Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Removal Surgeon In Dallas/plano/frisco??

Hello! I had a Lap band placed in Feb 2010. Lost 25 lbs and gained it all back. Started having gallbladder problems about 6 months later and had to have my G-bladder removed less than 1 year after surgery. I later found out, my weight issues are more hormonally and endocrine related. I feel that all the band has managed to help me do is maintain. Just as heavy as when I started and very discouraged about it. I used a Dr. where I live, in Texarkana, only to find out later (when I wasn't losing weight fast enough) what a jerk he is. Where his bedside manner went....who knows? Anyway, I am looking for a Dr. in the Dallas area who could remove my band without judgement and without herding me through his clinic like another number added to his checking account. I quit going to my Dr. up here after having my G-bladder out bc I dreaded going to see him! He would act so hateful and demeaning, like I was stupid. That has been nearly 2 years ago (yikes!) I still have some fill, but don't even know how much. Any thoughts on a good Dallas Dr. who would remove and not push for revision....and not be a jerk? :)

I used Dr Wade Barker in Dallas.I felt he was good.Alot of people go to him from around the country.He does other types of Bariatric procedures.Barker Bariatrics.

I had the lap-band placed with Dr. Nicholson and he does revisions and removal and he is an awsome Dr. honeslty I trus thim 110% he is not at all demeaning he even shared with me that he is a cry baby when he is the patient and he sees a needle he said you have to " chase him down" lol!!! he has his Nicholson Clinic in Plano and at Park forest hospital ( or the other way around Forest Park ) in Dallas. Thatst were I had my surgery. He has beenn named top Dallas Doctor by D magazine for the last five years. not to mention his staff adore him. I recommend him I really do. Good luck!!

What doc in texarkana? I had one that was a jerk there too

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I really appreciate them! I have settled on going to see Dr. James Davidson and I guess I will see how it goes at my consult tomorrow. @ Louisianalady ~ Ron Heiker is who I went to. He is one of only 2 in Texarkana who do Bariatric surgeries and the other one is his wife! He frequently knicks people and his arrogant attitude is unreal. I am sorry you had a bad experience also.

Not him. It was a family practice doc that was rude. My lapband doc here in shreveport was awesome

@Louisianalady~ Who did you use in Shreveport? That is about 1 1/2 hours away from me as opposed to 3 to Dallas and closer is always better if the care is as good.In the case of my band Dr. here in Texarkana closer did not equal better care. Did he remove your band or revise? Thanks for any info. I haven't yet seen the Dr. in Dallas yet (have an appointment) and it costs me about $100 just to get there!

Dr Barnes 3182221942. He put my band in but he Will do anything u need

Did u try to call them

Not yet, but my pain has worsened and I am calling him on Monday! The Dr. I have an appt to see later next month charges $350 if you are coming to him from a different surgeon. I am very hopeful that Dr. Barnes won't have that charge, it is such a lot of $ especially with the holidays coming, but I can't go on in pain either!

If u need something feel free to call me even if its a bed to crash in! 573-528-3538. I text too . Let me know what he says!

Hey, so I called Dr. Barnes office and after a bit of research, had just about decided to use his wife Stephanie. When I called though, she doesn't practice right now, so my appt. is with her husband, James Barnes. They do not charge any kind of fee for taking another surgeon's work and got me an appointment (seminar free) for the 12th. I will be honest, the whole husband/wife team thing makes me nervous because that's what I had here in Texarkana, so I guess I will meet with him and see how it goes. They accept my insurance, and that's great too. I still have my appointment with Dr. Davidson in Dallas on the 9th and I may go on and check him out too. I had such a poor experience the last time around and I want to make sure I get it right this time! Thanks for all your help Louisianalady!

I use him. Never been to her. He is a wonderful surgeon . He doesn't just do diet surgery. My husband is having gastric next week from him. Maybe i will see u there. Tell him mildred wise referred you