Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is An 8 A Romotely Possible Size After Sugery?

HI guys, so I went ahead and got a super awesome pair of size 8 jeans as inspiration. They came in the mail today and they look soo small! Has anybody made it to an eight? Or am I just setting myself up for failure? I am scheduled to be banded next month.

I know I will have to work super hard, the band is not a magic pill, it is a tool, It is more important to focus on my health, know I know I swear, but is an eight on the table?

I am currently an 18 or 20 in jeans. I haven't worn an eight since my air force days about fifteen years and two c sections ago.

ABSOLUTELY. I have a friend who was a 28... she's now an 8 and looks fantastic!

Nothing wrong with a little inspiration... good luck!

Definitely! I was an 18 in may when banded and am a 12/10 now (those awkward in between phases!)

You need to keep trying those jeans on as otherwise the same could happen to you that happened to me - you try them on and discover they are too big!

the only one who could stop that from happening, is you..

i know you will get there and you will be gorgeous (ps, you already are)

I just wanna say that everyone here is lovely and having this forum at my finger tips throughout this has been invaluable. I hope you all are doing well and message me if I can ever help!

Oh I love you guys! I just love you! I am so going to post a pic I my awesome size eight jeans as soon as possible! Thanks everyone!

Completely possible....and I would know! Started out at a tight 28!! And now I fit in a loose 6!

In fact, look at my avatar. That is me at a size 6 with my 28s on.

I'm an 8. 5 4 and 138 lbs. from 200 biggg ones.. ok not as big as some, but when youve lost the same 60+ pounds 10 times in your life.. thats 600 pounds.. so...is 8 possible.. its probable.. but heres the kick.. you want it.. it doesnt come for free. theres a price..

its called a food diary

a committment to healthy eating

an exercise program

believing in yourself

making the decision that you know its in your hands.. no one elses

going for it.

I now wear an 8 also. Actually a 7/8 cuz I hafta wear junior pants cuz my hubby says the womens makes my butt sag. It's been almost 3 yrs and over 100 lbs ago that I bought a pair of capris that were a 22 - the largest size I've ever been in. It's totally possible! I still am bigger on top and wear between a large and XL. Guess I still have those Swedish shoulders my mom always told me I had.

Make sure you try them on from time to time. I think I skipped over size 12, went right from 14s to 10s. Good luck! You can do this!

Marci

HI guys, so I went ahead and got a super awesome pair of size 8 jeans as inspiration. They came in the mail today and they look soo small! Has anybody made it to an eight? Or am I just setting myself up for failure? I am scheduled to be banded next month.

I know I will have to work super hard, the band is not a magic pill, it is a tool, It is more important to focus on my health, know I know I swear, but is an eight on the table?

I am currently an 18 or 20 in jeans. I haven't worn an eight since my air force days about fifteen years and two c sections ago.

Well when I started this mt hips measured 77". Currently they are 38" and I am now in 10s. I am amazed actually ... I thought I would be happy in a 14!! Now I have my sights set on 8.... So yes it is very doable!

After my friends lap band she was down to a size 4. She was so skinny the doctor told her she had to gain weight. Now she is a healthy size 8 .

Being a guy no! But I've lost 75lbs and let me tell ya I went shopping yesterday for some clothes I haven't bought anything yet because of my weight loss and it was a blast I found so many more choices in a smaller size and many more styles and to top it off on major clearance! Now what's more to life than that anyone?