Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have a Body Media Fit' date=' which is similar or even just a different name to some of the others mentioned here. I have had mine for about six months and wear it almost constantly. It is an armband so the only times that it comes off are when I shower or swim, and when I am wearing clothing that bares my arms (except when working out!)

I use it to measure my calories burnt and steps taken, and it is interesting to see how many hours I have slept (or not, as is usually the case!) I use myfitnesspal.com to record my food diary and then just copy my exercise calories burnt across there rather than maintaining both in two places. MFP exercise calorie burns are somewhat overstated compared to my BMF readings.

I won't giving up either soon as they help me to stay true to myself on this journey![/quote']

I love my body bugg!

The Bodymedia Fit is the parent company of Bodybugg- 24 hour fitness sells the rebranded Bodybugg and Bodymedia sells their own.

I have had both a Bodybugg and a Fitbit. I would recommend the fitbit over the bodybugg, for the following reasons:

- Bodybugg is large and draws a lot of attention because it must be worn on upper arm at all times. The Fitbit is a small device that can either clip onto clothing (bra) or you can put it in the included holster.

- When I was using the Bugg, there was a subscription fee to use their terribly outdated website. It was very buggy and constantly kicked me out when logging food, etc. The Fitbit software is free (includes food tracking, sleep records, activity levels, steps, stairs, etc). You can purchase the premium membership for $50 a year, but I do not think it is at all necessary to get the best use out of your Fitbit.

- You actually select when you wake up and when you go to bed with the Fitbit, whereas the bugg had a general time you chose (say 10-6) blocked out as sleeping hours every day.

- Fitbit customer service is AMAZING. They resolve issues very fast and send you out a new Fitbit pretty much no questions asked if something goes wrong with yours.

- When I bought my Bodybugg, it was around $250. I bought the one with the digital display. I remember people who bought the smart phone version complained often about how the smart phone app would not work right- this is probably resolved at this point.

- Because the bodybugg sensors sit directly on your arm, it causes the skin underneath to be constantly covered. I would get rashes from the sensors and have to switch from arm to arm (even though you're only supposed to wear it on a specific arm).

- When I tried the fitbit and the bodybugg out together for a couple weeks, the bodybugg over reported my calorie burn by approximately 400 per day.

- Fitbit now has a wifi scale called the Aria. I was going to buy a Withings earlier this year for the convenience of auto-uploads of weight, but heard Fitbit would be releasing the Aria in April. I love that the scale and the fitbit are working in the same system and it makes it really easy to only look in one place for this info.

- Lastly, both food databases seem small compared to other sites (like Spark People or My Fitness Pal), but once you enter in your normal foods, there's not much problem.

The fitbit really is a one-stop shop where you can track food, weight, and overall activity. I love it!

We're planning on integrating our tickers and trackers to work with FitBit in the (hopefully) near future. I haven't tested BodyBug yet but we might be able to add that as well. I'm curious to know if people actually use these tools after a week or two ? :-)

I've been using my Bodymedia fit for 8 months now and I love it!

When I was first starting out I bought a body bugg. I loved it @ first but then I became super anal & obsessed! I had to stop bc it was consuming a lot of time.

I just bought a fitbit yesterday. I love it. Definitely helping me think differently about how much I move and what I eat. I am very glad I got it.

Since the fitbit and the body bugg are about the same price I would go with the fitbit, it looks better and has some awesome features. I think I will be getting one.

I actually won't have the band till sept or October. But I have user the body bugg generation 1 before I considered the band and with its help I lost 60lbs. I love the bug. My bf just bought it for me for $99 online it's on sale till June 15th by the way it usually sells for $250. If you really want something to aid you in calories burned dedicate vs calories ate which u record online via the program u get and know what you need to do in order to lose weight this is the tool for you.

I've been using the fitbit for over a week and I love it..it even records my sleep patterns. I'm glad I bought the FITBIT. Their customer service is great as well. I've gotten a response within 12 hours of sending a message and they've gone through the steps to fix my problems I might be having. I also have the fitbit android app as well. I can walk into my bedroom where the fitbit charger is and the charger will instantly download the log of information without me even plugging the fitbit into the charger. Its great!