Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No Restrtiction Yet And I Have 8Cc In A 14Cc Band

I still feel have NO restiction. Very discouraged. I have a fill on wednesday of next week but just dont see this working for me. Feeling like I waisted $10,000. I know I also need to do my part but I just got off of working to 80-90hrs a week for the last two months so I just started exercising again. but I feel like a LABBAND Failure. I havent lost any weight and I was banded in January.

Some people don't feel resrtriction til they are close to their top out number (ex 9.5cc in 10cc band). While you are in bandster hell, watch your portions and choices. It will come in time.

Thanks Stephy, I am trying to not feel discouraged but it is hard. But I will keep going for my fills and try my hardest to not get down.

I was banded in September, have gotten fills every month, and still only have 7cc in my 14cc band - and don't feel any restriction what so ever. This has been the hardest diet I've ever been on, but I keep going hoping that when I do get the weight off this time, that I'll be able to keep it off with help from my band. The only way I've been able to be successful is to think of it as a choice. Anytime I want to eat something bad - I tell myself it's a choice - I can eat it, or I can get thin. I can't do both. Most of the time I've chosen to get thin - and the few times I caved I felt so guilty that I got right back at it. The scale has been stuck for 3 weeks now - and although I want to scream - I know that it's a plateau and it too shall pass. It will come down again if I keep doing the right things. Its if I don't keep doing the right things that I will fail!

Banded 11/28/11 and only started to feel some restriction with the 4th and especially the 5th fill. Going in next week for fill 6. I know where you are. I was there and still am to a point. I have about 10 ccs in a 14 cc band. My band is very tight now. Don't sit around waiting for a fill if you feel like you're not benefiting from the band. Some docs have to be pushed. I've heard of some docs who won't allow fills for over 6 weeks between. Don't be intimidated by your Doc. Be aggressive and insist on a 1 cc fill.

tmf

Thanks pugsx3 and 2muchfun for the advice.

My husband got banded 11/11/11 with a 14cc band. he had no restriction with 10ccs. Come to find out his buckel was broke on his and. He just had it repaired Monday, now he has good restriction with no fill.

So skiddles, was that like major surgery again? Same amount of anesthisia, pre-op and post-op? Sometimes I feel the same way but then I get something stuck and come to my senses.

tmf

I also have 8 cc's in a 14 cc band and not a heck of a lot of restriction. Just know it's normal!!!! Keep it up!

I have 8cc in a 10 cc band. I felt restriction but I also felt PB and slimming. I went to the doctor today and I have gained 1/2 lb. I know not much but this is my first gain in the 9 months since I was banded, I know why, I have been eating "crap". You know, Cookies, oatmeal, donuts, pizza. They would go down..good food would get stuck and I would end up in pain and throwing it up. Crap was easier plus I MISSED THIS BAD STUFF. Well, after a lecture (of stuff I already knew) he removed .5cc from the band (under Floroscope) and told me to come back in 2 weeks and we would talk again. I really feel like a failure right now. I just joined a gym (up until now I just was walking a bunch) so I expect this to take a turn soon. I am down over 90 pounds but this past month has been a real disappointment in myself!

Thanks for letting me vent. I just needed to get this out to someone who would understand. My husband still thinks I was crazy to do this in the first place and he would be ready to say "I told you it wouldn't work either". I really need to prove that it will work for me. I am the one who did all the research and all the stuff required to get this done. I can't turn back now...

Melinda in Florida

I was banded Nov/2011, I was feeling the sameway but I have only had two fills. I eat until I'm satisfied. Your body will tell you when you are over eating. I don't know how many cc's I have my doctor secret. I just eat my 3 meal and drink a lot of Water. I hope things get better for you

Banded 11/28/11 and only started to feel some restriction with the 4th and especially the 5th fill. Going in next week for fill 6. I know where you are. I was there and still am to a point. I have about 10 ccs in a 14 cc band. My band is very tight now. Don't sit around waiting for a fill if you feel like you're not benefiting from the band. Some docs have to be pushed. I've heard of some docs who won't allow fills for over 6 weeks between. Don't be intimidated by your Doc. Be aggressive and insist on a 1 cc fill.

tmf

I would be careful with a 1cc fill. That is a BIG fill and could result in overfill and the problems that go with it. I would give anything to go back and have fills little by little but my doctor thought it a good idea to put in a big fill without benefit of floroscope. So now I have a stretched pouch, no restriction and SEVERE reflux/GERD.

I am now on the "Fills Under Floroscope" bandwagon!!! Blind fills are dangerous.

My first fill was 1.5 cc and then 4 more at 1 each. I agree with Gayla that 1 cc might be excessive for most but for me it was fine. Just make sure your doc knows you'll be back if .5 or less doesn't work.

tmf

So skiddles, was that like major surgery again? Same amount of anesthisia, pre-op and post-op? Sometimes I feel the same way but then I get something stuck and come to my senses.

tmf

It wasn't major as before. Same as when we had the scope. They only put on a new buckle.