Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Fill And It Doesnt Feel Good

Should I be able to constantly feel that tight feeling? I keep burping. I'm nervous.

Im getting my first fill tomorrow, I really don't know anything about it. In nervous also.

It's okay. The needle doesn't hurt hardly at all!! It's strange, you would think it hurts bad but it doesn't. Better than any shot in the arm I've ever had. The one thing that kinda sucked was she couldn't find my port and had to push around all over. I had to lay flat, arms behind head and relax then do like a crunch for her to push around and feel for it. It took awhile but she found it. Mine is in the middle of my stomach. She said it was in a odd place! The needle looks like a "L" shape. I promise its not bad! Let me know how it goes for you! They gave me 3cc's in my standard size 11cc band. I have another appt on the 22nd and she said she would probably put 2.5cc's in then. BUt I don't know if I'll be able to take it! I feel really tight right now.

It's normal for you to have some swelling around the band area shortly after a fill. That's why they want you on liquids for a few days. Until your stomach aclimates to the tigher band you may have difficulty passing foods or even fluids. If you can't stay hydrated you're probably too tight.

tmf

You know they never told me to do liquids after a fill! Sounds like a VERY important piece of information they forgot to tell me!!! :wacko:

I had my first fill today too. They told me liquids today, mushies tomorrow and regular food Thursday. Definitely start with liquids (they should have told you). I forgot and took a bite of something without thinking and it HURT. Good luck to you!

I had my first fill on the 28th and it wasnt bad at all i had to be on Clear Liquids for 48 hrs then full liquids for 12 hrs it all worked out no problem at all i just get full really fast!

Had my fill today and was surprised how fast it took. I got 6 cc put in. It is weird drinking Water real slow like. I burp after every sip. I did something bad tho, I was so hungery that when I drank my Protein Shake I did not feel full and I ate 1/2 of a cheese quesadilla. That was at 12:30 and it is now 7:38 and I am so stuffed. Water does not go down. Went out for a mile walk, I do feel better. I promise I wont do that again.

Wow. Can't believe they did 6cc. I just tried to eat and it wasn't good. 2 bites and I feel it wanting to get stuck. So guess I'll do shakes for another day

I've had 3 fills now (4cc's total) and I don't feel any different! I actually gained weight at my last visit! I do my Portion Control but stay hungry. In November I will be 1yr out from surgery and I am only down 30lbs :( I feel very discouraged.. Anyone else facing this issue?

I was banded on 8~9/12 and I got 5cc at time of surgery and yesterday I got 2 cc's my band holds 10cc's total. I feel great. No issues. I can eat. I don't get that full feeling so I have to be careful and weigh out a cup of food. I'm still hungry though. Any suggestions?