Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just Wanna Kick Myself In The Arse!!

I'm 2 wks post op, my family is not supportive, they buy snickers (my favorite), sonic and burger king and they offer it to me and eat it in my face. I feel like an absolute failure! I am with true results but my surgeon is separate. They both have different diets, different view points...they haven't agreed on anything. I was told by my surgeon the hard scar tissue that's at my port site may prevent me from getting fills. By day 6 I was starving! I have had 2 snickers within the last 3 days and although it took 5 hrs to eat I had a sonic sandwich. Lord knows how bad I want this, I just wish I had some support and WISH I WOULD HAVE NEVER EATEN THAT ISH! I wait in my surgeons office for a minimum of 2 hrs just for him to spend 3-5 min with me. SOO DEPRESSED! Pray to God I haven't messed my band up.

This is some tough love coming your way , so be prepared ! Im sorry you have to go thru this with no support at home, but hey , you'll get lots of support here ! You have to remember WHY you got banded in the first place. It was'nt to get others healthy and strong, it was to get your self healthy and strong. "Others" are not responsible for your past or future weight . (You are , and you CAN do this ! ) They may be childish, immature or irresponsible with the way they are treating you, but nobody is eating that food but you ! So get back to your Drs orders and while it does take time ,work and patience, the band DOES work, and you will see results ! Ask yourself where you want to be in 6 months and suddenly that junk food doesnt look so good ! The band doesnt take away cravings , you just cant eat as much, you have to make better choices , and exercise. my dr agreed that if i followed the rules 95 % of the time i would be good to go . Ive lost 37 lbs in 6 months. so where do you want to be in 6 months ? Good luck, you can do this !!

I can somewhat relate to this. My family did a BIG camping trip to the lake and there was so much "BAD" food. Then, I got lots of questions on what I ate (salmon patties) and why . . . very frustrating.

This is some tough love coming your way ' date=' so be prepared ! Im sorry you have to go thru this with no support at home, but hey , you'll get lots of support here ! You have to remember WHY you got banded in the first place. It was'nt to get others healthy and strong, it was to get your self healthy and strong. "Others" are not responsible for your past or future weight . (You are , and you CAN do this ! ) They may be childish, immature or irresponsible with the way they are treating you, but nobody is eating that food but you ! So get back to your Drs orders and while it does take time ,work and patience, the band DOES work, and you will see results ! Ask yourself where you want to be in 6 months and suddenly that junk food doesnt look so good ! The band doesnt take away cravings , you just cant eat as much, you have to make better choices , and exercise. my dr agreed that if i followed the rules 95 % of the time i would be good to go . Ive lost 37 lbs in 6 months. so where do you want to be in 6 months ? Good luck, you can do this !![/quote']

I can't stop crying! Thank you sooo much!!

Wow... that's terrible. You have to find a way to control what you eat. If you make it a regular thing to eat that kind of food... you will fail. It is up to you. I would simply leave when they came in the house with that stuff. That would be a great time for you to go to the gym or for a walk.

You need to make healthy choices, I am sorry your family is not a good support system but you need to do this for you! Every pound you lose will motivate you to lose more. You are a beautiful woman and you deserve this.

You can do it!

Now for the real though Love..... This is about you and only you. You have got to get your head in the game. I hate that your family is treating you this way!!! Its awfull...BUT there will ALWAYS be SOMEONE or SOMETHING blocking your road to success!! You just need to kick them out of the way!! If you kick hard enough they move!!!

You are only 2 weeks postop!!! Why in the world are you self sabotaging yourself!!! I call it that because it wasn't a small infraction in a weak moment....but you spent 5 HOURS working to get down a sonic sandwich!!! Thats self sabotage---not just hunger!! So why are you self sabotaging?

If your family insists on eating stuff you can't have in front you ....so be it. They didn't make this decision...YOU DID!! Now Stand by it!!

My family was considerate of my feelings....too appoint. But they would still eat the good stuff without me. In fact it was all homemade because I prepared meals ahead of time for them. But I would have to be in the other room whole they ate.

The first few weeks are hard..I was still on liquids after 2 weeks. I was starving too.I understand being hungry but you don't need to be eating sonic sandwiches.......at least find something that won't cause premanent damage!! Try some puree's or some thin mushies.....

I know it sounds like I'm fussing, I don't mean too. I just know that you probably want this as much as I did and I would hate for anyone to mess something up before they even get a chance to use it.

Hold your head high!! You have been given a chance that has the possibility of changing your life!!---IF you do your part!!! So forget about yesterday there is nothing you can do about that....start right now!! Recommitt yourself to this journey!!! To follow the rules!!!plug into this site for your encouragement.....find someone on here that is willing to encourage you when you need it and hold you accountable when neccesary!!

You can do this!!! You are not a failure unless you say you are!!!

Inbox me if you ever need to talk.

I agree with waitingpatiently. You are sabotaging yourself big time. Taking 5 hours to eat a burger, or eating a Snickers, only 2 weeks post op is playing with fire. The first 4-6 weeks after surgery are for healing, and by doing these things you are jeopardizing that healing process. I'm assuming you're supposed to be on full liquids right now, maybe mushies. Whatever stage of the post-op diet you're supposed to be on you need to go back to and stick to it.

I'm truly sorry your family isn't supportive, but you need to be realistic too. You are the one that made the decision to get the Lap-Band, not them. You can't expect them to give up their junk food and fast food just because you can't have it. I don't mean to sound harsh it's just the reality. They're not the banded ones healing from surgery, you are.

I am the single mom to two kids. While I do cook very healthy these days for family meals, they still get their McDonald's or their pizza Hut once in awhile. I still have a cupboard with Cookies and snack cakes in it in, but I don't touch it. My kids are healthy weight and have a much better relationship with food than I ever did. I don't expect them to give up their treats or occasional Burger King just because I choose not to eat it anymore. That would be selfish on my part. I am the one that made the decision to get the Lap-Band and change my eating habits, not them.

Put the focus back on you where it belongs. Start following the pre-op diet and stick to it. Once you're on regular foods again, make smart food choices and small portions, regardless of what your family may or may not eat. You have to make the decision to change your life for YOU.

You need to get tough and tell your family you will not permit them to bring that junk in your house.

If they want to eat it then eat it at the restaurant, DO NOT bring it home.

Next time someone offers you a burger or a candy bar, take it from them go straight to the garbage disposale and grind it up, then get a Protein shake and enjoy.

Your family is being very rude and you need to set them straight.

Then you need to go back to the beginning and start over.

We have all been there, we were all starving on liquids, but it doesn't last forever.

You need to get your head straight and get back in the game.

I wish you the best of luck but you HAVE to get in the game.

You need to find some support in your real life as well as the support you get on here. And you need some of that tough love support - someone who will look you in the eye and say that eating two Snickers bars and a sonic sandwich within a week of surgery is not just a bad idea, but a really stupid and dangerous idea!

You've made the decision and worked your way through all of the hoops to get your surgery. But that's not the end of this. In fact, it is just the beginning and you are looking at living your life in an entirely new way from here. Don't waste the effort that it took to get your surgery.

Keep your head up, find a buddy and do whatever it takes!

every comment here is really good advice. Your family are irrisponsible for treating you like this... but it shouldnt interfere with you and your good progress. im wondering if you are going through some post op depression ? some of us here have had really down times immediately post op. plus the fact your body went through a lot of trauma, and is still healing from that, as well as a liquid diet. If you are going through some mild depression... know that its very temporary, and that each day that goes by is going to see your body healing .

You have the most wonderful opportunity now to achieve your dreams. your dream of being slim and healthy. i dont know if you have had a weight issue all your life, it doesnt matter... just being overweight now and knowing that the weight is going to start coming off your body and transforming you is an exciting thing to have going on.

Of course you dont feel the same as you did before the surgery. like i said, you are post op. after nearly every op Ive had i suffered with a post op depression. it wasnt bad enough for me to take meds... it just happened. i got over it seen enough. Im sure that what you are coping with now has a lot to do with depression... temporary depression.

I would do what the other women have advised you to do. no one.. if someone offers you food that you cant eat... and they wont listen to you when you refuse.. take it, mutilate it and put it in the rubbish. that will speak loudly enough for you.

Have some liquid treats in the fridge.. im sure there are nice drinks that you can have.

Go for more walks. Walking will help you to overcome any depression you may have. its the best thing out for combating depression.

Start thinking more about the good side of having the surgery, not about the food that you were a slave to...

Good luck with it all... you know that we are all here for you. get online when you need supportas well. im praying for you.

I'm 2 wks post op, my family is not supportive, they buy snickers (my favorite), sonic and burger king and they offer it to me and eat it in my face.

I systematically throw EVERY piece of junk that comes into my house out, and sometimes run it under Water first. My husband keeps buying crap for my 4yo daughter and I keep telling him she doesn't need to eat 6 cookies!!! It makes me FURIOUS. I hate having this in the house. I hate that he feeds her junk. I don't want to pass this down to her. And I don't want to eat it myself (well, I do, but I don't, you know what I mean)...

If it's in my house, it's GAME ON. I will toss it!! If your family brings you snickers, step on them and then throw them out...

Hi I'm with True Results too and I'm three weeks out n ate two slices of pizza yesterday ;( I was starving! I felt guilty n walked a mile afterwards but I still knew better! It's hard because I thought so wrng thinking the surgery was the hardest part! I wish I would've known about this app before hand! I'm here n Houston so if u are mayb we could buddy up n go to sum support groups...

I am with trrue results in Houston. What city are you in?

I wouldn't throw out their food, or purposely cause friction with your family, but you do need to find some coping strategies that work for you. Ask them not to bring you those sorts of food, and if they do, then feel free to destroy them :)

It is sad that family will not support you in something that means so much, going through the samething with my husband and I won't have mines until the 24 of june, but this is not about him it's about me and my health he offers me junk food and I refuse, I think he's afraid of me losing weight and he won't even try to make changes.