Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All Of My Info Was Sent To United Today!

I qualified. Turns out my company (an airline) is pretty liberal when it comes to this surgery. My BMI was at 35.7. My insurance only requires one comorbid, and I have 2 diabetes and hypertension. I also have cholesterol at 249, and althoug that is not considered a comorbid, it was submitted just to solidify that this surgery will help me.

any suggestions? I have been a lurker as I did not want to get my hopes up. My insurance did not even require psych, or nut visits. Again I was told that is is between my company and untied and what they deem required.

Thoughts.

Also, what is the minimal amount of time off that you would take in a highly physical job? I am a flight attendant and ther eis a lot of pushing pulling stretching, opening and closing doors that are hundreds of pounds, etc.

I had to keep my pushing, pulling, lifting to under 20 lbs for thrity days.

I can't help you on the time off question, I have a desk job.

Good luck to you!

if you pull/push more than 30lbs ... they might have to take off a couple weeks...I'd ask the surgeon. I have a desk job...and i was picking up my 30lb kid a week to week and a half later...

ok, so it's almost been a week and I called united. They said that my submission was reviews last on the 16th (a Saturday). I asked if it hasn't been reviewed since then, is there a reason for any hold up? She said well, it could be they need more information or just more time....

Anyone hear this before? True results has a checklist and were very adament in having everything they needed on their checklist before sending off my application. Am I just being impatient?

no not impatient just excited...I'll cross my fingers for you :)

Hi rayanne, Dr. Hollis is supposed to do mine if approved. I am trying not to be a UHC stalker as I am to afraid to get my hopes up. Wondering if he will refer me for EGD? True results said I needed one, but I don't think I can just call a GAstro doc and say "hey, can I get a EGD?". Left messages, but not any return calls. :( It's only been a week since the paperwork was submitted, but UHC has a pretty good record of approving fast. I am nervous because my BMI was 35.7, I am 209, but I am type 2 and have hypertension plus high cholesterol. My employer and UHC do not require me to go through hoops like some others I've seen, such as psych, nutrition and all that jazz. Apparently, that is the agreement with my employer. My advocate says "it looks good", but I have seen people on the boards be denied with more weight, and health issues.

Hi Doctor Hollis is great. He is a no nonsense doctor he doesn t beat around the bush. Give it a bit of time it took me about a month and a half to get everything done and approved and then the surgery I had to wait two weeks cause they were booked up. I had to the psych, the nutrition and all that jazz but it was worth it. If true results said get the edg then get it call your insurance and see if you need a referral if so ask true results for one. If you don t do everything that is required it will not go thru.