Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Acidophilus For Refux

Have had sever reflux at night and now I chew 2 acidophilus and 2 Tum it has helped a lot. nexium didn't help. I still every once in while still wake up with it but not much.

I am currently having the same problem. I just started new meds last week it has a little but hopeful that it will help more. I am still having night reflux. Do you have back pain when your reflux acts up?

No back pain but I choke and throat burn terrible it happens in middle of night. I tried everything raised head of bed , nexium increase, all the over counter Meds that use to work but don't now then I tried this with tums it works for me

I've also been struggling with nighttime (waking me up) acid reflux. It started after my last fill. Since I'm happy with my current restriction, I have been struggling to get it under control so I don't have to get my fill taken out. This is what I've been doing: taking Tums and Prilosec, propping myself up in bed, restricting my diet (no caffeine, no chocolate, no spicy foods, no cooked tomatoes, no onions, no milk, no cheese), changing my diet (I've added greek yogurt, bananas, almonds, ginger tea, and aloe vera juice), and I don't eat or drink anything at least three hours before bedtime. It is slowly getting better - frankly, I think that my band got really angry and irritated because I wasn't used to the new restriction so it took a while to get it under control. The most important "correction" for me was not to eat or drink anything for several hours before bed (even water). Even if I do everything else right, if I break this rule then I will have a miserable night.

I've also been struggling with nighttime (waking me up) acid reflux. It started after my last fill. Since I'm happy with my current restriction' date=' I have been struggling to get it under control so I don't have to get my fill taken out. This is what I've been doing: taking Tums and Prilosec, propping myself up in bed, restricting my diet (no caffeine, no chocolate, no spicy foods, no cooked tomatoes, no onions, no milk, no cheese), changing my diet (I've added greek yogurt, bananas, almonds, ginger tea, and aloe vera juice), and I don't eat or drink anything at least three hours before bedtime. It is slowly getting better - frankly, I think that my band got really angry and irritated because I wasn't used to the new restriction so it took a while to get it under control. The most important "correction" for me was not to eat or drink anything for several hours before bed (even water). Even if I do everything else right, if I break this rule then I will have a miserable night.[/quote']

Same here after a fill I did everything like you too. Especially no eating drinking after 7 pm. I thought it might be band losing up but stopped taking the chews before bed and it started again. Good luck! I do not get in fills unless I'm unable to enough nutrients or Water. I figure if I had choose the other op I would just have to adjust my life to it. I also knw the more you poke holes in the rubber port the more likely it will become defective. Just my way!

I am currently having the same problem. I just started new meds last week it has a little but hopeful that it will help more. I am still having night reflux. Do you have back pain when your reflux acts up?

I have also started having refulx during the night, it started 6 weeks after my last fill (that was my second fill), I was fine before that. I wake up coughing with the refulx which burns my throat. Last night was terrible, I got no sleep at all because it was worse when I was lying down, so I had to sit up all night. I also get pain between my shoulders with the reflux which makes it even more uncomfortable. Last night I didn't eat or drink for 3 hours before bed and it was still really badn I took some indigestion tablets but they didn't help, just made me feel sick. :unsure:

I'm just 7 pounds away from my target now, so I was hoping to last out a while longer and reach my target, before having my band lossened off a bit, but now I think maybe it's just too tight. Before my last fill I lost no weight for 4 months which was very frustrating. I'm amazed that 1 ml can make so much difference. But was I ok for 6 weeks after my last fill? It makes no sense to me.

I have been banded for almost a year and have lost 72 pounds so far, which I'm so, so happy about, I feel like a different person already :rolleyes: , but I really wanted to reach my target