Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tummy Tuck & Breast Reduction 11 Hours Away!!!!

I was a self pay. $15500.00 thus far. I did end up staying overnight in the hopital because the surgery ended up taking 6 hours!!! My sister works in the surgical practice so my ps went above and beyond to give me the best result. I ended up agreeing to a vertical incision so he could shape my upper abdomen as well and tighten the muscles there as well as the lower. I'm only 30 hours post op and can see an awesome reslt. Wow! I'm speechless!!!!

I ended up with a vertical incision too, mainly because of the same problem i needed a repair to the ab muscles i am always happy to have a neat scar rather than a wierd shaped looking abdomen .. glad u are recovering well :)

good to hear from you cazzy! Saw my surgeon today, he's thrilled and I'm over the moon with my results. he left two drains in, but my sis, the rn, can pull them this weekend he said. :)

all drains out now i had 8 of the darn things am now at home but weather is waaay to hot for me :( these compression garments are a nightmare lol

well my hands and lower arms are swollen but worst is my upper thighs omg all the loose skin i had from the weight i lost is now filled with Fluid i did read about the lymphatic system having to reroute itself after its been cut about a lot as in large tt ops and abdominoplasty stuff so i am not surprised. am just concentrating on healing for now and not worrying about the scales ..

did u swell too ?

My abdomen feels more bloated than anything. It's pretty cool here in Michigan so the compression garment isn't so bad, just feels tight! ugh! He said I could move toa Spanx type garment if I wanted so I will definately be looking into that!

Would love to see pics ladies...when you feel up to it. I am really thinking about getting a TT done after losing weight as well.

keep us posted on your progress - i am all ears - wanting PS as soon as i can save up - can you post before and after pics at some point too? would love to see it!

Hopefully I'll get brave enough to post pics one day! I've been camera shy for the last 100 pounds so it's a very sensitive subject for me. It feels great to now smile for the camera instead of running for cover!!!!!!

I've lost 90 pounds and I am at my goal weight. I have my first appointment for a TT and breast lift on Friday. I am excited but very nervous. I love these posts because now I have a ton of questions for my doctor. I am sure he will love it. LOL

Hopefully I'll get brave enough to post pics one day! I've been camera shy for the last 100 pounds so it's a very sensitive subject for me. It feels great to now smile for the camera instead of running for cover!!!!!!

Im with u on the camera shy thing highland i have took a few b4 and after pics but need a few more days to pluck up the courage to post them as i even having trouble looking at them lol

how u feeling now ? i feel a lot better but omg thse garments are tight ! i am finding it pretty boring not doing much ... i am being careful tho :)

wishing u a speedy recovery and Jill i hope all goes well for you on friday :)

I'm amazed at how well I feel pnysically! The breasts are the absolute easiest part.You have the same incision pattern from a lift as you do from a reduction. I was really surprised by that. The hip to hip incisioon from the tt sounds bad but it really doesn't bother me either. The vertical incision to work on my upper abs is the most sore, but oh so worth it. First PS wasn't going to bother with it. So glad I went with the PS my sister works with. It's been wonderful having a 24/7 nurse with me!!!!

does one absolutley have to be at their goal weight? if so... how long do you have to maintain your goal weight?

NO! Absolutely not. Most PS's will tell you the closer to goal as possible is best, however you also need to think about the weight you personally think will be maintainable for YOU! That's how I looked at it, and my brilliant ps gave me an u believeable result on my breast reduction and abdomoinoplasty. I'm 2 weeks post op and feel amazing! Best decision of my life......after lapband surgery!!!!

I can't wait to see your pics. I'm 3 weeks post op and had the same surgery. Horizontal and vertical. I'm doing great! Still have one drain in. Now that the swelling is going down my lapband port really sticks out!

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

post-275838-13813140081932_thumb.jpg

post-275838-13813140082402_thumb.jpg

Karen K - That's incredible! You must be overjoyed with the results?

I'm just at the beginning of my journey but fully accept that this will be in my future. Sigh.