Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Bandsters....lets Here You....

Kim - I love my popcorn, but last night I air-popped some, about 2 cups, I sure enjoyed it! I will be careful not to eat it everyday & not more than that.

I'm still here, kind of took a weekend off from everything. Both girls went out of town over the weekend so it was a nice quiet break for us. My husband (after we watched the game) took me to bonefish grill for dinner. I had some amazing salmon but today am trying to eat the leftover and can't. Got stuck on what I think was the broccoli and now I can't eat anymore. :( Had maybe two bites. Does anyone have problems with broccoli, I didn't eat it at the restaurant and tried to today now I feel like I'm going to explode.

I'm hoping the break we have all had will get us back on track and help with the issues everyone is having.

Linda...been thinking about you and the fam...I'm sure the break WAS a good one - good timing, and all! Here's believing things will be looking up SOON and you can focus on YOU for a change!

Marie...I took my son to the COLTS game yesterday (hubby was pressed to get some critical yardwork done!)....of course he wanted McD's on the way there -- I did eat a FEW fries (tasted SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good!) -- but only a few!!

Then at the game, we share a popcorn and I had a couple sips of his Coke...I knew I was eating mindlessly so I just asked him to put the bag far from me and I quit. IT WAS NOT EASY...'movie' popcorn is soo yummy! But I stopped short of over-doing it....and didn't have any issues.

I ate some Cereal later on...

We usually park about a mile from Lucas Stadium...so it was approx 2 miles walk, plus the fact that our seats are in the bird's nest section...so by the time I got to row 14, my legs were BURNING. LOL Our seats are right on the stairway...so its kinda funny to watch others climb the stairs, to seats further up than ours...even skinny people are huffing and puffing by the time they get there! Makes me feel better - haha....

Linda...I don't know about the broccoli. I don't like the stuff, so can't help you there. Maybe just consider how much you are chewing?? I don't know.

We eat lots of fish...I'm not a fan of salmon, but we like cod, tilapia, flounder and Mahi...usually blackened and/or grilled. I usually fix some kind of flavored rice but do focus on getting the fish in foremost.

Today has been an "off" day...I think my period is on its way...I've been BLAH all day. Avoided going anywhere, but I've gotten quite a bit of "work" done today - working on the order of THANK YOU cards from our local HS music department. This is my 5th year of doing their cards...this year, an order of 37, so trying to knock those out ASAP....so my 'home-bound' day has been okay. I still want to take a nap but its almost 4pm...guess that won't be happening!

So, keep on keepin' on, everyone. Day by day...listening, learning and moving forward. We'll get there...and overnight is not a good option!! STEP-BY-STEP, right???

--Kim

Kim - I love my popcorn, but last night I air-popped some, about 2 cups, I sure enjoyed it! I will be careful not to eat it everyday & not more than that.

POPCORN?????? I can have popcorn? Oh happy day!!

Lindabug - were you trying to eat brocolli and salmon before or after the fill? If it was after your fill today, that was likely the problem. Most doctors advise you to be on liquids, then mushies after a fill as you are a bit "inflamed" from them messing w/ your band.

Also, as for popcorn... aside from airpopping your own. You can get bags of skinnypop popcorn (already popped) at the store. It is 39 calories per cup and YUMMY! Many people at the hospital's support group recommend it too. :)

Lindabug, I have tryed it but dont try anything if you were told not to. I would hate if you had a problem b/c of what I said. But i didnt have any problem with the popcorn, I ate one at a time & chewed it well.

A New Dawn, thanks for the recommendation on that popcorn, now where can you find that? Wal-Mart?

Kim, thats for sharing that you are having an "off" day. I thought it was only me until I found this group.

Marie

New Dawn, I went to Wal-Marts website & they do sell Skinnypop popcorn. Thanks so much.

Marie

No my fill was last Mon so it's been a week and I've been able to eat since about Thur, even ate the fish later so I'm thinking it must have been the broccoli.

I really haven't been told not to eat anything but everything must be done in moderation and slowly.

Epic fail on food today...I was a carb monster today....craved POTATOES like a fiend...stood and ate Lay's straight from the bag! In the pantry door...then, to add insult to injury, cooked up some onion in a spoonful of bacon drippings and chopped up a couple cold baked potatoes...southern fried potatoes...oh. Dear. Not good.

MADE myself go for a walk with my husband. Felt so icky all day and did NOT want to walk our 2-mile loop...but did it anyway. Didn't eat another thing...and hate that I gave in to that Carb Craze....oh well. It is a DAY. Not a week. Tomorrow will be better.

It's great to share info about band/diet-friendly products...keep it coming!

--Kim

A so-so start day, girls.

As I was making my DS12's lunch this morning, I helped myself to a banana bar my DH made last weekend...along w/ a few little swipes of cream cheese frosting. Honestly, it went down like a lump. So, I think I'm done for the day!

I also had one of my Protein Shakes w/ milk, so I'm up about 38g of Protein (of my min 50!) already this morning!! Determined I will not eat chips from the bag today!

Going to do a little shopping w/ my DH...have a great day, everyone!

--Kim

Kim, I also turn to carbs when I am hungry. Whats up with that! :( I have been stuck at this 248.6 lbs for a week, I know its because of carbs i shouldnt be eating. I love chips! I will be getting me some of the skinnypop popcorn, if I can find it here.

Marie...story of my life! Ate some again this evening, tho probably not as bad as yesterday. I do okay during the day but evening time is the most challenging. I just feel I am starving by then and cannot control any of it. Even my husband remarked how much I was eating!

Sure will be happy to get my next adjustment...but that's not until Oct 10! have any of you called to ASK for a fill? I just think I probably need greater restriction...? Any thoughts?

I know I am PMSing...pre-meno and all that (I am 50 y/o), and the munchies still hit me hard!

Got in my 2 mile walk...speaking of which, LINDA, how's it going with Leslie? I need to do a mile or two with her on top of my outside walk. Hope you are enjoying it!

Get good rest tonight...I will say that I am sleeping MUCH better since all this. And have not felt a need for my (generic) Ambien...just sleeping deeply on my own. I wake up early, but sleep soundly. How about you all? Noticing any changes there?

Anyway, look forward to hearing from you all...hoping you are feeling good, eating well and seeing the scale move in the right direction - even if it's slow!

--Kim

All is pretty good here in Washington. I am trying desperately hard to keep my calories under 1200. But that is just so hard. I did well at Breakfast and lunch but am famished tonight. I am hoping the scale is good to me tomorrow. Will let you know-