Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Found A Way To Eat Around The Band

popcorn is my weakness! Especially when I'm tight & can't eat much. I know ican always rely on popcorn. Lopl

The reason people eat things that may not be the best choices are because it was their stomach that was banded not their brain. If it was easy to give up these foods completely then none of us would have needed a band. It is also easier to stay away from these kind of foods initially as that is when you are full of motivation, the further out you are the harder it becomes.

Hey gals.. Betheboo: I have not had popcorn since the band. I am to afraid to have in. My fear is that a kernal will be not chewed, and then swallowed by me and land on the area where the food goes throu. Then if I can't gag it up and throw it up I am screwed.. Since I was let go from my job 3 years ago, I have no health ins. l will not be getting medicare until Apri 1, 2013. YOU HAVE DONE TERRIFIC AND LOOK GREAT...So if popcorn is working I guess its ok. Do you have any suggestions for me? Also what about the butter stuff we all love?

I know, it's a bummer that some of the things we shouldn't eat end up being the things that are the easiest. chips and salsa really aren't that bad. There are worse things. When I have good restriction I can only eat a few and it's nice to be able to stop with just a few. If you are able to eat more than a few, you may not be in the green zone. Corn chips are a solid in my book.

Hello again. I found out that I am overweight on the bmi thing. I need to lose 15 lbs to be healthy weight. My Doc will not give me a fill any more. Darn it.

@ Cindy's Mom, sometimes a fill is not the answer to losing, sometimes you have to burn more than your body needs. The closer we get to goal the harder it is to lose and another fill is not the answer. I am 17 lbs from ideal body weight and I am working my butt off by doing some basic old fashion exercise. I sometimes wish I had started exercise sooner but bad knees prevented this early in this process.

As far as the slider discussion, I rarely eat sliders, I know my triggers, and chips and salsa is one of them, and I try to stay as far from them as I can. I switched to popcorn for a while but realized I was just substituting popcorn for chips. I do not believe in depriving myself of anything if I truly want it but the longer I am banded the less I want it. I have come to far to sabotage myself with sliders because I know me, once I head down that road it will be hard for me to get back on track.

Hey there.. Funny thing for me is that i want to be healthy and thinner so much that I NEVER feel deprived of anything. I honestly do not care about food most of the time. I know tht I have to eat food to live. At 64, I do exercise but the first and last time I did zumba was great but I damaged my right food so much that it hurts all the time. I have terrible pain on the ball of the foot. I have pain in all my toes. I do not have insurance coverage for another 10 months. We walk 3 miles a day. I do Water Aerbics 3x a week. I also do some machines. I might have to remeasure my food.

Yes, you are right the last few lbs are a bummer. I think you are doing so great..Proud of you..

Why can't you get a fill? Yup you will probably just have to measure your food and add a mile of walking or something. Of course if you feel good and look good then sometimes those charts tell us we are over weight when we really aren't. I am tall and have hips, butt, and breasts and according to some charts I should weigh 140...LOL... It's never going to happen because I could never maintain it. At my current weight I am a size 12 but charts can't see how I am built.

Wow, everyone is in a different place as far as what motivates you. Getting the band does not eliminate your mental struggles with over eating and it does not mean that you no longer like Snacks and unhealthy things. I think it takes courage to come on here and say you are struggling. I think everyone struggles from time to time, the key is knowing your struggles and figuring out a way to conquer them. If everyone was perfect, none of us would have needed surgery. I am only 5 days post op and have been overweight all my life. I have been successful on diets before and swore that was the time things were going to be different, but here I am. So I am highly motivated, but know there are days I will struggle. If some are not struggling and can say you are perfect, I commend you, but many of us will have struggles. Struggle does no equal lack of success, so keep pressing on.

"It's a shame they cannot band the brain along with the stomach."

Very profound and very true !!

I am trying to figgure out why anyone would go and have the lapband put in and want to "eat around the band"' date=' "& cheat" . Was it so easy to pay for the surgery? Was it so easy to go under with anesthesia?

Was it easy to walk and get those darn gas bubbles out? Was it easy to do a 2-3 week liquid only diet?

Was it easy having the pain pills cause Constipation? Is life better living in obesity city? For me I am going to say NO to all these questions. And then I ask this: Why do you want to sabatauge your weight loss for some crappy food that got you obese in the first place? Thank you.[/quote']

Ahh...I'm going to type this up and keep it with me. I haven't eaten around the band yet but in case I think about it I would read this first.

Don't do it!!!! Yes it is easy, but you will find yourself skit.g it more and more. What I did was to make sure I did not buy my family Snacks that I liked. This way i avoid temptation. Recently my Dr. Office opened a nutrition store. And they have Protein chips. And when I want chips, that's what i eat. They are by a company called health wise out of grovetown, Ga. WWW.healthwisenri.com their flavors are......bbq, ranch, salt and vinegar. They have much more protein than lays...lol.

The carbs are within our limits. Their stuff is actually tasty....if you love reuse cups, then their Choc peantbutter bars are good....no, not exactly like a reese cup but it is good, and the strawberry cheesecake bars are great.

How many carbs do you have each day? Carbs do not help you lose weight. Carbs make you crave more carbs...The carbs that are good are veggies and fruits mainly.

Protein helps you lose weight. Protein keeps you full.

To lose weight up protein, lower the carbs.

I have not gone on the website yet. But I will~ I only want the best of all of us.