Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Are You Doing For Exercise???

I am now at the point after surgery where the pain is very minimal and I can start doing some sort of exercise... I just don't know what to do??? I have been walking but to me that is soooo boring. I need something fun and enjoyable!!!

Any tips or workout routine would be helpful!!!!!!

I'm doing laps in pool and some light crunches on an excerices ball. Hoping to tone up the tummy so I can combat the loose skin.

I use youtube and netflix excersize videos on my TV. I also picked up gym equipment from garage sales. I was using my ball, but it no longer holds air. I also do some relaxation Yoga before going to bed. It truly is helping the sore muscles when i am finished with crosstrainer and eliptical.

I walk/jog 4+ miles every day. I keep it fun by changing up my route and taking my iPod along with me. Sometimes I'll take the dogs but 4 miles wipes them out for the rest of the day :) I also have an elliptical and treadmill at home for the rainy days (yes, here in the NW our summers are not always sunshine!!). I love doing the UFC Trainer game with the Kinect on Xbox. Kickboxing is a great cardio and fat burner.

I bought a recumbant bike and it is really working for me. I do 30-45 minutes almost every day. I DVR my favorite shows and watch TV while I'm doing it. I really like it. I am trying to mix it up with walking but the temperature has been in the triple digits here and it is just too too hot for walking. Exercising in the comfort of my own air conditioning is much more appealing. I pray you find something that you like.

I like to run/walk, meaning I walk and then pick landmarks along my path to "run to". I would love to one day become strong enough and in shape enough to run my entire route. However, in the meantime mixing running with walking has proved to be great exercise and everyday I push myself a little further. It also helps that my husband likes to exercise with me.

Love the idea of looking for exercise videos on netflixs! Great idea!

Currently I enjoy watching the seasons of The Biggest Loser that are on netflix...talk about motivation!!!

Mon- Water fitness....walk 3 miles evening

Tues- step up..... Stair climber 20 min

We'd

weight.png

Oops

Wed. Workout weights and incline treadmill 30 min

Thurs. step up....walk/jog 2 miles

Fri. Workout weights....stair climber

Sat- Water fitness after 6:30 am walk/jog 3 miles

Sun-walk jog 3 miles...8:30 pm weights

weight.png

I am now at the point after surgery where the pain is very minimal and I can start doing some sort of exercise... I just don't know what to do??? I have been walking but to me that is soooo boring. I need something fun and enjoyable!!!

Any tips or workout routine would be helpful!!!!!!

I get super bored walking or running most of the time, so I've found that listening to audiobooks and podcasts really passes the time and keeps my brain engaged.

On the other hand, walking to GET somewhere at least feels purposeful (and there can be nice scenery!) so I try to walk everywhere I can to try to sneak in some extra exercise. Especially if it is sunny and breezy! :D

Kickboxing mostly.

Occasionally a walk/jog

Occasionally elliptical

Starting biking a little bit.

Also a bootcamp class on Sundays

Also train with a trainer in train to failure one day per week. (Luckily, I think because we are now friends and she likes me she doesn't charge me..Bonus!)

Hello,

I use ps3 micheal jackson and zumba on ps3...then i got to the gym and do zumba and step classes after my docs appt weds i will be able to do my abs but the ps3 is so fun in your home plus you can rewind if need be good luck

I did my first Step class at Golds Gym today. I did the whole hour and fumbled through a few moves. But, overall I felt like this was a nice change up to weights,stairs, treadmill, and walking. I think I will go again.

weight.png

I bought some equipment from our local thrift shop and I joined Curves..its very low impact and easy. (30 minutes)

i do a Water fitness class 3x a week, and try to walk once a week. i did try a spinning class recently , it wasnt too bad ! The water fitness classes have been a huge reason im losing weight and inches. Banded last December, down 45 lbs and down from a size 18 to a 14. good luck !

I hired a personal trainer for twice/week one month after being banded. I'm now up to 3/week (2 1/2 years postop) and workout at least one other day/week. I do circuit training, heavy weight lifting, zumba, muay thai kickboxing and make my own routines up as well.

Find something you can do AND enjoy!

Hire a trainer if you can who has years of experience and credentials (ask what the credentials are as you can do a weekend class and be a certified personal trainer but really have no knowledge base).

Tanya in NY