Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

omg lately i have been wanting a soda soooooooo bad,i am going thru withdrawl,for a month and a half i havent wanted 1 but for 3 days i have been dying for 1 :(

My MD said that soda in small amounts was ok, especially if it was flat or almost flat and sugar free.< /p>

I gave up soda years and years ago....but I still enjoy a beer now and then.

Must drink very slowly, and NEVER with anything in your stomach. If I'm at a ballgame, I may have more than one, but I will not eat anything for the entire day.

Be strong, soda is so not good for you :wacko: and it can trigger other cravings. :angry: I haven't had any soda since I was banded in 05. I'm the old lady on this site lol. My Dr says even if it is flat you should not drink it. I have friends who have tried to drink it but the gas pain is alway there. But with everything eles in the world you can learn to get around your band if you want to. My advise for what it is worth ? just don't do it.

hugs :wub: Amy

When I was banded, the woman sharing my room was in for a band replacement. Why? Because she drank soda/carbonation and prolapsed her stomach through her band. She also gained 40 pounds in a relatively short period of time, too.

There's no way I'd risk going through that. Carbonated beverages just aren't worth it.

I'll admit it...I drank a dt. coke this morning. I got one from McDonalds and I brought along an extra cup since we aren't to use a straw. I poured it into the cup and let it sit for a while before I started drinking...to let the carbonation "out". To be very honest...it wasn't that great. I don't drink coffee or hot tea and I needed a jolt of caffine this morning...but to be really honest...it wasn't that great at all. If I do it again it will be only becuase I need that jolt of caffine and it will only be a couple sips because flat soda is really yucky!!!!

omg lately i have been wanting a soda soooooooo bad,i am going thru withdrawl,for a month and a half i havent wanted 1 but for 3 days i have been dying for 1 :(

I would advise you to find a way to distract yourself from that craving...carbonation and the pouch do not get along!

I know how difficult it can be to give something like soda up, but for your own well being it would be a good idea...I had to wean myself off of Coke Zero, and still miss it, especially when my husband sits across the dinner table from me and enjoys his...

I will still have a sip of soda vey now and then. BUT, I have found that it just doesnt taste as good as I remembered. I drink alot of green tea, crystal light, and Water now.

Brlgrl, why are you not allowed to drink from a straw? I drink ALL drinks from a straw and never had a problem. I even have a 32oz cup at home that has a lid and straw that I use for 'my' cup.I have not heard anything about no straws. I

I was told zero calorie soda is okay, but I steer away from sodas. Not because I don't think I can have it, but because I don't crave it. I drink Vitamin waters, hawiian sf punch in all flavors, tea, coffee, and Water. On occasion I have a non-fat frappe at least once a month. I don't like junk food any more but all of this takes time, you will get there.I craved coke zero once took one sip and was done. Like some on here has said they let the carbonation die down first. Each doc is different and more research has been done on the band. If doc says no avoid it he's the one doing your surgery. I dont penalize myself, if the day comes when I want a chip, soda, or candy, I will. I will not eat whole bar but satisfy craving and I have the will power to do that, its all about being in control. The reason we have gotten here is no self control, I have learned that with the band and its easier now to just say no. Good luck.

im not gna drink 1 but evey once in awhile the cravin hits, ty for ur help :)

I gave up carbonation when I went on the pre-surgery diet. I was addicted to Diet Pepsi before, but switched over to hot tea in the mornings. I've never been a hot tea drinker, but I found there are some marvelous flavored ones out there. Teavana has a Wild Youthberry/Orange Blossom blend that is my new addiction! I don't miss the carbonation now!

Oh, and I use a straw in everything -- except my hot tea :) !

i was a 2 liter a day before the surgery, 2 weeks after i tries to drink a soda, never again, trust me a the weight come off, you want think about it anymore

I was the diet cole 6 times a day Breakfast lunch dinner snack and night cap.I ordered a diet coke last week while at a karaoke bar with friends.not only did it not taste like I remembered,I was literally scared to drink it so I took a couple of sips since my friends bought it but didn't drink it all :-)

my dr told me it cud and prolly wud stretch out my pouch and hed have to fix it so ive left it alone but it gets hard when family is drinking em

I would advise you to find a way to distract yourself from that craving...carbonation and the pouch do not get along!

I know how difficult it can be to give something like soda up, but for your own well being it would be a good idea...I had to wean myself off of Coke Zero, and still miss it, especially when my husband sits across the dinner table from me and enjoys his...

MMmmm...Coke Zero! I haven't had one since March 30th! That was my drink of choice also. I never thought I would be able to go this long without soda. I'm hoping not to want it anymore, so far it's been easier than I expected...but then again it has only been 6 weeks so far.