Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texans Getting To Know Texans

Nyt
Sign in to follow this  

Howdy Y'all!

Lets kick this group off with some intros of ourselves. What do you say?

We're all friendly folks here, so don't be shy. ;)

Where are you located? Killeen

When did/do you get your band? July 12th

What do you like/look forward to do(ing) for exercise? Martial arts, weight training, swimming, hoop dance, fire spinning, dancing, belly dance.

What's your fave thing to eat? My own cooking. Mostly restaurant type foods I make at home. Buffalo chicken in the crock-pot (for example). Asian cooking, italian cooking, creole/Cajun cooking, soul food, homestyle cooking, tex-mex cooking.

Fave music groups/artists/types? techno, dark techno, hard rock, metal, alternative, pop, hip hop. If it has a good beat, I like it. I don't care what it is.

What are you looking forward to? Being who I always dreamed I could be... a thinner, bad @$$ chick like I am now. Just a thinner version. :rolleyes:

Anything else you want to tell us? I'm a full time college student working towards my bachelor's in Business Administration. I miss Austin so much and I'm looking to get back there soon. Married with a great, supportive husband.

Where are you located? Houston

When did/do you get your band? Today! August 2nd

What do you like/look forward to do(ing) for exercise? I'm going to get Zumba 2 for the Wii, then hopefuly take some classes later. Once I lose a few pounds, I'm going to try the couch 2 5K method of running, but until then I do a lot of dog walking.

What's your fave thing to eat? Fried foods and carbs of coure! But since those aren't on the menu, there is this amazing Greek across from my house that I've been frequenting. Almost everything there is healthy and it's all made fresh right in front of you.

Fave music groups/artists/types? I still love 90s rock/metal, but since there are no radio stations that play it, I will listen to anything with a nice beat... except kesha, she annoys the tar out of me.

What are you looking forward to? Call me shallow, but I''m looking forward to the day when I get hit on by complete strangers again. I'm also looking forward to knee high boots and being able to wear a real bathing suit!

Anything else you want to tell us? I'm a mom to a wonderful 7 year old boy who has been taking good care of me since surgery. I work long hours because I am the only income in our three person family. My husband is currently in school and I can't wait for him to finish and get a job! I also have a lot of hobbies that I try to make time for. I play the harp and the flute, I knit, and I like to make digital paintings in Photoshop.

That's awesome! Congrats on getting banded! I wish you all the success you deserve.

I read you like fried foods. Try making stuff at home and not frying them. Breaded baked chicken is almost as good as fried chicken (a la shake and Bake). I know you are more than likely on liquid right now so my advice won't help much. I love buffalo chicken (breasts, wings, whatever). I found a great, easy recipe on allrecipes.com for buffalo chicken in the crockpot. It's not fried so that's good.

I got away from frying stuff at home years ago. It's messy and I just feel icky after eating it. If you love french fries, cut up a sweet potato like you would fries, put them on a baking sheet, drizzle some olive oil and seasonings, cook at 350 for 30 minutes... divine and healthier than regular fries. ;)

I can give you some good tips and tricks on how to make restaurant style food at home if you want. We love to eat out at my place but who can afford to eat out ALL the time? So I take some of my fave foods and come up with a way to make it healthier at home.

*** bonus tip: V8 fruit juice and vegetable juice are awesome ways to get some fruit and veggies into your body. Not to mention, they're good.

Where are you located? Houston

When did/do you get your band? On Sept 21

What do you like/look forward to do(ing) for exercise? everything i have been doing like strength training w my trainer, bodyworks class at LAFitness, Bootcamp without getting scared of the instructor and continuing Water aerobics (All at a faster pace and being able to do what the skinny peeps do too...like those lifts in awkard positions).

What's your fave thing to eat? Before the band it was pepperoni/jalapeno pizza...now im starting to love breadless lean turkey burgers

Fave music groups/artists/types? pop, hip hop, blues, a lil bit country, Kentucky bluegrass, rock from the 80's.

What are you looking forward to? Keeping my promise to my grandmother to "get back to the way you use to be"...skinny/toned thanks to the NAVY

Anything else you want to tell us? Loving the boards and all the support :)

Where are you located? Wylie, outside of the DFW area

When did/do you get your band? June 18th

What do you like/look forward to do(ing) for exercise? running and playing soccer with my son

What's your fave thing to eat? Mexcian and Chinese, but being good, I have learned I love almost all seafood and chicken

Fave music groups/artists/types? Country here, but we listen to almost anything

What are you looking forward to? Feeling good, not tired, but ready to embrace life. After losing a little over 20lbs, I am already feeling much more energetic.

Are there any members in the Brownsville area?

Where are you located? Dallas/Ft. Worth area

When did/do you get your band? June 20, 2012

What do you like/look forward to do(ing) for exercise? It being OVER!

What's your fave thing to eat? Before my band: Potatoes in all variations, big juicy steaks and cheesecake...now? it varies all the time, mostly chicken and salads

Fave music groups/artists/types? Country and all 80's music

What are you looking forward to? Being and feeling healthy

Anything else you want to tell us? Where is everyone??

Where are you located? Brownsville

When did/do you get your band? September 24, 2012

What do you like/look forward to do(ing) for exercise? Pool Time

What's your fave thing to eat? Before my band: Cheesecake, but I've been diabetic for years so have learned to make low carb, sugar free, and they are wonderful!

Fave music groups/artists/types? Love music from the 60's and Christian contemporary

What are you looking forward to? More years of life

Anything else you want to tell us? One day at a time and don't look too far into the future so you'll be pleasantly surprised when it arrives.

Where are you located? Austin

When did/do you get your band? February 7, 2012

What do you like/look forward to do(ing) for exercise? Walking & gardening

What's your fave thing to eat? Before my band: ANything I cooked. I love to cook and I have to say I'm pretty good at it. So it still lays true today. I just cook less and healthier choices.

Fave music groups/artists/types? Country music. Kenny Chestney.

What are you looking forward to? The band improved my health, and I like myself again!

Anything else you want to tell us? A little late on filling this out so had to answer some questions past tense. The band saved my life! I love my band!!

Where are you located? Dickinson

When did/do you get your band? March 8,2013

What do you like/look forward to do(ing) for exercise? walking and not breathing hard after a flight of stairs

What's your fave thing to eat? Before my band: Mexican food that I or my mother, aunts make, pizza, hot wings are my favorite, Franks hot sauce on everything

Fave music groups/artists/types? a little bit of everything, well not everything I don't listen to classical.

What are you looking forward to? being happy with the way I look and not being embarrassed by me, feeling secure about myself.

Anything else you want to tell us? I am so excited about having this done!!

Name: Felecia

Where are you located? Brazoria, I'm about an hour South West of Houston

When did/do you get your band? Thursday! June 6th

What do you like/look forward to do(ing) for exercise? I like playing on my Wii, I like to watch movies and walk on my treadmill, but right now I'm not doing much of nothing. My legs and feet hurt so bad because of the weight I am carrying I kinda limp everywhere :(

What's your fave thing to eat? Anything sweet or anything carby... I love rolls, home made bread, Pasta, chinese food, oh and salad!

Fave music groups/artists/types? I like rap/hip hop, rock, 80's music, 90's music, and some current pop.

What are you looking forward to? I am looking forward to not being so tired, not being so miserable, my feet and my legs not hurting when I finally take pressure off them and lay down, not getting winded when I do something simple, being able to buy cute clothing without worrying about having to find the BIGGEST SIZE and hoping it still fits. I am also looking forward to being able to feel full.

Anything else you want to tell us? I LOVE audio books..lol