Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I just had my surgery about 2 weeks ago and and since lost about 12 pounds. However, I have been stuck on this number and it is not going down any further. I have also started my mushies but I also found out that i had no restriction at all. I knew this because i kept getting hungry. Pleas tell me it will all get better as i am really begining to panic. I dont want to have gone through everything just to only lose 12lbs.

Note: I have not started working out yet until after post-op which is on tuesday.

Congrats to you!! I just came from my first fill and the doc told me that losing 10 lbs since surgery is a great thing, but the lapband is a slower process. Their target for me is to lose 6-8 lbs per 4 weeks!! You are doing great, just keep up the good work!!!!!

Most people dont feel any restriction from their band till they have a few fills under their belt. This is perfectly normal, its called 'bandster hell' as all u can rely on till u start to feel some restriction is your own willpower, there are many many threads on this topic so u arent alone everyone goes through it. be patient, this time post op is for healing and learning to eat and following your doctors guidelines, u may even put on a few lbs when u start eating normally. U can start exercising once u get the all clear from your surgeon, then its up to you till u get into your green zeon/restriction .. dont worry its an anxious time but normally all works out in the end .. :)

this is a slow journey, for the long haul. try not to worry about the numbers so much, and worry instead on healing, getting used to eating again, etc.

The same thing happened to me. I lost 12 in my first week. Then nothing for 3 weeks! I was so mad and upset. However, on the fourth week, the weight loss started again. At each fill I started losing more. I then consistantly have lost 2 or more pounds a week. You are in the phase reffered to as "bandster hell". When you eat mussies again, the weight loss stops. It is slow or non existant until you get closer and closer to green zone. Try to be patient, try to follow the rules as best you can, and put the scale away for a little while. Only weight at Dr appts until you get closer to green zone.

However, I know exactly how you feel. But now I am 2.5 months out and 30 - 25 pounds down. Not as fast as others but I am happy b/c it has been steady (all except for week 2 - 3 post surgery).

Thank you very much guys. I am going to try and put away the scale and just choose a day during the week to weigh myself. i am putting everything i have got in this and hoping to lose HTN and DM for good.

The first 4-6 weeks post surgery are for healing, not losing. My best advice to you is to put away the scale at least until you are back on normal foods. In the meantime, just do your best to stick to band sized portions and making good food choices. The losing will come once you're all healed up.

Your band was likely put in empty or with very little saline in it at a best. Most people don't have restriction until at least a couple fills. Until then, most can eat just like they did before surgery. It's not easy but you're stuck white knuckling it through until you get a couple fills usually.

Best wishes.

I feel ya! Im at 12 lbs too 3 weeks post op. I'm hoping to get my first fill next week to get this show on the road. Eating small portions and trying not to snack in between is hard! Maybe a little fill will help some. If not, it's the first step to get there. Hang in there :)

Keep sipping fluids, constantly! You are doing great -= don't stress about the scale. The fluids will help while you strive for restriction and live through bandster hell!!!