Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 Months Post Op 3 Fills No Weight Loss Please Help

dquoiya, the fact you lost 90 pounds presurgery I think is a huge factor. I lost 100 pounds presurgery. I am a slow loser post op which I believe is because I was already living a pretty healthy live style. In order to lose you may need to shock you body by adding significantly more exercise. Pre surgery I was doing a hour of cardio and in the last couple months (since getting laid off) I've been trying to do 2 hours of cardio.

Have you been counting your calories/fat/carbs? Does your doctor have you meet with a nutritionist as part of your surgical program? Dont give up! 3 months isnt that long. i'm 4 months post op and i've lost 16 lbs. i WISH it were more ... but I have to take what I can get.

Thank you everyone. This was helpful. Cazzy becareful though because if you read my post I never once said that I did not want to exersize and did not want to do my part. I have lost 90lbs on my own pre lapband surgery' date=' I was simply asking for support and advise not a beat down.[/quote']

I am in a similar situation to you. I weighed 325 at top, lost 127 down to 198 through TOPS, kept it off for two years and then went back up to 242 after my Mom died. I had my surgery 6/5 but have not yet gotten a fill. I work out 6 hours a week at least and now the scale is stuck. I am down to 210 but I am working hard on my own to be there. So I am glad to be a losing buddy or offer you any encouragement I can. I go for my first full 7/16 I had to fight hard to get my surgery paid for

Glad you were able to get your surgery paid. Sorry about your Mom. That makes a sad and stressful situation which can certainly cause comfort food eating!! I had my surgery the 5/30. I had one fill the 26th - 3cs. I still have no feeling of restrictions so I am having a second fill on the 10th. I walk everyday, but nothing that strenuous. You sound like you are doing great. I have only lost 14lbs. so you are my hero!!! I guess I am not following the dietary guide like I should. We eat out so much. I have found that I do not crave sweets, fats, etc. I am eating a much healthier diet. I can wear some clothes that have been unwearable for awhile. But I still want to get more of this weight off. I guess I will buy a scale and start weighing - eating out less probably would be a big help. Good luck.

Everyone is different...some are slow ans steady losers, some lose fast in the beginning then taper off, and some are slow starters and then it starts falling off. I personally lost quickly for the first 3 months then nothing for 3 months. Since then very slow. I have lost 60 lbs overall in just over a yr. I did not really have good restriction until I got to 6.5 cc in 10 cc band. Wow that was an awakening! I exercise 5 days a week (running, p90x, strength training etc) and eat about 1200 calories a day. Still have 2 focus daily on getting enough Protein. If it dips below 60 grams the scale doesn't move so make sure u r getting lots of protein. It will happen....hang in there and u can do it!

I myself am 8 months out. Running 3 x a week. Walking or class at the gym the other 4 days. Ran a 5k two weeks ago. Logging my food 800-1,200 calories. And yet I weigh the same from 2 weeks post op. I have 8.2 cc in 14 cc band. I'm loosing my hair even though I get 80-100 g Protein a day. Have had numerous blood tests to look for the cause of Hair loss, just had it drawn today. I attend support groups and have very supportive people in my life, just hard to not see the scale change. My clothes changed the first few months. The doctor just tells me that I may still not be in the "green zone". I too was self pay. Hoping to see a change soon. Got a fill last week and think maybe I could still get more.

Do you take Biotin? I take it daily. I took it prior to having the surgery. If you don't get some. It is for your hair and nails. I think I take 2500mg daily. It is a small pill so easy to get down. I guess I need to exercise more. The rest of you are making me feel lazy!!

Dox, are you taking mg or mcg of Biotin because I've been on 10 mg since before surgery plus I take a liquid silica.

Hey...when u get a fill u should be on liquids for a few days after this adjusts ur appetite and you will get used to not eating in the morning until 10 and then having just a light lunch and dinner. I've had it for 5 years and u gotta cut down u shouldn't feel hungry check how much saline I have in ur fill

I myself am 8 months out. Running 3 x a week. Walking or class at the gym the other 4 days. Ran a 5k two weeks ago. Logging my food 800-1' date='200 calories. And yet I weigh the same from 2 weeks post op. I have 8.2 cc in 14 cc band. I'm loosing my hair even though I get 80-100 g Protein a day. Have had numerous blood tests to look for the cause of Hair loss, just had it drawn today. I attend support groups and have very supportive people in my life, just hard to not see the scale change. My clothes changed the first few months. The doctor just tells me that I may still not be in the "green zone". I too was self pay. Hoping to see a change soon. Got a fill last week and think maybe I could still get more.[/quote']

Stephanie

I am sorry you are working so hard and not seeing the results you want. You must be in better shape with all of the exercise you are doing. I am realizing how few calories I need to lose . It seems without a fill I am only able to lose at about 900 calories. So keep it up and you should find your sweet spot

Thank you everyone. This was helpful. Cazzy becareful though because if you read my post I never once said that I did not want to exersize and did not want to do my part. I have lost 90lbs on my own pre lapband surgery' date=' I was simply asking for support and advise not a beat down.[/quote']

I agree with Cazzy.I don't think it's a beat down.I thought her info was straightforward.Everybody here wants you (and us ) to succeed.But most people on here still have exercise and/ or eat salads.

Actually I have been one of the " lucky ones " so far.But I see that is not normal.But it seems you already know that this is bandsters hell.

My advice would be to

1.get checked for leaks

2.protein first,then veggies/ salad then carb

3. Change up ur exercise routine.

Good Luck !

Stephanie - The Biotin I am taking is 5000mcg. It is super potency from Natures Bounty. It is rapid release liquid softgel. Dox

I am in a similar situation to you. I weighed 325 at top' date=' lost 127 down to 198 through TOPS, kept it off for two years and then went back up to 242 after my Mom died. I had my surgery 6/5 but have not yet gotten a fill. I work out 6 hours a week at least and now the scale is stuck. I am down to 210 but I am working hard on my own to be there. So I am glad to be a losing buddy or offer you any encouragement I can. I go for my first full 7/16 I had to fight hard to get my surgery paid for[/quote']

I hope you do well! I bet it's hard to lose some so special.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using LapBandTalk

I'm 4 1/2 months out and just starting to lose have had 3 fills wish someone would have explained it a little better to me so I could have been prepared for the long wait so I would have know it was normal but good luck to you I'm in your boat we will make it

I agree with your post. I felt like I was very educated about the lap band process. But, I did NOT understand that it was going to take 4 to 6 months to get to restriction. My doctor is VERY conservative and will only fill every 6 weeks. I had surgery on April 9th (he put nothing in the band during surgery, which I was unaware of); my first fill was on June 6th (he only put in 3 ccs) and I have NO restriction and the will power is fading FAST. I did join a gym and I am giving it the ole' college try. I feel like I am doing all of this on my own and will be glad when this band starts to do its part! WHEW

That's why I barely post! And when u dont post, u feel alone!! I too am in your situation! Sucks!!! I am praying my 2nd full will cause some restriction! Now I'm starting to lose hair!! I'm not losing so how the hell am I losing hair??? Ughhhh!!!!! Maybe we can start our own group called struggling support with no judgement!