Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Do You Get All Your Protein In Besides Eating Meat?

Protein, from what my dr and surgeon and nutritionist said is what is gonna help us (lose weight). its our fuel. i truly believe that. shakes is okay (but we can live on liquids for ever-----jeannie let me know all about that when i came off a month of all liquids.....whoooeeee she laid it out straight to this princess).

you are doing so good donna....just keep going.

its all we can do.

i love knowing i have you guys to keep me going, smiling, and good vibes.

Wal-Mart has a Hurst 15 been Soup that is so so so good. It is basically the same recipe as above, but has every different type I'd been you can imagine. Then you simply add the tomatoes and meat of your choice. I have made it with chicken, pork, beef, sausage. There are spice packets all included.

Also

http://www.hurstbeans.com/

Their website has excellent recipes, if you have questions they answer you right back. Can't say enough good about them!!!

Hope this helps.

Sorry about the auto correct.

Of bean is what I typed. Lol. I really need to proof read.

<---- got all the ingrediants to make that bean ground turkey chili

will let yall know how it was, oh and if I goooooooooooooo (ohh god I need to go) heeheee

Wal-Mart has a Hurst 15 been Soup that is so so so good. It is basically the same recipe as above, but has every different type I'd been you can imagine. Then you simply add the tomatoes and meat of your choice. I have made it with chicken, pork, beef, sausage. There are spice packets all included.

Also

http://www.hurstbeans.com/

Their website has excellent recipes, if you have questions they answer you right back. Can't say enough good about them!!!

Hope this helps.

was checking out that 15 bean sloppy joes..looks quite interesting thanks for sharing :)

My doctor drinks a Protein Shake every day for breakfast! He believes in drinking the Protein shake to get your protein!!

I was so sorry to hear about you getting "chewed" for drinking a Protein shake...I was also thinking about drinking one for breakfast--partly because I seem to get a stuck feeling after eating Breakfast (which may be caused by my allergies) and because I have so much of the drink mix left--I don't want to waste it.

I have been having problems with dry meats...I have found that I need to add some form of moisture to it--whether that the sauce (BBQ,ketchup) or marinade. When I have made something that goes down well then I will eat it every day for lunch until it's gone--such as the cabbage rolls I made last weekend. Good luck to you!!!

protein' date=' from what my dr and surgeon and nutritionist said is what is gonna help us (lose weight). its our fuel. i truly believe that. shakes is okay (but we can live on liquids for ever-----jeannie let me know all about that when i came off a month of all liquids.....whoooeeee she laid it out straight to this princess).

you are doing so good donna....just keep going.

its all we can do.

i love knowing i have you guys to keep me going, smiling, and good vibes.[/quote']

Ok...maybe thats why im not losing like I thought I would. My clear liquid diey had zero Protein. I thought I would loose at least 10lbs my first two weeks. 231 9/7 12, day of surg, 224 this morning, day 13. I know everybody is different but i'm seeing far better results with othet people. Drank an Optifast for Breakfast today. Maybe if I do my pre op diet I will see better results. At least I was not hungry all the time. I am suppose to begin all liquid 9/22. I just can't wait 2 more days.

Hello everyone my sister had the lap band done 2 years ago and has given me some great tips! She said if I'm out shopping or on the run two things I can eat that are low calorie: 1 is from taco bell there pintos and cheese(180 calories)(its refried Beans and a little shredded cheese and there red mild sauce) 2 is wendy's chili (300 calories) ( i buy a large and eat on it for a few days). i just had my surgery on Wednesday October 3rd, I went ahead and graduated to soft or pureed foods. So i tried the wendys chili all i did was blend it up in the the food processor and ate it it went down great and most importantly stayed down :) For taco bell beans all I do is add more red sauce, Sometimes I add fat free sour cream just to spice it up a bit! honestly today I bought 4 of them and plan on eating them over the next few days. i also bought 4 sides of guacamole(35 calories per side) because I love guac.. But that added to your beans is good too! I am struggling to drink enough Water though! and tips or recipes you have please share! :)

Hello everyone my sister had the lap band done 2 years ago and has given me some great tips! She said if I'm out shopping or on the run two things I can eat that are low calorie: 1 is from taco bell there pintos and cheese(180 calories)(its refried Beans and a little shredded cheese and there red mild sauce) 2 is wendy's chili (300 calories) ( i buy a large and eat on it for a few days). i just had my surgery on Wednesday October 3rd' date=' I went ahead and graduated to soft or pureed foods. So i tried the wendys chili all i did was blend it up in the the food processor and ate it it went down great and most importantly stayed down :) For taco bell Beans all I do is add more red sauce, Sometimes I add fat free sour cream just to spice it up a bit! honestly today I bought 4 of them and plan on eating them over the next few days. i also bought 4 sides of guacamole(35 calories per side) because I love guac.. But that added to your beans is good too! I am struggling to drink enough Water though! and tips or recipes you have please share! :)[/quote']

Hello and Welcome. First of all congrats on your surgery. As you know from your sister, you just startef a new life. Its a blessing to have someone so close already go through this. I sounds like you got it together. I learned from LBT and MFP about foods and phase eating. On MFP I get to see everyones food diary. It helps me make better choices. It definately helps me to stay away from things. Lots of creative food ideas for all stages. Please check it out. If you like it, feel free to add me and pass the word. Darkangel321 at My Fitness Pal. Invite your sister too!

Hello everyone my sister had the lap band done 2 years ago and has given me some great tips! She said if I'm out shopping or on the run two things I can eat that are low calorie: 1 is from taco bell there pintos and cheese(180 calories)(its refried Beans and a little shredded cheese and there red mild sauce) 2 is wendy's chili (300 calories) ( i buy a large and eat on it for a few days). i just had my surgery on Wednesday October 3rd' date=' I went ahead and graduated to soft or pureed foods. So i tried the wendys chili all i did was blend it up in the the food processor and ate it it went down great and most importantly stayed down :) For taco bell Beans all I do is add more red sauce, Sometimes I add fat free sour cream just to spice it up a bit! honestly today I bought 4 of them and plan on eating them over the next few days. i also bought 4 sides of guacamole(35 calories per side) because I love guac.. But that added to your beans is good too! I am struggling to drink enough Water though! and tips or recipes you have please share! :)[/quote']

oooh i forgot...I just ordered powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Flavorless Protein to add to foods and Water bottles because I do not get enough Protein either. Will be here by friday. Keep in touch so I can tell you how it is. :-)

Okay' date=' here's my delima: I cannot stand hamburger meat since surgery, chicken gets stuck unless it's canned and I make chicken salad, I eat a lot of fish (and I'm getting tired of it), shaved turkey or ham, cheese (low fat), cottage cheese, I may eat a half of an 8" Quesadilla with low fat cheese in it. I'm getting burned out on my meals as I eat these things every day. I was wondering how you guys get your Protein in in other ways besides meat? I went to the dr last week and had .25cc's removed, he thought I was too tight, I'm 3 months post op by the way and before he came in his nurse blessed me out over drinking Protein shakes. I only drink them occassionally like before church when I'm in a hurry and it's simple and quick but she said that the only time I should be drinking them was pre op and post op. I felt like a scolded child, guess I should have said something to the dr but didn't. He such a sweetie and great bedside manner. Anyway, off the subject, back at hand, I haven't tackled pork chops or steak, scared to as if chicken gets stuck so will that. Open for suggestions. thx

Donna[/quote']

I dont know what ur office rule are but my sister is 9 mos post op bypass and she still does shakes to get hr protien in. I would talk to ur doctor

oooh i forgot...I just ordered unjury Flavorless Protein to add to foods and Water bottles because I do not get enough Protein either. Will be here by friday. Keep in touch so I can tell you how it is. :-)

let me know how it is too as I was wondering whether it changes the texture to Water like crystal light water bottle of course? Not so much concerned with adding to food as with my water. Keep us posted on what you think as I might want to order some. thx

let me know how it is too as I was wondering whether it changes the texture to Water like crystal light Water bottle of course? Not so much concerned with adding to food as with my water. Keep us posted on what you think as I might want to order some. thx

Definately. UPS says delivery is tmro. look me up on MFP if you are there.