Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Bandsters In Need Of A Buddy

Jeanette Decker here, don't know how to post things yet.,,,,,,We'll back from the hospital, went in at 8am syrgery 10:30am biatric floor at noon I think walked, and was release around 3:30, went to Walmart to get a few things, had a few issures, pain in shouder, sore throat (don't know why I had to surgeries in May and June) and had no side effects. Started to get a headache but took Migraine medicine (imetrix pills) Thanks for the heads up about shoulder pain (also bought a sit up pillow some one suggested it the kind you lay on the floor but can sit up!!

I'm glad I met you all, thanks for all the info it takes the fear out of it. Need to learn how to add a ticker, and how to

I also bought a bathing suit size 14 and capri exercise pants in medium and I am going to get in them,

also my biatric spport group is trying to get us access to a college pool at a discount, I am excited I love to swim especially looking forward to my new bathing suit, it may take we months but I will get in it..

For you July bandsters, anyone still dealing with gas? I was banded 09JUL2012 and have gas every day, called the nutritionist today and she is telling me it may still be gas from surgery.

I do feel more gasier than I did before the surgery. But nothing like the first few day!

Thanks silly-weasel, the bloating is what is bothering me the most. I've lost 20lbs and can't even tell when I bloat up after eating my mini meal. My dad has colitis and just told me about Charco Caps at Wal-Mart and I'm going to see if these are okay with my dietician and give those a go if they are okay.

How is your band going ?

I'm struggling. I'm a lot more active and it helps that I lost about 50 pounds pre-surgery, but now I'm over a month out and officially in "bandster hell" Rediscovered my bike and we've been taking lots of bike rides so I know thats been helping. I need to update my weight ticker because I weighed myself today and am under 330 now. Happy about that, but not as much weight as I'd have liked.

I am eating less, and some of the temptations aren't as hard to pass by, but I've only had one fill and knowing that this is only a tool and it's still going to take a lot of hard work helps. Looking forward to getting to the infamous "green zone" though! Have another fill in a couple of weeks.

I was banded July 24 how much weight have u bandsters lost?? I'm at 42 lbs total feel stuck now though

I was banded July 23rd, I must be aound 265lbs by now, I only weight myself on thurdays. That would make about 47lbs of lost weight.

I have only one filling (5cc's) and I also fell like I need more, I've been very good with my portions but today I ate more than I should have :(

Also I've been excercising everyday.

Awesome job, woo hoo! I've been guilty of not exercising. I've been doing good on eating by keeping a journal with the one fill to watch myself, but if I stay up late, I get really hungry and have a bit of a hard time controlling myself. 2nd fill this coming Saturday, hope it helps.

I was banded July 17, 2012. Anyone else? I am down 19 lbs! Just got my 2nd fill yesterday.

Why is everyone else down 40-50lbs and I am only down 19? Am I doing something wrong? Now I feel sad!!

@wendy I got my band July 9th, 12 my doctor has bern going really slow with my fills I berly have 1.25 cc and I have only lost about 21 pounds since surgery is been over 3 months since surgery and I was expecting to loose more than 20 pounds by now im been trying to excersice but I always feel tired :( I just wanted to let you know you are not the only one not loosing I guess we might be slow loosers... I would also like to get some tips from people here that have been sucessful I would appreciated also if you guys can let me know how much you guys have in your band Im hoping that I will lose the weight as I get more fills

Wendy and g25, everyone loses at different rates and it all depends on where someone starts, so don't get too caught up in comparing yourself to others. Be happy you are losing :). I was pretty heavy for my height and I've been pretty happy with the loss so far but what has helped me the most is journaling, it really points out foods you would not think were that bad. I have over 4cc, this last fill I got last weekend she said it was a little fill, so I have no clue what I have at this point, but now I want to take it slow. I have pretty good satiety and kept getting stuck last week while during TOM time, so I didn't want too much of a fill, but now I need to watch for that week each month as you swell and this causes more stuck episodes (per the RN doing the fill), which I typically don't experience. I've been bad and not exercised yet, but I imagine my plateau will hit soon and I'll need to exercise or stay the same. If I can help, let me know.