Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I was banded on June 8th, doctors and nurses said I did great was sitting up and walking pretty fast.

I am really gassy inside and walking and gasx helps some but I still feel really gassy inside. My back is starting to hurt too but I can sleep on my side that the port is not on. I can walk and eating is fine.

I've been monitoring portions and calories. I have Water, lowfat no sugar smoothies, a little gatorade, broth, cream of chicken Soup, popsicles and broth. I don't eat much and try to keep hydrated.

With the liquid diet for 2 weeks and my post op, I've list 20lbs do there awesome!!

Not for one second do I regret this and I am soooo happy to change my lifestyle. I look forward to meal planning, trying new recipes, exercising, skinny sex!! Clothes shopping!!

Did anyone else's back hurt, in the middle? I'm trying to avoid pain meds now so I don't get constipated. Any advice would be appreciated? Also on the gas? Trying to get it out?

My starting weight was 250 and I'm at 230 right now, Dr's appt Friday and meeting with nutritionist then too. I plan on seeing mine for the next few months to keep building healthy eating habits and keep me extra accountable.

Hope everyone is doing well!!

If you are in pain and have been prescribed pain meds then you should be taking them. No good suffering just in case you end up constipated, if you do then there are things you can take to resolve that.

The best thing to do to relieve the gas pain is to keep moving, it is not in your digestive system so gas x etc don't work. It is gas that has been pumped into your abdominal cavity to make it easier for the surgical team to work. They get most out but unfortunately some gets left behind and that can cause pain in odd places eg your shoulder.

So take the meds your Dr has prescribed as Dr really does know best.

If you are in pain and have been prescribed pain meds then you should be taking them. No good suffering just in case you end up constipated' date=' if you do then there are things you can take to resolve that.

The best thing to do to relieve the gas pain is to keep moving, it is not in your digestive system so gas x etc don't work. It is gas that has been pumped into your abdominal cavity to make it easier for the surgical team to work. They get most out but unfortunately some gets left behind and that can cause pain in odd places eg your shoulder.

So take the meds your Dr has prescribed as Dr really does know best.[/quote']

The medicine with the Clear Liquids I was really weak but you're right, should be fine now. Thanks for the advice!!

Hi there, I was banded on may 31st & the gas pain in my back was killer too. It even still hurts sometimes at night. A heating pad or those bean bags you put in the microwave helped me a great deal. Something about the heat, it helps distribute the gas. Gas x did not help me at all. My liquid diet was only 4 days so I was able to take my pain pills at night w/ a little yogurt. I'm not a big pain medicine person either but I did take at night to be more comfortable.

Congratulations:). It's a big step. Your going to do great. Just take it slow.

I'm almost 2 weeks out & I'm feeling pretty good. I have 1 incision that is a little tender but that's it. I can't have a fill for 6 weeks & I am getting hungrier. I'm trying to eat every 3 hours to help with that. My doc is pretty liberal with eating & foods so weightloss hasn't been drastic. I only did clear for a week & in the 4 day post op I could do soft. Which I was grateful for.

Good luck & I'm glad your feeling good'

Hi there' date=' I was banded on may 31st & the gas pain in my back was killer too. It even still hurts sometimes at night. A heating pad or those bean bags you put in the microwave helped me a great deal. Something about the heat, it helps distribute the gas. Gas x did not help me at all. My liquid diet was only 4 days so I was able to take my pain pills at night w/ a little yogurt. I'm not a big pain medicine person either but I did take at night to be more comfortable.

Congratulations:). It's a big step. Your going to do great. Just take it slow.

I'm almost 2 weeks out & I'm feeling pretty good. I have 1 incision that is a little tender but that's it. I can't have a fill for 6 weeks & I am getting hungrier. I'm trying to eat every 3 hours to help with that. My doc is pretty liberal with eating & foods so weightloss hasn't been drastic. I only did clear for a week & in the 4 day post op I could do soft. Which I was grateful for.

Good luck & I'm glad your feeling good'[/quote']

Thank you!!! This site is so great in making ne feel better and not alone:) I'm going to try the heating pad and see if that helps. It feels good to lose the weight and see my clothes feel bigger though I have a long way to go, the first step is the hardest.

Awesome! You are doing great! Congrats on the band! To everyone! I'm sort of on the same track........my band slipped and I was "fixed" on 6/6, so it's just like the first time, which was 3 years ago. The gas pains finally are gone today! They lasted forever! I am on liquids, full, 2 weeks! Eek! But back to the Protein Shakes. Thank God I like them again cuz 3 years ago I'd had enough! LOL

My husband went to Whole Foods and they have sooooo many great Soups they make in-house, and he asked them to strain one for me. The guy thought we were weird, but once we told him we wanted it put thru a colander and just to buy the liquids he did it for us. Yum! Sooooo much better than the canned stuff and of course better than plain broth. And why should I throw out the solids I want strained out? Better to buy all liquid. :)

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk