Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who Has Lost Over 100 Pounds?!?!

Congrats to both (all) of you!!

I just crossed the 250# mark...:bounce: and you are right kittykoo: the money doesn't seem like so much now! Carrying the lard was costing lots more!:faint:

Congratulations.......and keep up the good work. It seems that shedding these last 20 lbs is going to be as difficult as losing the first 120! I think that part of it is the fact that I am enjoying being almost "normal" size again, and am not dedicating myself to reaching my goal of 140 pounds. And factor in that my friends are telling me how nice my clothes look and that I don't need to lose any more weight. Wish I could re-program myself with the will and determination that I had when I was first banded. Any suggestions?

Best wishes..........kittykoo

Well kitty... this may not be helpful or encouraging but:

I'm sure you know as I do that once you reach your goal the EASY part is over:cry. The hard part will be maintaining all that normalness and the nice clothing compliments. As with all weightloss, keeping it off is the ultimate challenge. Anyone can lose weight; we've all done it lots of times. I am hoping that this period of losing will 'train' me for the future and I can relax and eat healthily without quite so much effort, but I expect I'll be watching my intake and fighting my lifetime habits of overeating till I go on that final 'the worms are eating my flesh diet'.:omg:

Just remember what you've been through and don't let it slip away. Stop thinking you've won the war... you have to keep those troops on the battlefield! You are the same strong woman you were when you started... keep using that strength! :clap2:

Just 20 more pounds and then 40 years of holding on to the good life. :bounce: We are going to keep you around for a while hehehehe.:heh:

WOW WOW WOW !!!!!!! I also have lost over 100lbs--banded 6/13/06. Hardly seems possible...doc told me going out that he expected a 60 pct loss of my excess weight in 2 years...only have 54lbs to go and have lost the 60pct in less than 14months. He really would have preferred to do gastric bypass...he does more of them...but I refused!!! My sister had gastric bypass and has had nothing but trouble...and a cousin who had the bypass has regained most of the weight he lost...and told me to have the bypass while he was sitting in the kitchen w/surgical drains hanging out of his body!! NOT appealing!! My only regret is not doing it sooner!! No longer take 18 pills a day!! .....then end is harder than the beginning!!! OLD habits die hard.....but the rewards are many!! (like 124/70 blood pressure instead of pills @ 240/160!!!) Thank G-d for the lapband and the doctors who install them and to all of you out there on the board who are a constant inspiration and "fall back" as to whats going on in the rest of the world--we get so involved in our own endevors, its nice to know we are not alone!!! THANX!!!

Well kitty... this may not be helpful or encouraging but:

I'm sure you know as I do that once you reach your goal the EASY part is over:cry. The hard part will be maintaining all that normalness and the nice clothing compliments. As with all weightloss, keeping it off is the ultimate challenge. Anyone can lose weight; we've all done it lots of times. I am hoping that this period of losing will 'train' me for the future and I can relax and eat healthily without quite so much effort, but I expect I'll be watching my intake and fighting my lifetime habits of overeating till I go on that final 'the worms are eating my flesh diet'.:omg:

Just remember what you've been through and don't let it slip away. Stop thinking you've won the war... you have to keep those troops on the battlefield! You are the same strong woman you were when you started... keep using that strength! :clap2:

Just 20 more pounds and then 40 years of holding on to the good life. :bounce: We are going to keep you around for a while hehehehe.:heh:

NO TRUE WORDS HAVE EVER BEEN SAID :clap2::clap2:

IMHO - THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH !!!!

IT'S NOT GETTING IT OFF BUT KEEPING IT OFF..

I'm in the same predicament.I've reached my goal and now have no motivation to keep on track.It's exhausting being at goal and still constantly having to be so careful of what we eat.I used all my energy to try to get to this point and have the mentality of "I could reward myself now" BUT I feel so bad when I do,like the MC D's ice cream cone,or the small bag of M&M's.I do watch what I eat still but my problem is the exercise,I have NO MOTIVATION to get out and get moving anymore.I know that I can go back to being obese,in a heartbeat cause I am still that fat person at heart so I need some kind of motivation! Like you,everyone is telling me how great I look and how I don't need to lose anymore weight.I tell them I'm trying to maintain which confuses them with trying to lose more weight! I'm now at 120 pounds,size 1 so to everyone I'm skinny enough.I myself just want to stay this size and not gain.

I have been lurking around this thread for almost a year. It seems unbelievable to me, but I almost get to post here....just a few more pounds and I will be shouting it from the rooftops! Thanks for the encouragement.

Victoria.

OT -- No loss to report-- Just want to take this opportunity to tell all of you how much encouragement I find when reading your success stories. (Well, maybe in OUR case, they are "chapters" in your success stories). Whatever we call them, by sharing your journey, it is easier for me to remember that I have been, and will again, be on the same journey.

I also apologize to all who have so kindly responded to my requests for assistance. I have been very remiss in not replying in a timely manner. I know that I seem to be most ungrateful, but I truly am not. Your messages of encouragement made me realize that most of my loss of motivation stems from the fact that I am coming to terms with the sudden death (six months ago), of my husband of 45 years. Your kind replies have helped me to realize that I haven't lost interest in my weight loss journey....it has just been put on hold until I get my life back in order. (In the movie The Brave One, Jodie Foster is asked

to explain how one recovers from a tragic event. She answers that you become a different person.) I have found this to be not only true, but necessary.

Maybe this post is one of my first baby steps to whatever life has in store for me............

Again, thanks to all.

connie

From the day I logged on this board I have been so hopeful to get to post on here that I finally made the 100 pound mark. I was banded on 2/27/07 and have now lost 102 I think.

:eek:

CONGRATS JONATHON!

WOW WOW WOW !!!!!!! I also have lost over 100lbs--banded 6/13/06. Hardly seems possible...doc told me going out that he expected a 60 pct loss of my excess weight in 2 years...only have 54lbs to go and have lost the 60pct in less than 14months. He really would have preferred to do gastric bypass...he does more of them...but I refused!!! My sister had gastric bypass and has had nothing but trouble...and a cousin who had the bypass has regained most of the weight he lost...and told me to have the bypass while he was sitting in the kitchen w/surgical drains hanging out of his body!! NOT appealing!! My only regret is not doing it sooner!! No longer take 18 pills a day!! .....then end is harder than the beginning!!! OLD habits die hard.....but the rewards are many!! (like 124/70 blood pressure instead of pills @ 240/160!!!) Thank G-d for the lapband and the doctors who install them and to all of you out there on the board who are a constant inspiration and "fall back" as to whats going on in the rest of the world--we get so involved in our own endevors, its nice to know we are not alone!!! THANX!!!

Sweet sounds like MY situation exactly! Mr Dr was not a fan of the band, I think I have made him a believer! :)

Yeah, after 22 months , I am now in the 100lbs be gone club. Only 14 lbs more to go to be at goal. I am glade that mine went slower then others. I think I may have had more head problems if they went to fast. I have been able to adjust as time went by.

121 Members of the LBT 100 Pound Club and Growing!!!

(or I should say shrinking ):)

I've been itching to post in this thread for months and now I can! As of this AM 101 pounds gone forever!!!!

I no longer have to see the thread title and wish I was there, I AM there!!

YEA ME!!!!!