Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Do You Celebrate???

I was banded 3/7/12, and I'm down 47lbs (including preop). My husband said this morning that we should do something to Celebrate when I hit 50lbs. I've been thinking that too...but no idea what! We used to go have fancy dinners (and still do sometimes), but that seems a strange thing to do to celebrate weight loss! And I don't want to buy a bunch of clothes--I still have 95lb to goal! What have you guys done to celebrate small victories?

Shoes!!!!

Spa day... The works!!!

I was looking at a coach purse for when I got below 200 lbs. It finally happened last week and it coincided with our local aesthetician having a sale on botox so I did that instead. I am 42 and have lost 75 lbs from my all time high so I was looking a little saggy. I just did the (angry) lines between the eyes and the upper corners of my eyebrows. I really like the way it turned out so I may keep doing it. Congrats on your weight loss!

Pedicure? Manicure? New hairstyle? New outfit? Day out doing something you couldn't do before like a roller coaster or a hike or something? You've just inspired me to try to come up with some ideas myself for mini goals along the way - 50 lbs is amazing! Glad you're going to Celebrate - and let us know what you come up with :).

When I got to 50ls., I bought myself a stack ring black & white diamonds (day after t-giving sale) it was kinda snug @ the time. Now @ -71 it is reminder to stay on track & look how far I've come.

50 lbs is a huge achievement! I agree w a spa day or even one new outfit. I decided tonight when I lose 20lbs I'm going to buy some new cosmetics- small token but would make me feel good!

A piece of jewelry would be a good reminder of your achievement.

I just had a couple of body wraps! it was so amazing! obviously something I would never have done before!

I am worth it!

I get manicures, pedicures, and massages fairly regularly...spoiled I guess! I really do need new clothes, but I don't want to get much cause hopefully they won't fit for very long! I'm thinking about doing "Painting with a Twist" with some friends. You bring your own wine and have an artist help you paint some awesome picture. I'm at 48lbs down now, and my birthday is in 2 weeks, so I'm pretty sure my 50lbs and 28th birthday will coincide!

My goal is when I reach 75 I am going to buy a really nice gold necklace. It is something I can look at when I am having a BAD day I can remember how FAR I HAVE COME!

Good suggestions! I was going to say the spa (treat yourself to something nice!) or a nice new bag if you're into them. I like the haircut/colour idea too! Mine's a little more outrageous....when I get under 200 lbs I'm getting a new tattoo!

Theater

-Cordelia, banded 1/08