Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Brisbane bandsters?

Hi all,

I am going in for my band tomorrow the 17th March. I will keep you all up to date hopefully of my weight loss. What do you eat after you come out of hospital? I have been told only to take sustagen and Vitamin supplement. Can anyone let me know what to expect in the first few weeks.

I'm very surprised your surgeon hasn't explained all this to you by now. It differs slightly with each surgeon, but the usual is 2 weeks of Clear Liquids only, followed by 2 weeks of mushy food - baby food consistency. Clear liquids can be clear fruit juices, Water, etc. Some people also use milk based drinks or yoghurt toward the end of the 2 week period before going onto mush.

Hi,

Iwas banded by Dr Nicholson at Sunnybank. This was 5 years ago and have lost 65kg and maintained this for 3.5 years. I am now play sport and healthy. The only problem I have is reflux that has been only occurring for the last 6 months. Would love to talk to other brisbane people on their journey.

Hi all,

Congratulations on all of your successes. To the ones who have had their band for quite some time, how did you go within the first 12 months? I went on a holiday a couple of months after my surgery (for about 3 months) and had my band loosened so I wouldn't run into any trouble whilst overseas. Now that I'm back I've found it difficult to get back into a routine and I'm finding myself slipping into old habits. Any suggestions??

I am from Brisbane and was banded 5 years ago with Doug Nicholson Sunnybank

Hi there Ipswich bandster Dr John Copp did my surgery on the 11 August 2008 and I have lost 35kg to date and 4kg to go to get to goal. He is the best. I hape to have my tummy done end of the year or early next year. congratulations to everyone, you are all great.:drool:

Hi There, Brissie Bandster since Sept 2001 (8 years next month YEAH!) Just wanted to say hi to everyone :-)

Hello everyone......

Need help!

I would like to have a tc ect and need to know the best way to get it done as reconstructive....

Anyone have any idea's as to the best way to do this? ;-) and the doctor to see?

Cheers

Tricia

Hi I'm Sarah due to be banded on the 16th december. So no Xmas turkey for me!!

I live in Redbank Plains.

Chickie you are a bloody legend and inspiration to all us pre-bandits that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Keep it up guys and we can all give them skinny b***hes a run for their money!!!!

Hey Bel, So how is the band worked for you.

Hey all,

I am so excited and nervous all at the same time. All these posts about needing tummy tucks and stuff is a bit concerning and I have lots of tattoos too worried they are all going go warp and sag and look horrible when losing weight. Any tip, ideas or personal experiences about this the tattoo are a full sleeve on my arm and across my shoulders and lower legs (yeah there's a few of them)

Hi everyone,

good to see and hear from others who share similar problems and issues. I love reading the threads and have and still share most of all the problems..

My band operation has been almost 10 years and i think i have lived thru all the symptoms and now experience other changes in my body...

Happy to help anyone with questions and love to catch up for a dinner or lunch gathering if there is one?

love Linda