Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Craziest Things People Have Said Coming From Under General Anesthesia...

I'm a screaming and a practically talking in tonguer...lol After my gallbladder was removed I remember my surgeon saying, "shhh! Shhh!" and me screamimng, "what did you do to me? i'm burning i'm burning! O what did you do to me?" After my last c-sec I woke up asking, "and I alive or dead" after no response I asked again and threw up and then was told I was alive.

Is this normal? On tv every wakes up so peacefully.

I get real loopy on the drugs at the hospital...when I was drugged up right before having my son...I was struggling to push him out...been at it for awhile and was real tired. Finally my dr who was also tired said come on Keri you are going to have to work at it...I snapped back...why am I the one having to do all the work....that is what I am paying you for! She looked at me with surprise and then we both started laughing and my son was delivered just a few minutes later.

The only time I've been under was for my band, which was placed on March 1. In the recovery room, one of the first things I remember is them asking me to lift my butt up so they could take an xray. I only remember this vaguely, but I told the girls they needed to get away from me until they could go bathe, because they were filthy and I didn't want to get an infection, and shame on them for not having better hygiene, working in a hospital and all... their faces were smeared with dirt. I guess right aftrer I got my "happy juice" (I don't remember this myself) another nurse came in with the ashes on and I told her she looked like she had a Charles Manson tattoo. :)

(Later on I was told it was ash wednesday).

I don't remember this, but I apparently a few hours after surgery I was still drugged & VERY loopy. I kept saying that something was bothering me. A few minutes later I pulled out my IV & there was blood all over the place. They had to give me all the rest of my meds in shot version. UGH!!! The lady kept asking me why I pulled it out. I DIDN'T REMEMBER DOING IT!!!

This question is funny! Once after having surgery, I remember waking up and screaming I couldn't breath! The Doctor was saying just take some deep breaths...I just remember being mad at him thinking "how can I take deep breaths when I can't breath" I know it doesn't make a lot of since but I was postive I couldn't breath (even though everything was fine). My daughter had her tonsils out and the knocked her out then put her IV in, braced it, and wrapped it up. When she woke up she was screaming "the dumb doctor didn't take my tonsils out he broke my arm instead...listen to me scream!" It was awful! She just made her throat hurt even more.

After having some dental work (under a lighter anesthesia) I woke up looked right at the Dr and said "is my makeup ok the Dr's hot" He responded, it's ok, then I relized what I said and to whom, turned bright red and promptly threw up on myself (how embarassing)

During an endoscopy, under light anestesia, I told the doctor and the nurses attending I was talking them all to a David Bowie concert.

????!

They told me this and said don't worry, we don't hold anyone to what they say during surgery.

Oh my gosh! I don't remember ANYTHING until being wheeled into recovery and asking for a pillow under my knees so my back would have some support. How boring is that? I guess it's better than thinking "I'm burning! I'm burning!" but still, pretty boring.

You know what? I just BET I was a laugh riot BEFORE they wheeled me into recovery. I just don't remember it! LOL :notagree

Funny stories y'all.

As soon as I woke up, I kept asking "did I get the LAP Band? Did I get the LAP Band?" At first the nurse didn't answer so I thought maybe something went wrong, but then she nodded yes and I fell asleep again.

The last time I went under for dental work I left the office singing "I feel good na na na na na like I knew that I would now". Trust me I can't carry a tune in a bucket and I don't remember it. But several YEARS later took my daughter to the same surgeon and the staff still remembered me singing my way out through the waiting room to the car.

13 years ago an ex-boyfriend woke up fron general anesthetic and asked me if he could sniff my panties. Fortunately, he was whispering and there was no one else around to hear it.

When my DH woke up from a colonoscopy, the attending nurses told him to let go of the gas. He didn't remember them telling him it was OK, and in slured speach kept telling me he had to toot but couldn't do it cause the nurses would hear him.

Omg, all of these stories are hilarious!

I haven't been banded yet, but I remember once when I was getting my wisdom teeth taken out. They had given me the laughing gas, and they were putting an IV in my hand so that they could give me the anesthetic.

I remember watching them stick a needle in my hand (GROSS), and slurring my speech, telling the Doctor "you'd better be glad you gave me that laughing gas, otherwise I'd kick your ass for stickin that needle in my hand".

lol