Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band With Plication, Garlic Bread Made Me Sick!

I had bad with plication on 6-13-12, i dont no what happened but I'm afraid to eat anything! I had a half of piece of garlic bread last nite and it felt like it got stuck, maybe i ate it to fast, all i no is that i had pain and it came back up! I had not had a filling yet, so i didnt think i had any restrictions yet? So why did this happen to me? Any one have any idea?

It's not common, but some people do have restriction without a fill. Plus, you're going to have more restriction anyway because of the plication.

Tiny bites, chew the food to mush, and pause between bites. It's a learning experience but we all go through it :)

How crunchy was the garlic bread? If it was soft and "bready" that might be your problem. I can eat bread but some have trouble with it.

I had band with plication in may and we were told not to eat bread at all even small bites. Is this just another example of how different each doctors rules are, I have noticed some people do it bread with the band.

I've not had any bread since I've had my band in. Its only been two weeks, but I'm nervous to try. But, you have to try all kinds of foods to see what you can tolerate. Some people can eat bread, rice and all kinds of thing others can't touch.

Sometimes I can eat bread and sometimes I can't. I just have to take tiny bites, chew forever, and have enough time between bites to make sure it's going to work.

I had band with plication in may and we were told not to eat bread at all even small bites. Is this just another example of how different each doctors rules are, I have noticed some people do it bread with the band.

Can someone tell me what Plication means. I don't know if I am having that or not. Am getting banded on Thursday 19th.

Rita

I was told not to eat any white bread even before fill. I had surgery 6/14 and get my first fill next week. I have been stuck and had food come up too. I have to remember to take small bites and chew a lot!

Plication is like the sleeve, besides stapling the stomach and cutting it out, they tucked it inside it self and stitch it which makes the stomach between 50 and 75% smaller, it works together with the band for more weight loss, plus it keeps the band from slipping....my band is deflated, the plication along is working great for my weight loss, i can't eat much food at all! Im glad I done it!

sorry but what is PLICATION, i've never heard of that word??????????

sorry but what is PLICATION' date=' i've never heard of that word??????????[/quote']

Placation is when the dr. folds and sews stomach so it would be smaller. The stomach isn't cut off.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using LapBandTalk

I had bad with plication on 6-13-12, i dont no what happened but I'm afraid to eat anything! I had a half of piece of garlic bread last nite and it felt like it got stuck, maybe i ate it to fast, all i no is that i had pain and it came back up! I had not had a filling yet, so i didnt think i had any restrictions yet? So why did this happen to me? Any one have any idea?

i had restriction after my band... with no fill. i was losing weight, but the dr decided to put 3ccs in. i have an 11cc band. it can happen that there is restriction without fills. if you continue like this, you may not need a fill.

im wondering as well.... bread is so touchy with people. im four months post op now and can only very occasionally have a small piece of garlic bread soaked in garlic butter. then i have to be extremely careful. apart from that i dont eat bread at all.... i dont miss it either. did you take bigger mouthfuls than you should have? the size should be as small as your little fingernail. i know thats not very big but with food like bread you have no choice. as well as .... chew a lot, even though the bread seems to melt in your mouth. wait about thirty seconds before taking another bite. its not easy. one reason why i prefer to stay away from bread.

oooh ok got it, thanks!!!

bread is not one of the things you should probably eat after surgery....didn't your doctor have you on a jello/broth/liquid diet? You prob had restriction and as you get your fills you will def not be able to swallow bread/carbs.