Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey! So, I've been having issues with my period ever since having my second daughter. I was put on the Nuva ring and told to only allow myself to have 4 periods a year because i was bleeding so heavily i was becoming anemic. For awhile that worked and then I ended up hemmorhaging on it & was taken off. My period continued to go on for nearly 2 weeks and bleeding very heavily (pad and super plus tampons I'll go through in a matter of 1 hour)

My dr suggested I get a non-hormonal birth control as ive had too many complications with hormonal ones and I now have a Nova-T IUD and my periods are just as bad :(! I'm so frustrated and have no idea how to fix this as my Iron has been once again dropping like crazy! I wish I could just have no period all together but want a third child in the near future... Anyone else go through this?

YES I did!!!But you will not like what the end results were for me....I bleed like that for 7 yrs and ended up in the hospital with dangerously low Iron 4 times in a 6 mnth period.So I HAD to have a hysterectomy at 38 yrs old.I also wanted one more child before i turned 40 but it just wasnt in the cards for me.NOW I am soooo happy I had the surgery.And have not had anemic issues since.

Aw I'm sorry to hear that! Im planning on having a third probably in the new year (I'm still young 23) so the idea that after having a third I may need to have a hysterectomy is a scary thought.. But god does this heavy bleeding suck!

Have you tried Seasonale? It's a hormonal pill but is only supposed to allow a period every three months.

After you are done birthing children check into ablation... It's wonderful... I had it done 2 years ago and no mensie since... It is a surgery that freezes or burns the lining of the uterus.. It was a better option for me than hysterectomy because there was really only 1 day recovery... Mostly anesthesia, very minimal pain and outpatient. My dr allowed me to choose, I figured I could do hysterectomy later if needed but thankfully this has worked for me!

I had a hysterectomy last year and it is the best thing I have done. I had a period that lasted about 63 days just before the op and I had had enough.

However if you want another child then this is obviously not an option.I would suggest having your 3rd child ASAP and maybe look at having a combined caesar/hysterectomy. It means that you have 1 less surgery to worry about if you do it that way.

i had the same problem have you ever been cheeked for Firbords there very common with over weight pepole due to exssses estergen also adomertioss I been anamic for along time due to heavy peridos frist by firbords then by adomerdoisss

No advice, just wanted to say you have my best wishes. I, too, had bleeding problems and fibrous tumor. I had a hysterectomy at 32 and found out later that my husband really had wanted a 3rd child, too. I am with elcee, hurry and have your 3rd and then have the problem taken care of. Good luck, Karen

Thank you ladies. What's weird is that when I was at my heaviest my period was 100% normal! I'm 180 lbs now at 5'6 and only now am I truly having issues.. Such a pain. We probably will have a baby sooner rather than too much later, I've got 40 lbs left to lose and my DH is a strength and conditioning coach!

Steph- I can't take hormonal based pills etc. That's where most of my issues stemmed. My dr wouldn't even allow me to take the pill because of family history with blood clots!

Steph- I can't take hormonal based pills etc. That's where most of my issues stemmed. My dr wouldn't even allow me to take the pill because of family history with blood clots!

I had the same thing happen to me, granted I am no where near my goal weight, but when I was overweight my periods were regular and normal. About a year ago I went on Seasonique and the first month was fine, no TOM, the second month it was a constant period with really big clots. All in all it was great birth control bc I never had sexy time lol. Finally this year I got sick of it because it was just a constant period so I called my GYN she told me to stop taking them and is going to give me the Mirena IUD since it's supp to help lighten your period. There is also a regular copper IUD with no hormones that you may want to look into as well.

I will probably never take an oral birth control again, I went off it over a week ago, weighed myself and lost 5.1 lbs in a week! Hopefully when I get the Mirena it would slow down my weight loss ::fingers crossed::

Shues, I'm in a regular copper IUD the only difference is among not being able to get pregnant my bleeding is just as Servere and the IUD has now gifted me with cramps ontop of the blood.. Great gift 

Shies;, I'm on a regular copper IUD the only difference is among not being able to get pregnant my bleeding is just as Servere and the IUD has now gifted me with cramps ontop of the blood.. Great gift eh?

Ugh that sucks! I have to say I'm one of those people who don't get cramps only occasionally, but to have that on top of a heavy period ::hugs:: :)