Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I farted more than i ever have in my life my family would just look at me astonished lmao

Lol, hey I prayed for a fart last time I was hospitalized!!! I'm not afraid to fart & poop! It's important to get those toxins out of our bodies....plus hurts like hell

I was banded last Friday 10/5. I too only took pain meds one day. But I have gas pains. I went to work Monday and have been working ever since. When I bend down even a little the pain in my left shoulder is crazy! Other than that I feel fine.

My sister was banded today & her biggest complaint was her shoulders? Wtf? Not her stomach, her shoulders??? Weird...any idea why that may be?

My sister was banded today & her biggest complaint was her shoulders? Wtf? Not her stomach' date=' her shoulders??? Weird...any idea why that may be?[/quote']

The gas. I just got banded and I'm not having shoulder pain even though I fully expected it. I'm having gas pains in my chest and under my boobs. They FINALLY just gave me Water after not having any for 16 hours, had to wait til I had an Upper GI and the results.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using LapBandTalk

The gas. I just got banded and I'm not having shoulder pain even though I fully expected it. I'm having gas pains in my chest and under my boobs. They FINALLY just gave me Water after not having any for 16 hours' date=' had to wait til I had an Upper GI and the results.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using LapBandTalk[/quote']

Thats a long time to wait for water, they gave me water as soon as my eyes opened. After I woke up I was only there for 45 mins and then was on my way home. I've been walking around the house and just layed down with heat paks it feels so much better. Hope your gas lains go away quickly, mine are in my upper back and shoulders.

Thats a long time to wait for water' date=' they gave me Water as soon as my eyes opened. After I woke up I was only there for 45 mins and then was on my way home. I've been walking around the house and just layed down with heat paks it feels so much better. Hope your gas lains go away quickly, mine are in my upper back and shoulders.[/quote']

I'm jealous. I'm not even sure they're going to let me go home tonight because of my pain being so bad. I KNOW that I have a high pain tolerance, so why me? Lol. They made me stay in a recover room for an hour before I could even see my boyfriend and get to a normal room. I'm trying to eat beef broth right now. It's going down fine, but I prefer chicken. Lol. Eating as much of this as I can then trying for a popsicle and G2 with unflavored Protein.< /p>

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using LapBandTalk

I'm in quite a bit of pain. Not really feeling gas anywhere but my chest and stomach right now' date=' did everyone feel the shoulder pain right after or did it creep on you?

I can't think of everyone who had surgery today to name them all, but how are ya'll doing?!

I'm in pain also! Not really had pains but it hurts when I drink. I want to roll over and go to sleep but scared to move

My sister was banded today & her biggest complaint was her shoulders? Wtf? Not her stomach' date=' her shoulders??? Weird...any idea why that may be?[/quote']

I think that the air that is pumped in rises so you either get an air head ( ha) or shoulder. It's hard to get it out too. I'm 1 week today and it still hurts if I bend down.

I'm jealous. I'm not even sure they're going to let me go home tonight because of my pain being so bad. I KNOW that I have a high pain tolerance' date=' so why me? Lol. They made me stay in a recover room for an hour before I could even see my boyfriend and get to a normal room. I'm trying to eat beef broth right now. It's going down fine, but I prefer chicken. Lol. Eating as much of this as I can then trying for a popsicle and G2 with unflavored Protein.

Do you think it's gas pain that you are feeling. I ask because as soon as I started feeling pain after surgery they gave me Demerol and some other something. So much so that I was dosing off and setting off the monitor because I was not breathing. They had to put an oxygen tube on me for about an hour and tell me to breath deeply. Through it all I STILL FELT THE "discomfort" of the gas in my abdomen, shoulders, and back!

I'm jealous. I'm not even sure they're going to let me go home tonight because of my pain being so bad. I KNOW that I have a high pain tolerance' date=' so why me? Lol. They made me stay in a recover room for an hour before I could even see my boyfriend and get to a normal room. I'm trying to eat beef broth right now. It's going down fine, but I prefer chicken. Lol. Eating as much of this as I can then trying for a popsicle and G2 with unflavored Protein.

Wow praying that you can go home soon, its so much easier to recover at home, when you are uncomfortable you can walk around and get to where you are comfortable. I am finding that the more i use the heat paks the better the gas pain gets. I had bought infant gas drops and have used them once and have only had 1 tsp of my pain meds. Ive been sitting with a heat pak around my neck for my shoulders, one on my upper chest and one on my upper back.

Ask them if they have any heat paks you can use.

I'm sitting at a ping pong tournament ( lame I know) and EVERYONE is eating the free pizza! Hardiest day ever! I can't wait to be on mushies, only 5 more days.

I'm sitting at a ping pong tournament ( lame I know) and EVERYONE is eating the free pizza! Hardiest day ever! I can't wait to be on mushies' date=' only 5 more days.[/quote']

Oh snap! pizza is my cryptoniteI it's not a NO it's just a NOT NOW! Hang in there!

Hey guys just got home myself. Stayed in the hospital for one night. Pain wasn't so bad, but the gas discomfort is. Today was my first time eating and I feel like I'm swallowing air with every sip. Trying to use a heating pad now. My doctor sent me home with Tylenol #3 for pain, but I only have pain when I cough. I will admit I'm a little hesitant to eat anything else until I figure out how to get rid of this gas.

I am at a wedding rehearsal and they are eating my very favorite Mexican food! I am sitting with my Protein Shake 2 oz and trying to distract myself. I got this.

I had mine on oct 3rd how is everyone doing? Im still in pain from plericy (inflammation of the diaphragm and lining in ur lung) other than that i am having some trouble drinking all 64oz of Water and all my Protein

I had mine on the day after and Im doing well not much pain now and i am eight days post-op anf got my first week check up ,feeling pretty full after eating and not hungry at all :)

I had mine on the day after and Im doing well not much pain now and i am eight days post-op anf got my first week check up ' date='feeling pretty full after eating and not hungry at all :)[/quote']

I had mine on the 3rd also I'm still feeling a lot of gas pains and starting to get my appetite back