Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Wish I Hadnt Told A Soul...im Tired

I'm tired...of explaining myself.

I'm tired...of people asking 'how much' I've lost

I'm tired...of people who live far away , saying 'I can't wait to see your skinny ass' for the holidays.

I'm tired..of people asking 'can u eat that?'

I'm tired of people's font right obnoxious comments!

It's my business, no one else's. And that's the only regret I gave with the band so far. Just venting. Thanks.

I totally relate! I actually started off only wanting to tell a few that i was close to but then i realized it was getting out so i said what the heck and just let it all out. Big Mistake! Lesson learned! Can't trust anyone! I have only had two negative comments but i ignored them...mostly everyone has been supportive but am so tired of the questions! But what can we really do about it now?

I was only going to tell a few, but my mother couldn't keep her mouth shut so the world knew as soon as I told her. However, no one says one word about my weight, I have lost 35 lbs and not one word. I had one co-worker who always seemed to be concerned with what I was eating, but she has chilled out now.

My little secret is only shared with others who could use this tool. I have them swear to keep it confidential. So far no one speaks about it to me and I like it that way! I work in an environment which is full of gossips and judgemental people, so keeping it to myself has worked well for me.

I feel you on that. I told select coworkers, my husband, sister in law, and my granmother. My mother and i dont get alon at all. At the time, we were ok. Bad idea to tell her. " why cant you lose it on your own? You dont do this and you dont do that, lazy, etc." It got old fast. People tend to look at it like we are specimens in a petri dish!.. sorry, my person is still here! Keep your head up and thanks for venting! :-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY SII Skyrocket using LapBandTalk

I can SO relate to your post; I just want to crawl under a rock or hide in a cave to avoid it all

That was one of the reasons I decided to keep it a secret....only 1 person knows in my entire family (she's the only one who knows how to keep a secret)....not even my mom cause she broadcasts everything. Co-workers...forget it, I work in a retirement home, but it's as if I work in a news broadcasting station....nothing is a secret in that environment. I know the questions would be flowing left and right, I have a few co-workers who are always monitoring what the "bigger" staff are eating to go and gossip...So to them, I'm on vacay....and I plan on keeping it that way, I just can't be bothered.

That is why I am so grateful for people on this site, because we understand each other....no judgments thus I can be open and honest about my journey; we can always turn to each other. This site is a safe haven.....

I second your post @ nurselydsss

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY SII Skyrocket using LapBandTalk

Wether u keep the band a secret or not when the weight starts to melt off people will ask and give opinions.when I lost weight before people kept asking how ( it was Atkins low carb high protein) they always asked if I should be eating something and gave unsolicited helpful and not so helpful tips on what to do to lose more. questioning every step I took and bit I ate. I think it just comes with weightloss.choosing to tell about the band is ur choice buy if ur successful at any weightless effort , the comments will keep coming !

i agree with all of you. I have not told many friends , I do not want all the questions >

I kept things on the DL until I felt like I had a handlea on things. Once it was noticalbe and people started to comment, I owned it. I am very proud that I made a choice for my health. While I didn't hit goal I feel so much better and that was the point. I spend 4 nights at a bar/poolhall and it is hard to get good choices. It helps that team members know, I get to share food and split bills.

I am in an awkward situation. One of my employees was banded 1 1/2 years ago. She initially lost 70# but has gained 40-50 back. This employee no longer works for me but her mother does. I really can't tell them that I was banded. It will cause a lot of problems. As you all can see. I am losing weight and unfortunately I've had to have another surgery for another problem. So of course they all think I have cancer or something. I have no idea how or what I will eventually tell them. I agree telling anyone can be an issue with answering all those questions.

I'm tired...of explaining myself.

I'm tired...of people asking 'how much' I've lost

I'm tired...of people who live far away ' date=' saying 'I can't wait to see your skinny ass' for the holidays.

I'm tired..of people asking 'can u eat that?'

I'm tired of people's font right obnoxious comments!

It's my business, no one else's. And that's the only regret I gave with the band so far. Just venting. Thanks.

[/quote']

This is why I never told a soul outside of my family.

You don't owe anyone any explanations whatsoever and if people keep badgering you just say "it's personal. I don't want to discuss it and don't make me regret telling you"

If they make you feel uncomfortable then just walk away.

People can be sooo annoying.

I am tired of all of that and tired of people telling me not to lose any more weight!

The constant comments are annoying LOL