Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Getting Banded In July?

So happy for you!! Take your time and get well soon.. Let me kbiw everything!!! Lol I am going in on the 30th...

I'm on the 30th as well. what time is your surgery? Btw I am SO nervous, are you?

Getting banded TODAY (July 25th). At hospital now, waiting to start prep. A little nervous but excited! It doesn't seem real just yet. All the best to everyone!

And all the best to you, too. Hope you do as well as I have been doing. 1 Week tomorrow and going to a movie with friend today. Just burning and pain near port site. Otherwise feeling good.

Praise God, yesterday I had my surgery, my biggest problem is the dry throat. My face is red not sure if it's the meds or what. Best of Luck to everyone.

First started 288

Day of Sugerys 263

We can do this

HAPPY BAND DAY....glad to hear you are doing well God bless you

I was just wondering ...what kind of pain is the port pain after surgery? How would some of you describe it and how long does it last...5.5 days to go and very nervous!!!

i had hardly any pain just soreness. after the first week i was able to push down on it and feel it without no pain

It is mostly sore, but when I walk very much, if I turn a certain way it does feel sharp and hot and pulls. But not all the time. I am really feeling very good.

I was just wondering ...what kind of pain is the port pain after surgery? How would some of you describe it and how long does it last...5.5 days to go and very nervous!!!

I was banded 07/20 haven't had any port pain just a little tender at times. My main thing was the gas pain, I must've inherited the pain of those who didn't have it but they became more bearable yesterday and today is much better. Be blessed in your journey and stay prayerful

I am a July Bandster. I got banded July 20. Im feeling better today. At first I thought I was gonna die. lol At least now I can lay down and get a good night sleep.

I know that feeling! Just banded on July 23rd. Found I very quickly I'm not quite ready for cold drinks . Last night was the worse with the pain and bloating not able to get comfortable .. Feeling much better today.. Congrats all newly banded :)

Tomorrow is my big day! I can't believe it's finally here. I'm all ready to go and I think that I have everything that I will need for the first two weeks post op. I'm so excited!, not feeling nervous. If I'm nervous about anything, it's that we will oversleep in the morning, have a flat tire on the way to the clinic, I'll wake up with a fever, etc. That would be the only thing that would throw me for a loop, if something happened that would make my surgery not happen tomorrow. However, I'm very confident that around 9:20am, in the morning, I'll be having my surgery. I have many people that have promised to be thinking of me and saying a prayer: that my body will be strong, my surgeons hands will be steady and sure, my anesthetist will be vigilant and I will have little pain and heal quickly. I trust in God's will and know everything will go smoothly.

My real challenges will come afterwards. As I read these messages and blogs, I've come to realize that I am entering a whole new life style. I'll need strength and encouragement along my journey. I'm a food addict and have been for a long time. Food has a calming and almost numbing effect on me at times. It's what I turn to when I'm tired, bored, anxious, stressed, etc. It's also a big part of family get togethers and celebrations. My two grown daughters are overweight also. They are very supportive of my decision, as they know how much I want this. I'm hoping I can inspire them both to change some of their eating habits before they are my age. I come from a family of large women. We all love to cook and feed ourselves and anyone else who walks through our door.

My husbands family had a family reunion last weekend. Right in the middle of my Protein diet. It has been planned for months and I knew it was coming, of course. I signed up to bring all the plates, napkins, cups, etc. I did not cook, like I normally would have. Several of my inlaws commented on my missing brocolli salad, homemade meatballs, choc. cake with butter cream icing. They were a bit dissapointed. But they survived, and I was able to survive also. I ate my Protein Drink and veggies, along with one bite of my husbands hamburger. I called that a huge accomplishment for me, as there was tons of mouth watering and fat laden foods. I still had a really good time and so did everyone else.

I know this is not going to be easy and I will have some hard times and a few set backs, But one step at a time I'm going to climb this mountain. On the other side lies better health and a new me.

Tomorrow is my big day! I can't believe it's finally here. I'm all ready to go and I think that I have everything that I will need for the first two weeks post op. I'm so excited!, not feeling nervous. If I'm nervous about anything, it's that we will oversleep in the morning, have a flat tire on the way to the clinic, I'll wake up with a fever, etc. That would be the only thing that would throw me for a loop, if something happened that would make my surgery not happen tomorrow. However, I'm very confident that around 9:20am, in the morning, I'll be having my surgery. I have many people that have promised to be thinking of me and saying a prayer: that my body will be strong, my surgeons hands will be steady and sure, my anesthetist will be vigilant and I will have little pain and heal quickly. I trust in God's will and know everything will go smoothly.

My real challenges will come afterwards. As I read these messages and blogs, I've come to realize that I am entering a whole new life style. I'll need strength and encouragement along my journey. I'm a food addict and have been for a long time. food has a calming and almost numbing effect on me at times. It's what I turn to when I'm tired, bored, anxious, stressed, etc. It's also a big part of family get togethers and celebrations. My two grown daughters are overweight also. They are very supportive of my decision, as they know how much I want this. I'm hoping I can inspire them both to change some of their eating habits before they are my age. I come from a family of large women. We all love to cook and feed ourselves and anyone else who walks through our door.

My husbands family had a family reunion last weekend. Right in the middle of my Protein diet. It has been planned for months and I knew it was coming, of course. I signed up to bring all the plates, napkins, cups, etc. I did not cook, like I normally would have. Several of my inlaws commented on my missing brocolli salad, homemade meatballs, choc. cake with butter cream icing. They were a bit dissapointed. But they survived, and I was able to survive also. I ate my Protein Drink and veggies, along with one bite of my husbands hamburger. I called that a huge accomplishment for me, as there was tons of mouth watering and fat laden foods. I still had a really good time and so did everyone else.

I know this is not going to be easy and I will have some hard times and a few set backs, But one step at a time I'm going to climb this mountain. On the other side lies better health and a new me.

Very well said. You will do great as you have a great attitude.

I m one week out today and am feeling great. I actually have more energy already. The food thing hasn't been hard. I don't feel hungry, and it is actually kinda nice to not have to plan and decide what I want to eat all the time.

Now that I can see the weight loss and am feeling better, I want to stay on the eating plan even more.

Best of luck to you.

ddrobins congrats on making it through the family reunion strong and proud. Add me to the list of people sending prayers on your behalf you will do great God bless you

Had my first post op visit everything went well my incision is healing really good so i go back in 4 weeks and im on mushy now for a week then to the reg foods after that!

Banded July 25th - little scary before surgery due to the natural narrowing of my throat so it was diffucult to get the tube in my throat and equally as difficult to get it out. But through it all, I'm still glad I did it. Spent 2 days in the hospital. Once home, it was difficult to take in liquids. It seemed like nothing tasted good or settled on my stomach, not even Water. I was experiencing nausea terribly that moved to painful gas. Finally, after 2 days, I took a few gas strips and walked around the grocery store to get good 'ole fashion chicken noodle Soup and ate the broth. Finally, I am experiencing relief! I felt like I could run :-) The gas has subsided and I can move around more comfortably. Now I feel like I can walk more as doctors suggested. I haven't had to take pain meds today so far and I'm doing pretty good. I'm tolerating liquids much better - Yeah LOL!

Tips: Give yourself time to adjust - dont rush yourself. Some things may be too rich to take in (i.e., Protein shakes, cream soups) - you may need to dilute them a little. Gas pains will come but as many have said, moving and Gas X strips helped. Drink slowly!!

Keep it up July banders and all the best to August banders!

It's not that bad; more like soreness. I was banded on July 5th, and I could press down on my port after about two weeks without any problem. It hurt me every time I stood up for the first two weeks, so support your abdomen with your hand, but really, it's over before you know it and it's not something you need any meds for.

Had my first post op visit everything went well my incision is healing really good so i go back in 4 weeks and im on mushy now for a week then to the reg foods after that!

Me too! my post op visit was yesterday, Surgeon said the incisions healed nicely. She wants me on mushys now (for the next 2 weeks) because I can not get the Protein drinks down because of acid reflux. Got the ok to go swimming! My 3 mushy meals are planned out for the day, so excited about eatting and getting some nutrients in.

Glad you are doing well!!!