Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Do You Get All Your Protein In Besides Eating Meat?

let me know how it is too as I was wondering whether it changes the texture to Water like crystal light water bottle of course? Not so much concerned with adding to food as with my Water. Keep us posted on what you think as I might want to order some. thx

Good Morning,

Protein came ystdy. Did one scoop in 16oz water bottle with berry Limeade powder mix. Color changed slightly milky tint. Made it a little smooth. And a very slight hint of a cream flavor. Recommendations are the stronger the fruit flavor the better...like orange juice. Today I will try 1/2 scoop to see if I like it better. I do recommend it.

Everyone has given you some awsome suggestions. I have one more to add. Just before I started my 2wk preop diet (4 wks ago) I purchased a digital pressure cooker. BEST KITCHEN GADGET I EVER BOUGHT! I made curry short ribs that literally fell apart. My point is I think its better than the slow cooker' date=' which I have, and extremely fast. May eliminate some of that chewing you are having a problem with. My best friend had band surg and gastric sleeve and told me her saving grace is her pressure cooker. So I purchased my own. Please try it.[/quote']

Email me recipes. I jut gt one. Still in box lol

Janner146 - Nevada - Banded 9/12!

Okay ladies and your ens, how much Beans do you use? I want to learn how to cook n eat Beans but wow. Chili causes serious as. Help?

Email me recipes. I jut gt one. Still in box lol

I love u! I got mine from QVC, 6qt. Gotta do my workout video then I will look for some. Message me your email in my private box here or the one on MFP. :-)

I love u! I got mine from QVC' date=' 6qt. Gotta do my workout video then I will look for some. Message me your email in my private box here or the one on MFP. :-)[/quote']

Hey dorkess lol. I'm mfp jan. janner146 lol.

Beans, cheese, greek yogurt, tofu, lentils, seitan...those and fish are my Protein staples. Oh, and eggs!

Okay ladies and your ens, how much Beans do you use? I want to learn how to cook n eat Beans but wow. Chili causes serious as. Help?

One of the secrets to ungassing dry beans is to soak, soak, soak! Soak them in your biggest Soup pot full of Water at least overnight, but change the Water at least twice and more than that if you can. If you can soak them 2 days, even better, just change the water every 8 hours or so until you are ready to cook them. To cook, just put them in fresh water with salt and pepper, onion, diced Tomato, green pepper...whatever you want to flavor them really, or just leave them alone with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce and let simmer, covered, for an hour or several hours, depending on how soft you want them. A lot of people add garlic to them, but garlic makes me gassy, so I leave it out of everything.

I make a YUMMY chicken chili using a rotisserie chicken (without the skin), 5 cans of Beans, salsa, and a couple other things. I get great reviews and my family loves it. Also the chicken (being rotisserie) is really tender.

let me know how it is too as I was wondering whether it changes the texture to Water like crystal light Water bottle of course? Not so much concerned with adding to food as with my water. Keep us posted on what you think as I might want to order some. thx

Hey Donna12,

two more things i've done...add a scoop to my morning Optifast drink for xtra Protein and tday I mixed one scoop with 10oz of Trop 50. Made that taste like whole juice. Still recommend it. Have you checked my food diary on MFP?

Donna

I make 15 bean Soup every week half bag of Beans and half bag of chick peas diced onions and garlic sautéed in olive oil slice carrots and celery 3cans stewed tomatoes and Water i use Indian spices turmeric cumin etc I also make a meatloaf the two together do the trick for me but I love the shakes by nectar and Chike mixed in the blender with ice in fact I'm addicted to them I have 2 a day I stay full and so far since 6/15 I'm down 65 pounds getting my 4th fill in 2 weeks I still don't think I have restriction but I'm not having any issues with food. Have you tried the fake crabmeat I sauté it in teriyaki sauce also shrimp creole without the rice hope this helps and you find something you really like to eat

My NUT also says no liquid Protein. Since I started listening to her, I am losing at a higher rate. food only and she is not as worried about me getting all that Protein in as she is about me only eating when hungry. That was a really hard transition to make. But I did it and it is working great. I don't worry about it anymore. Just eat healthy when I eat (2x a day), get my Water in and exercise. Work closely with your NUT. What works for one does not work for all.

Good luck everyone, stick to your plan!

My NUT also says no liquid Protein. Since I started listening to her, I am losing at a higher rate. food only and she is not as worried about me getting all that Protein in as she is about me only eating when hungry. That was a really hard transition to make. But I did it and it is working great. I don't worry about it anymore. Just eat healthy when I eat (2x a day), get my Water in and exercise. Work closely with your NUT. What works for one does not work for all.

Okay' date=' here's my delima: I cannot stand hamburger meat since surgery, chicken gets stuck unless it's canned and I make chicken salad, I eat a lot of fish (and I'm getting tired of it), shaved turkey or ham, cheese (low fat), cottage cheese, I may eat a half of an 8" Quesadilla with low fat cheese in it. I'm getting burned out on my meals as I eat these things every day. I was wondering how you guys get your Protein in in other ways besides meat? I went to the dr last week and had .25cc's removed, he thought I was too tight, I'm 3 months post op by the way and before he came in his nurse blessed me out over drinking Protein shakes. I only drink them occassionally like before church when I'm in a hurry and it's simple and quick but she said that the only time I should be drinking them was pre op and post op. I felt like a scolded child, guess I should have said something to the dr but didn't. He such a sweetie and great bedside manner. Anyway, off the subject, back at hand, I haven't tackled pork chops or steak, scared to as if chicken gets stuck so will that. Open for suggestions. thx

Donna[/quote']

Another option with brans is to make your own brean burgers. I make black bean burgers that are so good and they freeze great!!

Hey Donna12,

two more things i've done...add a scoop to my morning Optifast drink for xtra Protein and tday I mixed one scoop with 10oz of Trop 50. Made that taste like whole juice. Still recommend it. Have you checked my food diary on MFP?

I guess I need to get me some Protein powder. huh? No I haven't ck'd your food diary out yet, I went on there but can't really figure out how to navigate around it, duh? lol. help!

Donna

Exactly, he doesn't want me drinking my protein and getting my calories in that way, wants me eating food and healthy. With that being said, I get hungry about every 4 to 5 hrs tho so I'm eating 3x a day with maybe a snack like low fat string cheese or a all beef stick or a bite of Peanut Butter in between. Today was awful, ate Breakfast at 8:30 which was early for me, lunch at 12:30 (out of town with family) and had to travel from out of state back home and didn't get home due to an accident on the interstate until 7:30 so I was starving. Luckily I had a bag of cashews with me and I had a few but by the time I got home I grabbed anything to eat, something quick which ended up being a small portion of pulled pork BBQ, a spoon of baked Beans and a spoon of potato salad.