Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded on May 29th started working out June 7th up to 45 min on treadmill walking at a pace of 3.2 5 days a week tomorrow I get weighed and I get to start solid foods tomorrow. What are your work outs?

Banded on June 5th back to working out June 14th at a step aerobics class ( without the step) I took my first step class today with a step and no risers yet.. I walked 1-2 miles a day the first post op week. I am anxious to get back into my Water aerobics class but can;t until all my steri strips start to peel ( per my surgeon) Frustrating!!

60 miles of cycling a week & 5 days of 20 minute intense workouts a week. The 20 minute workouts are designed around P90X type exercising. Rapid strength and aerobic exercising for 20 minutes gives me a metabolic boost for hours and into the next day.

The cycling is broken up into about 30-40 miles on weekends on a mountain bike, not a road bike. That's about 3.5 hours on weekends and then another 3-4 days midweek avging 40 minutes per ride.

Walking is fine and for post op patients it's about all one can do. But I'd recommend you mix it up after you heal. Your body will adjust to doing the same routine day after day and you will eventually only burn calories during your walks. That's why pushing yourself and your muscles with some strength routines give you a lasting calorie burner.

Oh, and I play racquetball once a week.

tmf

I was banded on 5/29/12 as well :-) :-)

I started walking about 11 days post op. I started at 1.5 miles and have built up to 3.5 to 4 miles a day 5 days a week. I will be pushing for 6 days this week. I also use 3 pound hand weights while walking too...but not every time. I worked out with light weights on my legs tonight.

I go for my 3 week check up and my first fill on Wesnesday. I'm hoping to get cleared to start jogging because I want to start the couch to 5k program and run a 5k in October.

I know this is optimistic, but I need goals to keep me focused and a buddy will help even more :-)

Good luck!!!