Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I had my surgery 5 days ago and I am having hunger pains. I've been reading about all of you not having any and I'm so confused and so hungry.

I dont understand where does it say 'all' of us never felt hungry post -op ?

This time post -op is for healing, follow your doctors guidelines over what to eat and when and u will heal fine, but being hungry is part of the healing process, i would say that most of the people felt hungry post -op except for a lucky few that felt some restriction when they awoke from surgery.

Be patient and give yourself time to heal, untill u maybe start getting a few fills u may very well feel hungry till then, some actually do gain a small amount of weight. If u dont want to gain weight when u are back on solid food u may need to restrict what u eat and start exercising. This is why this period is called bandster hell, u have a band but little or no restriction. I would suggest u discuss how u are feeling with your doctor when u return to see him and maybe see a nutritionist too.

Please try to only eat what the doc says you can and when. Heal first, if it's full liquid and you can have popciles or creamy Soups they help a lot. It was taking me almost all day to get down my Protein Shakes the first week. I was sipping all day long. I don't think I got hungry because it took so long to do the shake and Water throughout the day.

This good to know, I'll be banded in August and I thought you didn't get hungry directly after surgery. Trying to mentally prepare.

It is important to remember that all of our bodies are different. Hang in there and just keep drinking.

I dont understand where does it say 'all' of us never felt hungry post -op ?

This time post -op is for healing, follow your doctors guidelines over what to eat and when and u will heal fine, but being hungry is part of the healing process, i would say that most of the people felt hungry post -op except for a lucky few that felt some restriction when they awoke from surgery.

Be patient and give yourself time to heal, untill u maybe start getting a few fills u may very well feel hungry till then, some actually do gain a small amount of weight. If u dont want to gain weight when u are back on solid food u may need to restrict what u eat and start exercising. This is why this period is called bandster hell, u have a band but little or no restriction. I would suggest u discuss how u are feeling with your doctor when u return to see him and maybe see a nutritionist too.

good advice just be patient i am sure eventually u ill get the restriction u need and want.

I was hungry after surgery too. Low fat cream based Soup was the answer for me. You'll do great, hang in there. It's confusing at first but it will work out as time goes on. Good luck!

Thanks guys. I needed the pep talks. I know it'll get better soon. I was just getting kinda down and I've been driving myself a little crazy lol

So I had my surgery 5 days ago and I am having hunger pains. I've been reading about all of you not having any and I'm so confused and so hungry.

I had my surgery 6/25/12 and I am very hungry as well. Still on Protein shakes. I can go about 2 1/2 - 3 hours between Protein Shakes. This morning I drank one and still hungry. I have lost 8 lbs in a week. Yesterday it was only around 5.5 today 8 lbs. I was shocked, but so happy at least I am losing weight which is the goal. I am waiting for when we get filled and can start eating food. Hang in there