Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Brisbane bandsters?

Hi Sammee, I'm at Forest Lake and I'm being banded on the 30th March with Blair Bowden. Congratulations on your huge success with the band. Seeing your story on this site a couple of weeks ago was what convinced me to go ahead with it. It all seams a lot realer when there is someone in my town who has made it.

Regards,

Fleur

Hi Samee and Fleur......I'm not a Brissie girl but do I live on the northern Gold Coast (close enough!).

I am getting banded in July and until recently have been feeling sick with nerves but after finding this site I'm finally starting to feel a bit better about the whole procedure.:confused:

Hi ladies

I am not in Brisbane but I live out near Toowoomba. I attend the Bandsters lunches in Brisbane (saw you there Fleur)

I was banded by George Hopkins at the Holy Spirit at Chermside in January 05.

You are so close to your goal Sammee, I am so pleased for you, well done!

Hey I'm from Brisbane! I got banded in August but have been off holidaying abroad since Nov so the weight loss has been a bit slow to start...lost about 15kg to date but am about to join the gym and have another .5ml put in so I can keep my eating in check.

I am from Brisbane too! I am a northsider though! lol

I was banded 14th Jan 08 by George Hopkins at Chermside.

What is the bandsters lunch? I have never heard of it!

Anyone for setting up a support group, or a meeting/lunch of some kind?

Josh.

There is a Brisbane bander's yahoo group who have organised a lunch for tomorrow. Basically, its a chance for people to meet up, have lunch and talk. I was going, but woke up with a sore throat this morning and not feeling well, so I've pulled out.

hi; I was banded in jan 04 by Dr George Fielding at Wesley Hosp and lost 80kg, unfortunatley the tube from my port to band has just split and I am now 3 days post op having it fixed by Dr Blair Bowden and I feel great on the downhill scale again

The Begining

Posted 11-15-2007 at 09:20 PM by bearandbub

Hi

I had a mild heart attack on the 3rd November 2003 and was told have the banding done or be dead in 3months and that certanly was not on my immediate agenda.

At that stage I weighed a massive 385lb or 175kg .

Within 6weeks of seeing Dr George Fielding I was having my band done.

It was the saddest time for me a couple of years later when Dr Fielding moved to New York to train Dr's in the US how to do the band operation.Please look after him over there as he is a very special person and a staright shooter.

Over the next 18months my weight came down gradually,I kept going to my local weight reduction club and they were the best support along with my family.I truly believe that you need as much positive support as possible.

In February 2005 I was presented with the State Title for Queensland fro the most weight loss ***LOOSER OF THE YEAR AWARD***I was so wrapped to think that I could achieve anything like this as in all the years leading up to my banding I had never been able to stay on any diet::kiss2:angry

Posted 02-12-2008 at 07:40 AM by bearandbub

not happy that the weight is going back on I was down to 90kg and now back up to 137kg. Have had lots of tests done and they showed all ok now 3months later I went back for another fill as there was no restriction and my port was empty. Seeing surgeon on Friday and have already booked a theatre date for the 28th Feb will let you know how things go replacement

Posted 02-20-2008 at 09:49 AM by bearandbub

It looks like it is my port that has a puncture Dr Bowden is replacing port on 28/02/08 once in there he will also look further and if needed he will replace my band.

Hi there all,

Not too sure whether people have looked at this thread lately, but I'm a new Brisbane bander (currently 5 days post-op). Are there any Brisbane support groups / meetings / lunches etc coming up?

Cheers,

Annie.