Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Do You Look Forward To???

I was banded Dec 19 2011 and I am down 78 lbs. I was looking at my driver license and I was like wow I might actually be the weight I have listed on there really soon. I bet when I went in they said yeah right that's how much you weigh. Haha. The other thing I am looking forward to in being in the regular section for.clothes not the plus size. I do have to say I have had to take clothes back after I bought them because they were too big and I didn't try them on in the store. That isn't something I have ever had to do before. I am now realizing it takes longer for your mind to check up with your body.

I love posts like these. I want to wear shorts again and buy in the normal clothing side. And to get back some self confidence again!

I was banded Dec 19 2011 and I am down 78 lbs. I was looking at my driver license and I was like wow I might actually be the weight I have listed on there really soon. I bet when I went in they said yeah right that's how much you weigh. Haha..

I love it. Made me look at my drivers license...... new goal to get to the weight on my license!

I would just like to have less back pain! That is my one goal!!! I look forward to the change in appearance but at this point I just want less pain.

I just want to be able to chase my little princess around the yard and feel good doing it and not like I'm going to die. But I'm not going to lie, I have a corset that I bought when I first met my husband and he was blown away by it and I am so excited for the day I get back into it and surprise him with the fact I've still got it! I'm bringing sexy back to my bedroom!

How coincidental! I was just making my list of things I wish for as I go into my surgery...here goes!

Wearing shorts for the first time since grade school...painting my toes without gasping for air...wearing a skirt without my thighs rubbing together...no more double chin...standing with my feet together and not feel like I'm going to fall over...

I could go on all night, but mainly all I want is to get my life back!!!!!

painting my toes without gasping for air...

OMG!!! I never even thought of that one, LOL... But I hear ya!

painting my toes without gasping for air...

OMG!!! I never even thought of that one' date=' LOL... But I hear ya![/quote']

LOL...the simple things ;)

I would just like to have less back pain! That is my one goal!!! I look forward to the change in appearance but at this point I just want less pain.

I'm with you cindroo, less pain. I too look forward to the change in my appearance but to have a day with less pain would be heavenly.

I can't wait to feel confident that the image I have of myself in my head is who I see when I look in the mirror and who everyone else sees! And to be healthy... and I have an inkling I will have one heck of a shopping habit--especially for boots and heels that I can't wear now because my feet are in too much pain. Also, to not have so much weight on my abdomen and feel comfortable driving without my belly rubbing up against the steering wheel (that's super embarrassing)...

And I can't wait to discover more non-scale victories that I don't realize will be right now. :D

i also cant wait to shop in the non plus size store... my date is 10/17/12. i forsee myself having a shopping habit also,, i know now all the skinny clothes are cheaper! lol..less material!

I travel for work alot and have not had to wear an extender, but have had some tight seatbelt flights.......being more comfortable on a plane is a big one for me.

I want to go shopping with my teenage daughter and not get cranky and want to leave the mall because I can't find anything in a normal size store. I just want to walk out of my house each day and never have to worry about covering my body and that feeling of what others think about me. I'm tired of going to the store and looking at women my age being so healthy and wearing such cute clothes. I want the sense of beauty back in my life. I am tired of being sad.....

I am looking forward to just saying noooooo to food and all the miserable things its made my life to be.

:)

I am 2 years post op and have lost 60% of my excess body weight but still have a way to go. Two of my goals were to be able to put down the tray when flying and ride a bike. Well i have managed these two things and it feels so good! Last week however, was extraordinary, i went shopping with my 18 year old daughter and she zeroed in on a pair of floral jeans - whoops, "sorry" i said," i have a pair of those on lay-by". She gave me a dirty look and moved on while i did a little happy dance. Mind you she is still a few sizes smaller than me but i can shop where she shops now. Hooray!

I think the toes thing is too true. Agreed with thigh rubbing, cloth shopping and the bed room boom boom to be more spontaneous. There are so many things that I look forward to. Collar bones, upper arms that don't wave back at people and being able to cross my legs again. So many different things. Cant wait for all the changes.