Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Try These! 42 Grams Of Protein In 3.8 Oz!!

Hello everyone. I am 11 days post op tdday. Struggeling with this all clear liquid thing. I had to do 2wks of all liquid pre op. Does anybody have any pointers, advice or guidance for me?

are you on Clear Liquids, or all liquids? There is an important distinction. If you are on clear liquids, try sugar free popsicles, different broths, diluted fruit juice, etc. If you are on all liquids, you have a little more freedom. You can basically eat anything that could go through a straw. You can puree vegetable Soup and drink it, or try cream of wheat, puddings, yogurt. You will get through this I promise!

It's very true, your body can't absorb more than approximately 25g of Protein at a time. Anything beyond that in a serving, like a shake with 42g of Protein, isn't being utilized. You're still only getting about 25g.

http://www.precisionnutrition.com/protein-limit

As far as the absorption rate of Protein and whether or not you actually get 25 or 30, I have yet to see any concrete science to back it up. There are just as many articles out there that would argue against those that say you should not eat more than that at a time. Regardless, let me get back to my original point...for those of us that have a hard time eating animal protein, this is a good supplement. Whether you choose to consume it all at once or throughout the day, it still helps you get over half your daily requirement in. Just food for thought.

I've never heard of the max Protein in one setting. I guess body biulders who drink 50-60g of protein after a workout have been doing it wrong all these years. I believe it depends on how much muscle you have on your body.

are you on clear liquids' date=' or all liquids? There is an important distinction. If you are on Clear Liquids, try sugar free popsicles, different broths, diluted fruit juice, etc. If you are on all liquids, you have a little more freedom. You can basically eat anything that could go through a straw. You can puree vegetable Soup and drink it, or try cream of wheat, puddings, yogurt. You will get through this I promise![/quote']

Technically clear liquids til sat. That is day 1 of week 3. Dr said wk 3 & 4 I do all liquid. I have been hungry and that worries. I still have Optifast left and hope after Satutday I won have thos hunger anymore.

Technically clear liquids til sat. That is day 1 of week 3. Dr said wk 3 & 4 I do all liquid. I have been hungry and that worries. I still have Optifast left and hope after Satutday I won have thos hunger anymore.

Forgot...was so hungry ystdy I ate a can of sardines in Water with spicy mustard on the side. It went down fine after alot of chewing. Didn't drink anything for 2.5 hrs. I weigh in every morning and show several ounces of loss everyday...not this morning.

Are these clear.or milky I would like to try them

They are the same color as Kool-Aid (without the sugar). I have tried the grape flavor and the orange flavor.

Thank you

I mix mine tube with 16oz of Water. Easier to get down

i have done a lot of research on these and the best price I have found so far is at supplementwarehouse.com

I really liked the watermelon flavor as well. I just sipped on it throughout the day.

I've tried the grape and the punch flavors. I can't stand the taste, buy I drink it in two halves. It takes about 3 swigs for a half for me. I just imagine its nasty medicine my Mom used I make me drink. When I'm done, I know I've taken care of a good portion of my daily Protein and its worth it!

I found these at Wal-Mart. I found several different flavors. These actually taste pretty good and you get 42 grams of Protein with each one. Has anyone else tried these?

How long have you been banded? I'm postoperative 2 months and my Dr. Said to get OFF ALL Protein drinks. I need to re-enter the "real" world and eat real food. The Protein Drinks were meant only for two week after surgery. Most drinks are loaded with sugar and I was diabetic before surgery, but off all Rx's now! I'm NOT about to get on the sugar merry-go-round again!

I bought a case from GNC; they are "New whey Liquid Protein" with 42 grams of Protein; they are Lactose FREE; Gluten FREE; Caffeine FREE; Sugar FREE: and Fat FREE; I just pretend that I am back in college and they are jell-o shots; agree with other posts that it is a good way to get in daily Protein. I will occassionally mix it with my morning o.j. because my band will not let me eat in the morning. So, I have no guilt about skipping Breakfast.< /p>