Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band With Gastric Plication

Sooooo freakin nervous guys, getting ready for the hospital!!! Wish me luck!! To a fast recovery and the NEW MEEEEEE!!!!! I don't want be a weenie!!! Lol!

Sooooo freakin nervous guys' date=' getting ready for the hospital!!! Wish me luck!! To a fast recovery and the NEW MEEEEEE!!!!! I don't want be a weenie!!! Lol![/quote']

Good luck. Keep us posted.

Hi everyone!!

I am brand new to this whole discussion board thing :) I have my surgery scheduled for 5/24 and I am FREAKING out!! I had lap band done in 2007 and didn't loose any weight...I've come to the realization that the band is a tool and its not going to do it for me! My dr. suggested the plication to help me get back on track. I'm nervous and anxioous because I can't find any results! I know its new but I am looking for some motivation

:

Welcome JessieRae I haven't been plication banded yet, but would like to at least welcome you :)

Sooooo freakin nervous guys' date=' getting ready for the hospital!!! Wish me luck!! To a fast recovery and the NEW MEEEEEE!!!!! I don't want be a weenie!!! Lol![/quote']

How are u feeling my dear?

weight.png

Hi everyone!!

I am brand new to this whole discussion board thing :) I have my surgery scheduled for 5/24 and I am FREAKING out!! I had lap band done in 2007 and didn't loose any weight...I've come to the realization that the band is a tool and its not going to do it for me! My dr. suggested the plication to help me get back on track. I'm nervous and anxioous because I can't find any results! I know its new but I am looking for some motivation

:

You'll do great! My doc says the plication is that little extra something the band was missing!

weight.png

HELLO. I'm doing awesome! About to go home soon, not staying overnight. I have the best surgeon. Just some shoulder and chest pain and sore. Maybe cuz I have drugs in me lol!! But not bad right now!!!!! :)

HELLO. I'm doing awesome! About to go home soon' date=' not staying overnight. I have the best surgeon. Just some shoulder and chest pain and sore. Maybe cuz I have drugs in me lol!! But not bad right now!!!!! :)[/quote']

Hey Sandrie! Great to see your post.. Take it easy and from reading other post - some use gas-x and lots of walking oh and I've read heating pads for shoulder pain. Praying for a speedy recovery!

I am having this procedure on May 15th. I am looking forward to it and the future after!!!

How are u feeling my dear?

Feeling sore and some gas pain, but I feel good! Going home now to rest and walk!!!

That's great news... So happy for you. Now go home and take it easy for a few days!

How are you ladies recovering now? And how much have all of you lost, I'm looking to get this surgery? Thanks!

Feeling sore and some gas pain' date=' but I feel good! Going home now to rest and walk!!![/quote']

How is the nausea?

I only had a couple waves of nausea, and they passed quickly. The hardest part for me following surgery was caffiene withdrawls, and not doing good on the Lortab they gave me. Once I had a cup of coffee and stopped the pain meds I started to feel much better. Almost 4 weeks later I am down 21lbs and am eating anything I want, just much less than I used to. Looking forward to my first fill in a couple weeks.

Hang in there everyone, you will do fine. Just take it easy for a few days.

I had the procedure on Monday. Today is the first day so far like I could sleep the morning away. I have had very little to no nausea and very little pain. the biggest discomfort has been the hernia fix and the tightness in the chest, but the doctor warned me of that. I have been on liquids for the past couple days, as that is all I wanted. I have not been hungry at all and still am not today. I had some of a Protein Shake this morning, but even then only a little bit. I am really grateful for my mother, who stayed at my house with me until this morning and she was wonderful. She helped with laundry, cleaning and other stuff I wasn't supposed to do. My recovery so far has been uneventful, thank God for that. Thanks to everyone on this site for your advice, questions and support - it has meant a great deal to me.