Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bahamas Cruise In 6 Weeks, 5 Day Pouch Test

What are your workout supplements for? I only take on long run days.a scoop of Alarm from GNC to give me that extra continued energy.

I got both supplements from GNC. They also sell Lipo6 at Rite Aid.

CLA is supposed to support healthy metabolism function and maintain lean muscle mass. I actually try to take one every day, but sometimes I forget unless its a workout day.

The Lipo 6 is actually a thermogenic and i think it has caffeine in it. The thermogenic makes my body temperature higher and it makes me sweat more, so I take it on days that I'm gonna workout because it makes me sweat more than normal and hopefully burn more calories. The caffeine also gives me energy and I take half the daily dose, so I workout longer/harder when I take the Lipo 6 supplement.

I was just reading your messages, do you think you need a fill? I am almost 2 years out and just started eating bread, potatoes and rice. I mainly eat Protein and a very little bit of vegetables. I am now starting to have bad habits of eating chips, I really try to eat baked chips. I crave salt. I dont add a lot of salt to my food. I know you are going on a cruise and want to enjoy yourself. But just be careful, you don't want to gain back all that you have lost. But as soon as you get back, go and get you a fill.

My doc thinks I am actually in the green zone, he doesnt believe I need a fill, he says I just need to change what Im eating and how much, and I honestly agree with him to a certain extent.

I only have 4.05 cc in an 11cc realize band, but I haven't been closely monitoring the volume of food I eat (1-1.5 cups per meal, with 3-4 hrs between each meal). I just eat until I feel full and stop, and that is over 1.5 cups a lot of the time ... or I will eat past my full trigger.

So over these next few weeks Im trying to rev up the exercise and closely watch my portions and how often I eat. I'm sticking to my calorie goals more closely also.

I exercised every single day this weekend, including the holiday.

Also, I have been looking over my cookbook "Eat MORE of what you love" and the receipes inside are phenominal. They are low cal, low fat, and some are low carb or high Protein ...

I'm a bit high on my calories so far today ... but I plan to have on of my 150 calorie home made whole wheat pizzas for dinner, plus a Protein shot, so that will have me right on target.

Glad to see you using my fitness pal I found all these resources this year banded 12-2009 it helps keep me honest and the weight is coming off???ƒ

CurlyQ do you have any tips for us less experienced bandsters? I've only been banded for 5 months and I feel like Im "JUST" getting the hang of listening to my body, knowing the signals of when to eat and when to stop eating, and measuring my portions .... and I know that I have quite a LONG way to go still.

Any help or insight is like GOLD to me :)

I did a 3 mile wakl/jog this past saturday, and the saturday before that. I've going to the gym regularly and sticking to 1.5 cup portions or smaller.

I'm gonna commit to eating/consuming 1 liquid meal per day ... most likely Breakfast.

My body fat percentage is DOWN!. Back in April my body fat % was 46% ... on Friday it was 39%!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVen though the scale is being stubborn I'm toning and I'm so excited about it.

Brisk walked a little over 2 miles last night ... 1.5 weeks until the cruise!!!!

I put the sequin dress back on .... I can zip it further than before. I'm hoping that by Thursday or Friday i will actually have it on. Im down another 4 lbs this week (YAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY :D ).

Im keeping with my supplments and working out. Im doing Zumba tonight and Saurday, and I meet with my personal trainer again this week .... wish me luck.

Good luck. Even if you end up with a different dress, you did fantastic!

I have a "back up" dress just in case we cant get it zipped on the cruise .... and if not that's perfectly ok. Since its so shiny with all the sequins I can save it for new yrs.

I cant complain abuot my loss though. Im down a total of 19lbs since my 1st appt with my surgeron. My body fat is down 6% sicne April, and I'm blending my own Protein, ice and fruit shakes each morning, Im logging my calories and Protein, and Im staying so active.

I did Zumba Monday, and I'm doing some form of group fitness tonight, and I have Zumba again Saturday morning. I scoped out the fitness center on the carnival.com website and I'm ready to workout in the mornings on the boat while everyone else is sleeping.

I'm sure Im down more inches, maybe I'll try to post measurements tonight.

I LOVE this! Good job so far :D

I think what your experiencing is normal it does take time to listen to your body and wow your so on track. Keep weighing and measuring your food so when your not home like your cruise you can recognize what a portion looks like, keep tracking on my fitness pal everyone has moments where were tempted and I'll tell ya if I gave in usually I say to myself "that wasn't worth the calories" I had a meeting at work they had my favorite oatmeal raisin Cookies I broke off one small bite and didn't eat the rest. Your doing fantastic and should be so proud !! I do think if your craving something it's better to have it because for me I'd eat everything else then have it anyway or at least in past when we could eat more treat yourself every once in a while my favorite treat is a McDonald's ice cream cone I get my fix and it's 150-170 calories, I also love lemon itilian ice 100 calories these treats increase your sugar but my dietitian thinks it's fine in moderation. If your not self pay and feel stuck at any time ask for extra support with your dietitian. They had me down for yearly visits and I waited that year or should I say wasted that year, I'll never go more than six months again I just a run of 3 months which helped get me back on track I didn't gain any weight but didn't lose either so don't ever be afraid to ask for help if you need it. It comes down to mind over matter that darn head hunger. Next week I going to a class called mindful eating if I get any good tips I'll pass them along. Sorry it took me so long to reply I'm currently going through a lot of stressful events I hope this helps and again big congrats to you excellent job!!!

How was the mindful eating class?

I went on the ship and gained 7 lbs ... SMH. Nohting to do but eat and sleep and gamble LOL. I did go to the gym and I did a lot of walking and excursions and STILL gained 7 lbs. Good news is that 4 of those lbs are already gone this week so I'm back on track.

Super awesome news is that I got into my sequin dress by the cruise, and I wore it to the captain's dinner!!! YAY!!!!! 598746_10100182739011503_1387871612_n.jpg