Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ahhhhhhh It's Becoming Really Real

Well, just got the call and my insurance has approved my surgery!!!!! I'm scheduled for Aug. 23rd. It's very REAL now and I'm starting to get nervous, anxious, scared, and second guessing myself. Is this normal? Also, my dr. doesn't require the 2 week pre-op liquid diet but i think I'm going to do it for 1 week prior just to be on the safe side and also to get myself prepared for the liquid diet after.

Prayers and encouraging words are appreciated here!!!

Well, just got the call and my insurance has approved my surgery!!!!! I'm scheduled for Aug. 23rd. It's very REAL now and I'm starting to get nervous, anxious, scared, and second guessing myself. Is this normal? Also, my dr. doesn't require the 2 week pre-op liquid diet but i think I'm going to do it for 1 week prior just to be on the safe side and also to get myself prepared for the liquid diet after.

(((great news))) i know you will be a success :)

Totally normal. I went through a lot of mixed emotions before my surgery. After was quite emotional too for a week or so. After that I have not second guessed myself. Been very happy with the decision.

I feel the same way! I am scheduled for the 30th and just finished my pre-op lab work. I am nervous and anxious. Best of luck to you and congrats on the approval ;)

Yay! I too have mixed emotions, I remember telling myself that if my insurance approves my surgery then it it is meant to be! :D I am scheduled to be banded August 1st!

I have yet to read where people don't have pre op second guessing their choice to have this surgery, and post op asking themselves "what the h%^# have I done to myself?" I know that I did...but it lasted less than a day...so yes, it is totally normal to have these doubts and anxiety.

Try to remain in focus with your original reasons for wanting to have this surgery...and it's never too early to begin to look ahead and identify some basic goals for yourself. Having a band is very self empowering, and you are the one who will determine your success. Emotionally, we are going to be healthier if we have the insights into how much self determination we have in life.

Best wishes as your weight loss journey begins...

Missmobaby - congratulations I am so happy for you. Yep, we all had second (and third) thoughts. Not so much for me prior to surgery, But after - What the H___LL have I done? Well, that was 1 yr and 104 pounds ago. I only had second thoughts ( and some discomfort) for a few days. I would not go back to the old me for anything. Even on my bad days when my band feels really tight or I would really like to have a banana split with a pizza chaser..It was a decision that has probably saved my life or at least made it longer. I love this website and the support from everyone so when feeling down (or alone in this battle) sign-on..it really does help. Good luck and best wishes on that healthier you....

Melinda in Florida

My surgeon scheduled surgery for 11 days after my consult with him. All of the sudden, it felt very fast and very real. He also didn't require a liquid diet for me, but when I left his office for the consult I decided to cut down to 2 Protein Drinks a day and a healthy salad at night, then 5 days pre-op I went to just Protein drinks and Water. I was feeling so good the day before surgery I almost cancelled! I thought - I'm losing so good on my own right now, I can do this without surgery!! Then, logic set it, and I knew I couldn't maintain just protein drinks for the rest of my life. Besides being not the most healthy choice, I knew I would give into cravings, gain all of the weight back plus probably 10 lbs, and be back to my old, frustrated, overweight self. So I dove in head first, and have not regretted one day since surgery.

I never second guessed myself. Ever. Once I make a decision, I like a freight train, no plans of stopping.

What you're feeling is normal. It's an emotional rollercoaster at times. Surround yourself with positive people and keep your mind focused on your goal!

I was only required to be on a low-fat diet prior to surgery, but also chose to do a pseudo liquid with Protein drinks, yogurt, and a Protein Bar per day.

Like Sojourner my second-guessing lasted less than a day- I love my lapband, am so glad for my choice, my band, my success and my feeling so much better than I used to- emotionally and physically!! Good for you for making this important decision for your future!! Now, go get 'em!!

Nicki

Im still on an emotional rollercoaster, lol

Congratulations on the approval!!

If you had all the information required to make this decision, why second guess yourself now ??

I considered myself lucky because I learned of this website about a month after surgery and it was only a few months ago that I started reading post, commenting, etc.

I only followed my doctors orders and nobody elses. If something goes wrong or there is a complication he should be responsible because I did as I was told. Thats my only advised. There are a lot of different opinions here on how to do things but I suggest just listen to your doctor or you'll go crazy.

But nothing to worry about , good luck!

Missmobaby - congratulations I am so happy for you. Yep' date=' we all had second (and third) thoughts. Not so much for me prior to surgery, But after - What the H___LL have I done? Well, that was 1 yr and 104 pounds ago. I only had second thoughts ( and some discomfort) for a few days. I would not go back to the old me for anything. Even on my bad days when my band feels really tight or I would really like to have a banana split with a pizza chaser..It was a decision that has probably saved my life or at least made it longer. I love this website and the support from everyone so when feeling down (or alone in this battle) sign-on..it really does help. Good luck and best wishes on that healthier you....

Melinda in Florida[/quote']

:)