Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

tomorrow I'm going to start my diet :(

no more cokes, chips or bad food! for some reason I feel really sad. but happy at the same time. is that normal? Or am I going crazy? HELP

Sent from my DROID RAZR using LapBandTalk

drinkingcoke was kind of my addiction. now I have to find something new to like..... have a good ideas?

drinkingcoke was kind of my addiction. now I have to find something new to like..... have a good ideas?

When i quit soda pop i switched to iced tea months ago! I love tea plus it helps you get the Water you need after surgery and what not try sun tea with a substitute sugar my dietitian said thats fine in low amount! Good luck!

"Have any good ideas"

Large or Medium sized shirts? Sitting in an airplane and not crowding the people on each side of you? Being able to trim toenails without grunting? Being able to walk down stairs without joint pain? Less snoring and no apnea? Being able to look down and see my toes(and other appendages :rolleyes:) Getting checked out by the opposite sex?

These are my new addictions.

tmf

yes, I know how you feel, last week, actually 8 days ago, I had my last hooray meal and said goodbye to bad food and Sprite. I'm not addicted to carbonated drinks but on occasion I would get one when I went out to eat so that night before I started my pre-op diet I got one and said goodbye as I drank it. I'm going on my 7th day of the diet, 7 more days to go, woohoo then surgery. Hang in there.

Diet coke was the hardest thing to give up. But quit cold turkey and did not have another one till about 2½ years post op now I am trying to stop it again. Next month will be 3 years for me. Once you quit never go back too hard to quit again. Hang in there!

Cheri

tomorrow I'm going to start my diet :(

no more cokes, chips or bad food! for some reason I feel really sad. but happy at the same time. is that normal? Or am I going crazy? HELP

Just a thought to share about saying goodbye to the drinks and foods we have come to love...those preferences or in some cases addictions are the reasons we have the band surgery. food is not your friend...saying goodbye with a finality is a positive step to take for success with your weight loss journey. As is often quoted on this forum, the band is only a tool; you must do the work to experience success with using the band in the way it has been designed to work.

We need to change our relationship with food, and revise thoughts to approach a better and healthier way of life and diet. A healthier regard for food as something we need to fuel our bodies to live, instead of looking at food as solace for anxious and/or angry thoughts.

Best wishes for success as you move forward on your journey!

My surgery is July 2nd and I am a diet coke addict. I had a melt down the other day while drinking a diet coke. Like total melt Down. I started to cry I was so sad. So, no you are not the only one! my husband was trying not to laugh at me as I cried, "I won't ever be able to drink diet coke again".

My surgery is July 2nd and I am a diet coke addict. I had a melt down the other day while drinking a diet coke. Like total melt Down. I started to cry I was so sad. So' date=' no you are not the only one! my husband was trying not to laugh at me as I cried, "I won't ever be able to drink diet coke again".[/quote']

Proud of you....no more sodas guarantees you at least 20lbs lost each year.

I lived on Diet Dr Pepper and Dt A&W Rootbeer.

Quite honestly it wasn't that hard to stop.

I think once you get your mind around the idea it is easier.

It is just what needs to be done to make this a successful journey.

The thought of giving up my diet dr. Peppers is what held me back from even considering lap band for almost two years. I'm in my 3 month mswl phase right now and haven't had a soda in about six weeks. It was very hard at first, and with the on set of summer I miss them even more, but I have decided my life is worth more than a soda. I love the mios especially a mix of tea and lemonade, and those have really helped.

If you are pre-op get into fizzy Water, flavoured if u must .. much better for you that diet soda's which i detest they taste sooo sweet and full of artifical flavourings.. cast them out of your life forever :)

Another thought to consider as you modify your diet and adjust your Fluid choices away from carbonated soda for favorite drink...consider the realities of the risks to your health if you do not make these adjustments, and return to a healthier weight.

I was on the verge of being diagnosed with Type II diabetes. I had the distinction of being the only one on either side of my family to get to this point of health risks. I knew I would never be a compliant diabetic, so it became a bit easier to reason my way through the decision process for moving forward to have the surgery.

Look at the equation of what you loose (soda, unhealthy foods), and what you stand to gain (health, improved overall quality of life). No rocket scientist needed to see what one should be choosing to do...and I do understand that those changes are easier for some people than others. It's just how much do you want to improve the quality of your life...