Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long post op did people start to notice weight coming off of you?

I know we are all different, but I figured this would be a positive topic :)

Banded 7/5/2012 :)

That's a tough question since we all lose weight at different paces. And, some of us have mondo lbs to lose so the first 50 may go unnoticed.

I guess I never paid attention to what others said, but for me, I noticed after I had lost 26 lbs.

My best friend told me he thought I still looked like I had a big gut and thought it would be gone by now. A-Hole! But that's what guys say to each other.

tmf

tmf..........your name fits you!!! :D

You can definitely see the weight loss in my comparison photos, but my coworkers have not commented (most likely because we wear very ill fitting uniforms!). My family/friends have definitely noticed. I think people also don't want to be rude and mention it.

people started to notice and compliment after ive lost 27 pounds.

well my co-workers and hub see me (every day) so i would assume its hard to tell. but his friends (who is doing my stone tile floor) commented to my hub that i have (lost weight). i cant see it myself when i look in the mirror but can notice it via the clothes i am wearing (looser/not as tight). and that is good enough for me.

i say they will notice soon enough. it will happen :)

I'd lost 35 pounds before anyone who didn't know I was dieting ever noticed. And then about five more pounds before anyone else has said anything. I only had 72 to lose to get to my goal weight, so I am over halfway there and only two people have said anything. Of course the people that know I'm banded or dieting are constantly going on about how much I've lost.

Thanks for posting this question...it has been something I have also wondered about. I was banded on 4/26 and have lost 35 pounds (13 of those as a result of being sick with pneumonia). Only one of my friends has commented...but she was one who I talked with as I was thinking about embarking on this journey. My husband hasn't even commented--which is a whole different matter.

I am a teacher so I haven't seen my co-workers since school was out the first of June. I am hoping that at least one person says something when we go back in about a month--by then I should have lost 40 pounds and am definately wearing smaller sizes.

It so so frustrating when those around you don't say anything. I know that I haven't told anyone (except those closest to me) about my surgery...but come one...we all know how difficult it is to lose even 10 pounds and a little compliment makes the journey a bit easier.

I think this is a hard topic esp. for coworkers. If they don't comment on your weight gain they may not comment on weight loss. They don't want to come across as inferring "Ya know you were fat before and you've lost a little". I met a former coworker for lunch after surgery. I had lost about 70 pounds since I had last seen him. He did not say A WORD! My other friend who knew I'd had surgery brought up my loss (but not surgery).

My family noticed at 20 and coworkers started commenting just recently when I lost over 30 lb mark. It is fun!

i've lost 34 and most people haven't noticed... or at least haven't said anything. my hubby and my parents have noticed and a couple other friends. i notice because of my clothes being bigger and some clothes that didn't fit, now fit. i think the more you have to lose, the less you notice until its a lot. i'm not going to lie, its a little disappointing when you haven't seen friends in a few weeks, and they dont say anything when they see you... but, eh, what are you gonna do? eventually they'll notice ;) meanwhile, our job is to lose lose lose :) lol

I'm being banded today, but have lost 38lbs pre-op and ppl have noticed already so that has been nice! But I think in about 20 more lbs it will be noticeable to many more. I work in a nursing home with all women, and they all know I'm doing this so they look or it, and comment a lot! I love the compliments! And have inspired others to consider surg :)

Im finding that the scale isn't moving but my clothes are starting to losen up ;)

Anyone else experiencing this?

Banded 7/5/2012 :)

I'm being banded today, but have lost 38lbs pre-op and ppl have noticed already so that has been nice! But I think in about 20 more lbs it will be noticeable to many more. I work in a nursing home with all women, and they all know I'm doing this so they look or it, and comment a lot! I love the compliments! And have inspired others to consider surg :)

thats great!

and will say a prayer for you... you're being banded today!! best of luck!!