Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Powder/shakes With Little After Taste?

any recommendations for Protein Shakes or powders that have little after taste? that is my biggest problem (that and consistency i guess). I am getting banded in 3 weeks and really need to work this out. any suggestions or ways to get sampler packets of Protein powders/shakes would be so helpful!!!

thanks!

also Vitamins that people use that are best? i need to take a Multivitamin and Calcium and would like to add fish oil but i have not liekd any of the liquid ones i have tried. suggestions for how to take it or brands that taste better would be appreciated!

For premade Premier brand (which advertises on the site is quite good. Available at costco and Sam's. For Vitamins my doctor says to look for Choline in the multi. I take the store brand version of Flintstone chewables from Costco. I also take Caltrate Plus D chewable for Calcium, Vitafusion gummies Fiber and Vitafusion Gummy Vitamin D, Biotin 5,000 mg (tick tack size capsule), and Iron 65 mg. Since my doctor recommends stuff from regular stores I don't really see the need to buy expensive bariatric vitamins. After all thin people take regular vitamins.

Thank for the hints, my surgery is going to be on July 18 and I was wondering what would be a good store Protein shake. Somebody else in you tube recommended premier as well.

Thank you

I'll second the Premier shakes. I tried a bunch of powders: Syntrax nectar, unjury, JayRob and I couldn't stand any of them, I thought they all had a horrible aftertaste. The premier shakes don't have that aftertaste for me. I also like the EAS advantedge carb control shake in strawberry. It only has 17g of Protein, so not nearly as much as permier (30g) but they are good for a difference. I've found EAS at the grocery store, target etc.

As for Vitamins my doctor recommends 2 Flinstones chewables a day, so that's what I take. They don't taste as good as I remember though.

I have tried Unjury and Walmart brand and CVS of Protein Powder. I use low fat and latose free milk and fill with ice. I got the flavored "sugar free" carmel, hazelnut to add to my Protein Shake, you can find it at walmart about 2-3 a bottle. I also have unsweetend Coco powder and pumkin pie spice. I also add cinnamin to my shakes too. I will add a 1/2 pack of stevia to my shake mix and use defaf coffee. youtube has examples of bandsters with alot of good ideas-thats where I found most of my information. Good luck! :D

I have tried unjury and Walmart brand and CVS of Protein powder. I use low fat and latose free milk and fill with ice. I got the flavored "sugar free" carmel, hazelnut to add to my Protein shake, you can find it at walmart about 2-3 a bottle. I also have unsweetend Coco powder and pumkin pie spice. I also add cinnamin to my shakes too. I will add a 1/2 pack of stevia to my shake mix and use defaf coffee. youtube has examples of bandsters with alot of good ideas-thats where I found most of my information. Good luck! :D

my surgeons office recommended Unjury. do you have flavors that you use for these delicious sounding concoctions? or do you use the unflavored?

I have tried the Unjury "unflavored" choc and strawberry. I purchased the variety package from Unjury and then I picked what I liked. My friend got me the "cheese sauce" Protein but I have not tried it yet. Actually, what you mix with it will make it taste better but at the same time watch the calorie intake of the mixtures!

I love the banana and chocolate flavors made by Bariatic Advantage. Both can have flavors added to them---like Sugar Free Chocolate mint Syrup in the chocolate and Peanut Butter to the banana.

The shakes are not as good to me made with Water. I use skim milk. They have 27grams of Protein in one 8 oz shake. Some of the best numbers on the market!!! I also use VitaBand. The Vitamin made by Bariatric Advantage. My surgeons office sells the products so it's easy to pick up during a visit! I know they cost more but I have compared them to some of the others--/ you get what you pay for. I take one Vitamin A day-chewable watermelon flavor--- 180 in a bottle. That's a 3 months supply.

I am a fanatic about the protein! I have always been told I have beautiful hair and I don't want that to change :)

I have tried Body Fortress powders (Walmart), Pure Protein powders, Jay Robb (I only like orange dreamsicle, the others have a weird aftertaste), etc but I always come back to the pre-made Premier Nutrition chocolate shakes. I wouldn't sing their praises in terms of flavor (think watered down chocolate milk), but I can stomach them and they aren't terrible. I do sometimes add sugar free syrups or mix with fruits to change the taste up.

You could also go to a local Vitamin Shoppe (or other supplement store) and buy the sample packs. I know unjury and nectar Protein both sell sample packs online.

My surgeons office sells Prescript Fit and I prefer it over the others I tried. It is Egg protien and it is best mixed in a blender... It is smooth and creamy and thick and helps keep you full for several hours.

I have tried Body Fortress, Gladiator , GNC Lean shake and Muscle Milk.

The premade muscle milk are great if your in a hurry on the go.

Hope this helps. :-)

I like the Premier Protein pre-mixed shakes, you get them at costco. But honestly I find all Protein Drinks have a funny taste...unless you drink with a straw! I know many of us have been told not to, but I just sip slowly. It gets rid of whatever funny odor I'm smelling/tasting and helps it go down easier.