Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bahamas Cruise In 6 Weeks, 5 Day Pouch Test

Hey everyone! I got banded on March 9. I've lost about 12-15 lbs so far (the scale keeps going up and down these 3 lbs).

I'm going on my 1st cruise next month and I desperately need something to break this plateau and get the scale moving down again. I workout at least 3 days a week and I meet with my personal trainer often. I can see my body changing, and I'm losing inches, but the scale is really not moving at the pace that I desire ...

All that being said - I'm on a mission to lose 10 lbs in the next 6 weeks, and/or HOPEFULLY fit into a cute all sequin dress for the captain's dinner on my cruise. So I'm gonna start the 5 day pouch plan tomorrow morning, starting with the 2 day liquid diet of low carb Protein shakes .... for the weeks that follow I plan to carefully watch (I dont want to use the word "limit") my bad carbs - potatoes, rice, bread, Pasta, sugar, etc - and try and stick to the 1 cup per meal rule (which I really havent even been monitoring over the past month or so).

So .... I share this with you because I need something to actually hold me accountable. So I'm gonna post my progress (or lack thereof) on this thread for the duration of my 6 week journey. I just ask that you guys put me in my place when I post that I'm not sticking to the plan, and provide motivation, etc when I'm staying on track.

Also, if I'm successful, maybe some of us out here can use this thread as a blueprint to break a plateau. I'll post stats (weight, measurements, exercise) in the thread, and I want some feedback from the seasoned bandsters out there since I'm only 5 month into my journey.

Thanks for looking!

Aug 14

Weight - 249 lbs

activity - core workout (10 mins)

cardio (stationary bike, 40 mins)

Have you lost "alot" of weight right away?(say like fifty pounds or so? or a good percentage of the total weight you want to loose?). Sometimes if this happens the body slows itself down to give the skin a chance to catch up. Platus are common and if you keep on eating right and working out on a regular baisis your body will snap out of it and you will start loosing at a good clip again.

Will be looking for your post. Don't let us down.LOL

Hey all! I didnt lose a lot of weight fast. During the 1 week liquid pre-op diet I only lost 3 lbs, and I've only lost about 10 lbs after surgery.

I do eat Protein first, but I have been eating bad carbs and veggies at about the same rate.

I am on myfitnesspal, my screen name is sunnyhoney11. My food diary is public, please add me guys!!

So let me tell you how day 1 went - SIGH - well .... I woke up almost ravenously hungry, so I ate some veggie straws (kinda like potato chips but they are shaped like sticks and made with ground potato, Tomato, and spinach) ... so there goes the day of all liquids on the 1st day!!!

SO basically I had a solid lunch, and liquid Breakfast and liquid dinner. I took in under 1100 calories so maybe I didn't do too bad. I shall try again tomorrow for the all liquids. I'll post a picture of the dress I want to fit in for the cruise as well (added motivation).

Thanks all for following me on this journey!!! :)

Good luck to you! Im definitely in the same boat as far has being stuck after losing the first 20lbs and the scale continues to go up and down. Also, potatoes, rice, & Pasta have always been the food i ate before my surgery and ive drastically tried to limit them afterwards, but havent seen much of a difference yet. But i wish you well on your weight loss.

AJ

Thanks for all the support guys! I couldnt do it without you! So ... it looks like day 2 is also gonna be 2 liquid meals and 1 solid meal ... SIGH!!!

I had a burger on a bed of lettuce (no bun) for lunch ... but I did eat some potato wedges (ugggggg) ...

I'm going to the gym tonight and I'm well under my calorie limit so far .... so hopefully this at least yeilds some results. I'll try to post measurements tonight (just gotta find my tape measure).

I've been on half a dozen cruises since lapband, with 2 more scheduled in the next 9 months. I'll tell you that, as an experienced cruiser, cruises and lap-band doesn't mix that well. There is so much food available, unfortunately, including ice cream and other sweets 24/7.

I know your question is about preparing; but I'll tell you that it is more what you do once you hit the ship. The average person (non-banded gains an average of a pound a day on the ship... so if you can maintain during your cruise, count it a huge victory.

But enjoy yourself... but when you go to the buffet, (or even to the restaurant), know where the restrooms are.

Luckily we signed up for the "sit-down" meals and not the buffet - or so I THINK - ... and I'll have to make a rule for myself not to eat after 9pm each night (hoping that's an attainable goal). I plan to exercise on the ship and do some walking ... do they have Zumba on cruise ships now? That would be awesome if they did ...

So day 3 went ALL out of whack .... yesterday was actually pretty good in comparison.

I stayed up until 4am bc I partied with my friends, went to a nightclub and danced and got sweaty (yay to burning calories) ... but when I woke up late for work at 9am, I didn't plan out a good Breakfast. I walked into work at 10:30 to TWO boxes full of dunkin donuts (UGGGGGG) I broke down and ate half a donut this morning. AT least I drank a Protein shake with my donut in hopes of regulating the sugar spikes <IDK how accurate that is>

lunch wasnt bad, as I had some baked chicken wings and some broccoli and diet iced tea ...

I need to focus! I'll keep you guys posted on my progress this evening as I am going to a CRAB FEAST ... luckily that's all Protein and no carbs, but they have additional items like hot dogs and rolls, potato salad, alcohil beverages and Desserts ... I'm just gonna focus on the lean protein from the steamed crabs.

I did well at the crab feast last night .... I focused on the lean Protein from the steamed crabs and I had a garden salad and some white meat chicken salad. No dessert - victory will be mine!!!

Soft Proteins today, tuna, scrambled eggs, etc. and Fiber chewables.< /p>

Anyway, here is the pic of the dress that I want to fit into ... I'm gonna try it on today just for kicks. I can get it on but I can only zip it halfway!!!

gallery_327620_9194_302799.jpg

gallery_327620_9194_2948609.jpg

So (for the ladies) my cycle came today and that's screwing up the scale right now ... but I worked out tonight and I ate high Protein low carb all day. I'm excited to see what the scale says when the cycle is over! To be continued!

I took my measurements this morning!

47 - 41 - 49. My hips went down an inch!

Oh i feel exhilarated!!!!! I ate around 1000 calories and i didnt feel starved yesterday, and today I'm "projected" (if I stick by my plan) to eat less than 1000 calories today! I also paid for my on-shore excursions of ATV riding and power snorkeling for the cruise! Oh I'm so pumped and I'm glad I have you guys here to share it with.

Im doing TRX at the gym tonight, and yesterday I did spinning class and an abs workout. I'll try on the dress again next week.

Check out my food diary on myfitnesspal.com my user name is sunnyhoney11

Also, I wanted to add that Im taking supplements for my workout days. I take 2000 mlg of CLA (conjugated linoleic acid) and 1 Lipo 6 Black for her thermogenic fat-burner pill.

I also take NutraMetrixx Calcium power in the morning, and Fiber chewables (and a bottle of water) when I feel hungry and I'm out of Snacks.