Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all, I'm 16 and had my lap band operation yesterday. Was wondering if anyone had any tips on getting rid of the enormous amount of shoulder pain I'm getting? I've tried panadine and Endone that I was given to at the hospital but it's not working all that well.

Cheers.

walking, walking and more walking. It's most likely gas pain, so you won't feel better until it all dissipates. A heating pad can also help, as well as rocking in a rocking chair (if it doesn't hurt too much).

I im four days post op and I find that heat pad helps. I make sure to only but it on my shoulders/ back so that way it is not close to my stomach and stitches. Also the more I move around the better I feel and the gas pain seem to be going away.

The shoulder pain is likely from gas, so those pain medications will do nothing for that type of pain. Try a product with simethicone, like GasX or an equivalent. Also, hot tea and a lot of walking worked best for me.

Thank you for the replies. I'm currently using a heat pack and drinking peppermint tea. Neither of which is working too well but i guess it's just one of those things you have to wait out. Weird that I'm having no pain around the area that was cut open , ha. Once again thank you all for your help. It's much appreciated.

Gas X did nothing to dissipate the gas pain I felt post op...and as others have shared walking is the best remedy.

I did find that using a heating pad on low setting for short lengths of time did help my abdomen feel better...and did not interfere with the healing process at my incision sites.

This will get better...keep moving!

Gas X won't work as the gas is not in the digestive system. The correct meds are the ones the Dr has prescribed which the OP is already taking.

Like everyone else has suggested walking will help. I paced back and forth on my back patio once an hour for ten to fifteen minutes.