Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What kind of protein dink is everyone drinking?

Sorry But Please Remember I Do Not Have A Band Yet...if Anyone Who Has A Band Has Tried This I Would Like To Know Whatthey Thought Of It...

Thanks

I started drinking Optifast from my surgeon. It comes in vanilla, chocolate and strawberry. It comes in a juicebox. I purchased the vanilla and chocolate. They tasted just about passable, but I put it in a blender with some ice and it improved the taste drastically. I like the chocolate better than vanilla, but the vanilla is good for a switch. It was, however, EXPENSIVE. I have to drink 5 of these drinks a day and each case came with 72 drinks. I purchased 2 cases and it cost me $130.00. This, however, is the only drink that my surgeon wants his patients to drink prior to and for 2 weeks after the surgery.

When I realized I needed the Protein, I went to GNC and was going to try the iso pure whey powder but I didn't want to buy such a big jug with out tasting it first. Saw the Isopure H2O and bought a few bottles of that. Ricanlady- thanks for the hints- they do taste a little "funny" and I would not have thought to make popsyckles out of it!

I like Slim Fast High protein/Low carb vanilla flavor. It has 20 g Protein, 4 g carbs, and 180 calories.

I just bought Bene Protein and mixed with crystal light and noticed a small change in taste. It mixed well in the cold Water. I ordered it from walgreens.com

I dont like Advantage Edge. It tasted like chalk.

Good luck to you.

Also thanks to everyone for the info about the Peanut Butter. I LOVE PB.

I bought some Diet Fuel plus .... i DON'T recommend it ... taste disgusting .. avoid..

I'm now going to try the Lean Body stuff....

My difficulty is that i am in a hotel for 4 nights a week and during the day i am on a site that doesn't really do anything but sandwiches so i'm stuggling for good nutrition during the day ... so far been drinking the shakes my surgeon provided

I travel a lot too...I have been drinking the Adkins Advantage drinks. They only have 170 calories, 1 gram of sugar and 18 grams of protein!

The are in a can, so they travel very well. Easy to shake up and poor over ice in a meeting!

Sugar1, where are you from? I just had my consult with my nutritionist yesterday and she said that the doctor I am going to has a specific drink he likes his patients to use too, and that it will cost about $150.00. She also said I will have to drink five per day. I am in Jacksonville, Florida and just wondered if we are using the same doctor.

I started drinking Optifast from my surgeon. It comes in Vanilla, chocolate and strawberry. It comes in a juicebox. I purchased the vanilla and chocolate. They tasted just about passable, but I put it in a blender with some ice and it improved the taste drastically. I like the chocolate better than vanilla, but the vanilla is good for a switch. It was, however, EXPENSIVE. I have to drink 5 of these drinks a day and each case came with 72 drinks. I purchased 2 cases and it cost me $130.00. This, however, is the only drink that my surgeon wants his patients to drink prior to and for 2 weeks after the surgery.