Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band Plication Or Lap Band?

I am having the Lap band Plication Surgery on June 5th can anyone tell me the difference between the regular Lap Band and The Plication? Does it Hurt Worse and Is there More Weight Loss with one instead of the other?

Please Let me know how it went for you are you scared and excited!!! I think that the plication with the band will give better results!!

I had both done (band with plication) on 2/21/12. I am very happy with my choice. I have only lost 23 lbs but this is my fault. I NEVER get hungry but can't seem to break the habit of just eating at mealtime whether or not I am hungry. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Please Let me know how it went for you are you scared and excited!!! I think that the plication with the band will give better results!!

I'm nervous and excited. I'm SO ready for this change.

hey guys! I had the band with plication (or as my doc calls it the "iband") on Feb 13th, so far I've lost 55 pounds!! I love it!! My doc said most bands will leave you sore a day or two afterwards, but with the iband I was sore for 6 days! very painful but the liquid hydrocodone helps alot! I dont know how much for I can say how amazing the iband is, so worth it! my doc says if i keep up with my progress I should be at 100 pounds lost by august!

Thanks Rae. Love hearing stories like this! Congrats on your loss do far.

I just had lapband with plication yesterday- may 18. I feel pain at the port but it's not unbearable . It feels like I did a million sit ups. The worst for me so far has been severe cotton mouth! I've been eating ice all day. I would also say to walk walk walk and drink mint tea for gas.

Congrats on those who did the plication with Lap Band and shy2012 I hope you feel better and have a great success with your weight loss!!

Congrats on those who did the plication with Lap Band and shy2012 I hope you feel better and have a great success with your weight loss!!

Thanks! I still have cotton mouth especially after I walk.

I am having the Lap band Plication Surgery on June 5th can anyone tell me the difference between the regular Lap Band and The Plication? Does it Hurt Worse and Is there More Weight Loss with one instead of the other?

What is lap band plication? I did the realize band jan 2010 and haven't been happy with it.

hey guys! I had the band with plication (or as my doc calls it the "iband") on Feb 13th' date=' so far I've lost 55 pounds!! I love it!! My doc said most bands will leave you sore a day or two afterwards, but with the iband I was sore for 6 days! very painful but the liquid hydrocodone helps alot! I dont know how much for I can say how amazing the iband is, so worth it! my doc says if i keep up with my progress I should be at 100 pounds lost by august![/quote']

@rae, wow and congrats!!! I get my "Iband" surgery on May 29... Is there a secret to your success? Following orders? What are you eating? Exercise? Being on track to lose 100 in 6 months us amazing! Will that put you at/ near goal? Thanks for posting... The closer I get the more anxious I am!

@rae, wow and congrats!!! I get my "Iband" surgery on May 29... Is there a secret to your success? Following orders? What are you eating? Exercise? Being on track to lose 100 in 6 months us amazing! Will that put you at/ near goal? Thanks for posting... The closer I get the more anxious I am!

Hey, yea most was following docs orders! I am big about the Water rule and that seems to make a difference; no Water 10-15 mins before meal and no water 30 mins after. I've been eating frozen tilipia that you bake for like twenty mins and its soo good, and i dont like fish so that is saying something! that and the bumble bee chicken salad packs, chicken salad and 5 crackers is like the perfect for a small meal! also very important to get in your Protein, the one i love is Premier Protein.. I found it at sams its already liquid so its great for on the go and taste pretty good!!

not really exercising like i should, but soon ill be going more.. need to get past this month!! My goal is to be at 199.. at least! so i still have about two hundred to lose.. but still its a good start!

The band with plication is suppose to help you loose more then the regular lap band!! I hope I am not too sore afterwards!!

The band with plication is suppose to help you loose more then the regular lap band!! I hope I am not too sore afterwards!!

Yep it is and so far the people that have it are losing very well. But you have to follow Dr. Orders. I had my surgery May 18, and started Protein yesterday it's tough getting all of it in. I think because the stomach is still swollen. When do you go for surgery ?