Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well its been a while and I am back and starting again:

Had the lapband done back in 12/2005. Weight was at 320 lbs. I was doing very well. Working out everyday and watching what I was eating. Got down to 268 lbs 4-17-06. Over the years just let myself go. Just got back from NYC visiting my family. All I can say I need to do this. Need to get down to 250 lbs. My goal is 200 lbs.

Today I weighted in at 315 lbs.... suks...

Need to make an appt to get my band tighten!

Preview Highest weight: 11/12/04-@ 362 lbs

Band date/weight= Dec 13, 05/ 320 lbs

Lowest weight: 268 lbs- 4/17/06

11-11-09 345 lbs ( First DR visit since 8/5/08)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Restart: 6-19-2012 @ 315 Lbs

Joe,

I'm back from 2007. I have my own set of reasons why I failed my Band and Myself ( see "My Story" on my profile). I don't remember my surgery weight, but my peak weight was 362, I weighed myself three weeks ago at 334 but am not sure what I weigh now. I'm going to my gym again tomorrow, so I'll weigh in again.

I hope you are able to be successful once again! I can probably relate to you in a few ways, go ahead and ask, I'm an open book, if you wanna talk. It sucks royally to have to start all over again, but it can be done!

The BEST of my BEST wishes to you in your recovery. It was very brave of you to post, btw. :D

Best wishes to both of you, it takes courage to face our demons in this life.

glad to hear that you want to give it a go again! keep posting for support!!

Welcome back! We have our times when we get off track!

cheri

Thanks Everyone...

Well minus 1 lbs this AM so thats good. I expected the loss since I got back from NYC and not eating what I have been eating.

NYC has great food!

welcome back to those of you who fell off the bandwagon for a while..

can i ask you .. did u continue to weigh yourself ?

and did you continue to see your surgeon ?

I know the minute i stop weighing myself i am back into denial so everyday without fail i have to weigh myself .. i am not obsessed with it but have learned from past mistakes, not weighing myself led to me being 400 lbs and being in total shock, now my weight is never a shock to me. I also think that keeping appointments with the doctor is like having being made to be accountable to someone like our band doctor, and having a boundary in order to face up to what u are doing if u arent following the healthy eating plans. Most of us got to where we are by burying our heads in the sand and not being held accountable for our eating and food choices, in my opinion its essential for most of us that we follow what measures we can to monitor what we are up so we can no longer ignore the way we are ..

good luck to you :)

Hi Cazzy

Did u continue to weigh yourself ? Yes - I weight in every morning and around the same time.

Did you continue to see your surgeon ? No. I should have kept my appts and keeped going to see him.

welcome back to those of you who fell off the bandwagon for a while..

can i ask you .. did u continue to weigh yourself ?

and did you continue to see your surgeon ?

I know the minute i stop weighing myself i am back into denial so everyday without fail i have to weigh myself .. i am not obsessed with it but have learned from past mistakes, not weighing myself led to me being 400 lbs and being in total shock, now my weight is never a shock to me. I also think that keeping appointments with the doctor is like having being made to be accountable to someone like our band doctor, and having a boundary in order to face up to what u are doing if u arent following the healthy eating plans. Most of us got to where we are by burying our heads in the sand and not being held accountable for our eating and food choices, in my opinion its essential for most of us that we follow what measures we can to monitor what we are up so we can no longer ignore the way we are ..

good luck to you :)

Thanks for the Welcome!

After I gave up on my band, I weighed myself sporadically as I gained and lost but ultimately gained. I experienced many shocking moments (like you mentioned) as I stepped on the scale and saw that I gained, again. So I stopped. I don't know about weighing myself every day, after I get re-filled. I mean, the suspense just kills me as I lose weight but am not sure if I would do it every day. Maybe once or twice a week, at my gym. My scale at home has multiple personalities, as it gives you a different weight each time, so weighing at home is not a good option. I just don't want to be upset if I gain a pound or not lose, so I guess it'd have to be one or two, maybe three times a week.

I see what you mean about the "good" feeling of being accountable to your surgeon when it comes to eating and what you eat. Personally, I need that, but don't want to have to need that forever. While I work with my training wheels I'll "ride along" with my surgeon and dietician, but would ultimately like to "ride without the training wheels" further down the road. Meaning, I'd like to learn how to be accountable to myself. But for now, I need my dietician! The structure is very necessary for me to discipline myself as well. I hate journalling my foods, but it is a necessary thing for me, if I want success. And it forces me to be honest both with myself and with my dietician.

Oh yea, no I stopped seeing my surgeon because of shame and disgust with myself and the whole thing. I was not ready when I was banded. I see people on this site that are not ready, or are not understanding what they've done and what to expect. I had plenty of time and therapy to figure out why I failed the band, so I have some knowledge. I can't wait till I get filled again (I left my surgeon after he completely unfilled me) and start over!

I think u both stand a chance of making it work this time and i wish you every success. I use the scales as a tool like the band, if i put on a 1lb overnight that is my motivation to work harder the next day to get it off, we all react differently and there is no right or wrong in this its all about .. what works for you .. i am in maintenace mode now so i am accountable to myself ..

I got rid of all my large clothes and i never want to keep items that are just incase any more .. i cant afford to gain weight and have to buy new clothes again so now i have to maintain my weight .. i cant say its easy but its nice to have the pressure off for losing weight and to allowing yourself to eat a few more of the foods you have done without .

I saw someone on here had a signature that said something like 'dont dig your own grave with a knife and fork' .. how true is that :)

I think u both stand a chance of making it work this time and i wish you every success. I use the scales as a tool like the band, if i put on a 1lb overnight that is my motivation to work harder the next day to get it off, we all react differently and there is no right or wrong in this its all about .. what works for you .. i am in maintenace mode now so i am accountable to myself ..

I got rid of all my large clothes and i never want to keep items that are just incase any more .. i cant afford to gain weight and have to buy new clothes again so now i have to maintain my weight .. i cant say its easy but its nice to have the pressure off for losing weight and to allowing yourself to eat a few more of the foods you have done without .

I saw someone on here had a signature that said something like 'dont dig your own grave with a knife and fork' .. how true is that :)

Cazzy,

Ooooh, you've been a Good Girl haven't you! I see that not only have you lost a lot of weight, but you're at goal! Major kudo's to you! :D :D :D I say, whatever you're doing...keep doing it!

So you're riding your bike all by yourself, wow. You give me SO much hope! I agree with you that you should do whatever works for you, as long as it works, right?

I have a closet full of jeans that I wore when I was lighter. I hang my head in embarassment, but I really, really want to be able to fit them again. And it wouldn't take a miracle, just hard work. Besides, jeans are so expensive in plus sizes, one less thing I have to buy.

I hope to achieve the success you have one day. (year)....Again, Congratulations!

P.S. I was going to have that same signature put on my post's! How odd that you quoted it. And it's so true.

Well its only been a few days since statring over and coming back from vacation -down 4 lbs. Fridays will be my offical weight in. Would like to get to 309 for next Friday.

Joe, you are an inspiration. I too have fought my weight "demons" for a long time and the hardest thing is to get back up after you fall. Be happy for every small victory, and every single lb lost. I have no doubt you will reach your goals!