Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded on 4/27. I have lost 33 lbs but I have been stuck for the last 3-4 weeks. I had my 2nd fill which put me at 3.5cc. At first I could tell a difference buy now I feel like I'm hungrier than before. I haven't lost anything since my fill at the beginning of this month. I do eat some food I prob shouldn't like wheat thins, or a few fries but not enough to stall me I wouldn't think. Hell I can't eat that much!!!! Im trying to take it slow with my fills bc I live 2 hours away from my dr so I don't want to have to drive back for an unfill but I am starting to get discouraged. I am 3 months post op and this for sure can't be all the weight I'm gonna lose.

I am in the same boat i lost 22 lbs before surgery and then i gained like 2lbs before i got my forst fill bc it took my dr 2 months to do it! But after my fill which i got july 2 i have only lost 2 lbs. I can eat most days alittle more then a cup but i dont eat a lot. Sometimea when i attempt to eat like just now (bc its morning) i took two bites and I'm too tight right now to even eat. So its not like I'm eating too much. I havent been able to really excersize since but i do try to get in some walking at work. I'm assuming thats why I'm not really going anywherw

It also could be an issue of not enough calories. I just had my post op visit yesterday and read through all the information provided for moving on to real food. ONe of the factors in slowing weight loss can be not getting in enough calories! Make sure you are counting always....

And definitely exercise too!

Sometimes your body needs change....especially when you've reached a plateua. Try switching up what you've been eating with a big twist. For instance, I used to eat the same thing for Breakfast, lunch and dinner (with a little variation of course) everyday, and then i realized I hit a plateau....I just switched up my routine and started to see some weight come off. Also, are you exercising? Remember, the band is just a tool. It has helped you lose 33lbs so far, so it's obviouly worked thus far. But remember, once you start losing weight, your body requires less and less calories to maintain and even less to lose. So if you are still eating the same amount, but not burning any, that's probably why youre at a plateau. Trying incorporating some sort of work out routine a couple of times a week. Even the simplest things can burn calories and help. Do sit ups, crunches, walk, jog, etc. Anything that would make you burn more than you usually would, would help. Hang in there... you'll have ups and downs with your journey, but keep your head up! :)

It also could be an issue of not enough calories. I just had my post op visit yesterday and read through all the information provided for moving on to real food. ONe of the factors in slowing weight loss can be not getting in enough calories! Make sure you are counting always....

And definitely exercise too!

She is right....on the flip side of what I said initially, if you're not eating ENOUGH, that could be why too. I try to force myself to eat small amounts at least 5x a day to keep my metabolism going. Breakfast 8am snack 11 lunch 1sh Snack 3-4ish dinner 5-6ish and I try REALLY hard NOT to eat past 8, even though I do get a craving now and then ;) Which I've found when I do get a craving for something in the evening, a 1/2 cup of healthy Cereal (like Special K or Kashi) w/fat free, lactose free, organic milk ....usually does the trick.

A couple things,

-Do you keep your meals to 1 cup or less total? If not, this is definitely a good place to start.

-Do you log your food and count calories? If not, this is an excellent way to see exactly what you're eating and what you need to change. Most people who don't count calories are shocked when they do and realize how much they're really eating.

-Have you seen a nutritionist? If not, I would definitely make doing so a priority. They can help you establish guidelines for successful weight loss

Most people need numerous fills before they have good restriction, hang in there and stick to your fill schedule. Best wishes.

I was banded 5/16 i lost 20lbs 1st week and 7lbs during 2nd and 3rd week i havent lost a pound since!! I stay the same no gaining no losing i follow my diet about 1000 calories a day and i have 3cc in my band this is really frustrating!! I really dont think this surgery is worth the money it cost seems like a hassle anyone could lose 27lbs without surgery!

I don't log my calories everyday and I'm not super strict with my diet. If I want something I just have a few bites. Obviously I've never been able to stick to a strict diet. I do measure my food and I'd be surprised if I am able to even eat a full cup of food. I could step up my exercising. I do find it hard to get all my Protein in bc I can't eat that much so I feel like I would have to constantly eat to reach my daily protein goal. Everything has been going so great and a lot smoother than I ever thought so I guess I'm just scared that this ride is over and I'll have to do it on my own from now on.

One thing that my trainer as well as my nutritionist pointed out is that after you have a workout, make sure you get a little bit of Protein ( shake , bar, etc) within the hour after exercising. It helps with weight loss and muscle repair. I have found out that I slow down on the scale when I don't get enough calories in to compensate for the amount of exercise. I log in all of my food and try to stay under 1000 a day; however, if I have an extremely strenuous workout, then I will add an extra Protein Bar. This seems to help keep the loss consistent, even if it is slower than I would like. Instead of the scale, try to focus on the loss of inches.

I don't log my calories everyday and I'm not super strict with my diet. If I want something I just have a few bites. Obviously I've never been able to stick to a strict diet. I do measure my food and I'd be surprised if I am able to even eat a full cup of food. I could step up my exercising. I do find it hard to get all my Protein in bc I can't eat that much so I feel like I would have to constantly eat to reach my daily Protein goal. Everything has been going so great and a lot smoother than I ever thought so I guess I'm just scared that this ride is over and I'll have to do it on my own from now on.

I would suggest counting calories for a couple weeks at least, this way you can see exactly how much you're actually getting in. People who don't count calories and stop losing are usually very shocked at how much they're really consuming once they start counting. I use an android app called Lose It to log my food, it makes it extremely easy.

You don't have to be super strict with your diet, but you do have to make good food choices a way of life. Even if you're having less than a cup of food per meal, if it's high calories and fat, you still won't lose. This is another reason logging your food awhile will help, so you can see what needs to be changed.

I would also highly recommend seeing a nutritionist. They help so much.

Best wishes.

You dont mention any exercise, are you doing anything like zumba, biking, running etc ?? I was banded last December, im down 46 lbs and its been slow but steady because of exercising ( Swim fitness class ) 3x a week plus occasional walking. Made a huge difference in my weight loss, and watching my clothes get looser and looser did wonders for my self esteem too. also , i temporarily reached the green zone at my 3rd fill, then it went away after about 2 weeks. The nurse said this was normal, sometimes the saline settles in the nooks and crannys. So i had a 4th, and a 5th and finally hit the green zone again on the 6th fill for about 4 weeks. Now im due for my 7th fill next week. You may or may not have these same issues but stick with it ! The band DOES work ! Talk to your Dr if you're still not getting anywhere in a few weeks . Good luck !

One thing that might be a problem is the few bites. Sometimes it is easy to take in a lot without realizing it. I tended to sneak abite here and there. When I added it up it was a lot more than I thought. Take it a day at a time.

She is right....on the flip side of what I said initially, if you're not eating ENOUGH, that could be why too. I try to force myself to eat small amounts at least 5x a day to keep my metabolism going. Breakfast 8am snack 11 lunch 1sh Snack 3-4ish dinner 5-6ish and I try REALLY hard NOT to eat past 8, even though I do get a craving now and then ;) Which I've found when I do get a craving for something in the evening, a 1/2 cup of healthy Cereal (like Special K or Kashi) w/fat free, lactose free, organic milk ....usually does the trick.

Thanks for the tips. I'm feeling discouraged too. I've only lost 17lbs since having lapband w/plication on May8th. But I too have not been good about getting all my calories in and I've been off my food plan too. To make things worse I'm traveling for work next week (1st time since I had surgery). Thinking about going on a 5-day juice fast to reboot my system when I get back.

Any thoughts???

Just remember that it takes burning an additional 3500 calories to lose 1 lb. --- that's a lot! Keep in mind you probably have a slow metabolism to begin with. Losing 6-8 lbs per month is actually very good with the band. not sure what you were expecting. I started at 250 (5.6") and lost 50 the first year. That's like 1 lb a week. That's normal. It also depends how much you have to lose and how active you are.

The slower you lose, the less hanging skin you will have.

I hit 2 major plateaus and exercise hit me through both - once at 217 and once at 190 lbs. I am now at 177. I fully expect every 35 lbs to hit a plateau. Don't freak out if you don't lose for 3 weeks. On the other hand, you might just need a regular fill to get to the right place. Don't avoid it. Fills are your friend.

Don't forget to keep up your Water in take and make sure you are getting plenty of fibre. The healthier your kidneys and liver are the easier it will be to lose weight. The other thing is if you are going to snack go for ruffage or salsa with veggies. Your matabolism will respond to you eating more often but you won't have the calories. These are just ideas but logging everything so you know exactly what you are doing in terms of input and output. Hang in there. Everybody is different. PS I totally love these forums. I'm only a few weeks in and I feel so supported by all my lappy friends.