Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just Can't Get My Energy Back From Surgery

If u fill something wrong get checked out. That happened to me and turned out I had a Vitamin D and B12 deficiency. U must ask specifically for that blood test. My primary did it. Everything was fine I had to take b12 an D3 for a while and then energy was back up. Turns out they didn't catch it before. No big deal

I was banded June 13th and was VERY tired in the beginning. I found a chewable B complex Vitamin which I take twice a day and that has helped. I also stopped buying the "instant breakfast" type smoothie drinks, and have switched to the powders that the weight lifters use - you can order from the Vitamin Shoppe, or get an GNC. They have more than just Protein - an array of Vitamins and minerals too. And I think that has helped. I also drink some of the Bolthouse farms smoothies - the ones that are high in protein - and they have fruit in them. You can get them at some of the supermarkets - Stop N Shop is one near me that has them. I'm still tired - probably because I'm up around 3 times a night to use the bathroom! Like everyone else says it passes.

I was pretty strong before surgery now I get winded just walking to the neighbor's house. I am so glad I found this conversation, I feel a little better, I'm eight days post op and still can do so little without getting exhausted.

Protein, protein, protein...make sure you are getting enough!!! And don't forget your vitamins...also, totally agree with taking it easy!!!

My doctor told me it will take at least 6 weeks to fully heal from the surgery, so give yourself som more time. I sleep a lot too.

I was banded 5 days ago, I still take 2 naps a day. I'm just trying to be able to enjoy resting while I'm still off work.

Make sure u are getting enough Protein, the more the better. Remember though your body can only deal with about 30-35 grams at a time. I agree with starting some exercise, it does help increase energy levels, of course following drs orders.

I'm so glad I found this site. I'm being banded on July 27th and everything I am reading is going to help me so much. I've even made a few notes to refer back on for after surg.

I'm not quite four weeks out, I have very little energy and was also wondering when the freaking swelling would go down? my stomach? OMG it's like I'm carrying twins!

Absolutely give yourself time to heal, but one thing I've learned is that exercise gives me energy. If I feel totally "blah" and don't want to move, I force myself to put on my running shoes and hit the pavement. Even if I only walk 2 miles, I feel SO much better afterwards. I usually have a burst of energy for a few hours then sleep so well at night.

I moved fast through my recovery though, went back to work on Post-Op Day 3 and started exercising after my 2 Week Post-Op visit with the surgeon. I can so easily talk myself out of exercise and into my pajamas, I knew I had to start soon and hit it hard or I wouldn't do it at all.

I'm 3 months post op and have been feeling fatigued, mildly dizzy when I stand. After lots of blood tests it seems the culprit is just dehydration. Im just not drinking enough. It's so hot here in the Midwest, that's not helping. I haven't started a structured exercise program either. :(

Good luck

I was banded June 13th and I just can't seem to get my energy back. I am on solid foods now however with that being said I am eating only fish and canned chicken (making chicken salad) and Protein shake for Breakfast or an egg and then cottage cheese for my other meal. I would like to start walking or exercising some but I just don't feel up to it' date=' all I want to do is sleep. Help![/quote']

Are you taking a Multivitamin? I chew 2 Flinstones a day....what my dr recommended. Also there is this stuff called emergen-c. They are little packets u put in 4 oz of Water and it's a little fizzy. It's All vitamins! It works great! I would usually use it the morning after I had a Benadryl .....to help pull me from that hazy slumber.....good luck

I was banded June 13th and was VERY tired in the beginning. I found a chewable B complex Vitamin which I take twice a day and that has helped. I also stopped buying the "instant breakfast" type smoothie drinks, and have switched to the powders that the weight lifters use - you can order from the Vitamin Shoppe, or get an GNC. They have more than just Protein - an array of Vitamins and minerals too. And I think that has helped. I also drink some of the Bolthouse farms smoothies - the ones that are high in protein - and they have fruit in them. You can get them at some of the supermarkets - Stop N Shop is one near me that has them. I'm still tired - probably because I'm up around 3 times a night to use the bathroom! Like everyone else says it passes.

i get very tired and rather dizzy as well... and im always up and down to the bathroom through the night. it really does cut into a good nights sleep. Im sure that i dont drink enough... i try though.

I'm 2 weeks out today from my surgery and though I am still sleeping a bit longer than usual. Its amazing how good I actually do feel. :D