Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is There Any Danger To The Band That I'm This Stressed Out?

First off take a deep breath. I had surgery on Friday and have a 4 year old too and know actually how you feel. I went to work today more exhausted and was able to sneak in a nap at lunch since she was at school.

You can do this. Just remember why you got it in the first place and do it for your little one. There is no easy answer expect it will get better, I know it will. Hang in there.

No. But if you are anything like me at times, you are probably hanging by a bare thread. I've had my band for 9 months. 6 of those months were spent in a state of chronic and often acute stress due to worn. This didn't help my weight loss efforts. In fact, it slowed me down becaus I was still stress eating. I started to see a counselor and had a 4 month stint on anti anxiety meds. I finally was able to sort out the true source of most of my stress, reduce the stress level and managed to lose 22 pounds.

FYI that during periods of acute stress I did experience cheat pain and heartburn. Good luck in sorting all of this out.

It is really annoying when people delete their post after others have replied. It then leaves a thread that makes no sense!

Mybe they dont like the answers lol

I was embarrassed by being so upset... I couldn't figure out how to delete the thread.

For what it's worth I feel like a complete nut job. This is much much harder emotionally than I ever thought it would be.

For what it's worth, I feel like a total nut job. This is much much harder than I thought it would be emotionally. I've been crying a lot the last 24 hours and I feel totally overwhelmed.

Sasha, I don't know what your original post said but I've had band regret off and on, I'm post op day 5. I feel guilty. I'm sore, I'm tired, I'm woozy and I have a 24/7 responsibility that i feel like i suck at right now. My moms have been helping me with my lil boys but at times I've been totally worthless. Today it's just me and them and it's quite better. I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Being a healthier, more energetic parent is priority one. I'll get there. Postop week 1 is just kinda a crappy crappy roller coaster, physically and emotionally. hang in there Sasha

I'm sorry that you are feeling so stressed. I don't know what is troubling you, but I hope it gets better soon.

Being stressed won't hurt your band. For me, it does make me get tighter, so I have to be more careful when I am eating. Otherwise, it has no impact on it. I'm not much of a stress eater these days.

I hope you're not stressed about having been banded. If so, please know that if you don't have any fill in your band, you can eat pretty much EXACTLY as you did before surgery. That was the one thing that freaked me out before hand, and if someone would have let me know this, I would have felt so much better!

It was hugely reassuring to me when I figured out that, if I hated how it felt to be banded, I could just let the fill out and feel the way I used to. As it happens, I actually love being banded (because I absolutely LOVE not feeling like sh*t about my weight, or about my eating, and because it made losing -- and now maintaining -- possible). Anyway, I've never wanted to get all of my fill taken out, but knowing that I could if I wanted to is somehow comforting.

I hope that you feel better soon. Honestly, this whole process is really wonderful -- you are not going to believe how good you are going to feel to have your weight under control.

Best wishes,

Catherine

Hi... You guys are really sweet... I'm just really struggling. Physically I'm exhausted but not in pain, it's mostly emotional and I can't get a grip on all the responsibilities I have. My elderly father moved last week and I need to get his old apartment empty (almost done) and his new place is CHAOS because he refused to downsize, I work full time, my husband works two jobs and I'm taking care of my 4yo daughter in the evenings... Last night I had a total stress meltdown and yelled at my daughter who is suddenly having phantom back pains and wouldn't go to sleep -- and then i felt guilty and cried hysterically for 4 hours and didn't fall asleep until 4am, then had to go to work at 9am... I had 6 hours of meetings today and didn't eat until 4pm when I had a cup of the saltiest Soup ever. Yuck!!

I'll be ok. I feel better every day, but last night I thought I was going to ruin my surgery and cause a slip because I was so upset. Today I feel better, but it's just too much. I talked to my boss and im going to take half day tomorrow and go in at noon...

I still had the email I wrote last night in my clipboard, so I pasted it below.... Thank you guys for being nice.

----

I'm so overwhelmed... I had surgery on Weds and thought I'd be recovered enough by now to go back to work... Work was ok, but taking care of my 4yo daughter tonight alone just pushed me over the edge. I don't feel well and I haven't been able to stop crying for the last 2 hours. I know I need to go to sleep, my back is aching and I've got pain in my shoulder again, and I'm afraid I'm going to throw up... But I've worked myself up into something I can't seem to get down from. I don't know how I'm going to work full time and take care of my daughter at night and recover. I feel like everyone in my family wants something from me, and I can't see clearly enough to figure out what help I need...I'm sure I'll figure it out in the morning, but I'm afraid I'm going to pop a stitch or something in the mean time... I'm just so tired! And I feel guilty for yelling at my daughter even though I know it up just happens sometimes... I've got to find a way to calm down!

Anyone been here? I don't know what I'm asking for, but this is physically and emotionally harder than I thought it would be.

Thank you Sasha for sharing your story. It does sound like you have more going on than your fair share. You're still recovering too. Our post op week one food choices are so limited. In my opinion, that's not been helping me out any. Food has always been a friend. It's always given me a big warm satisfying internal hug when I've needed it. I miss my friend. But that's what I signed up for. I'm going to have to get my satisfaction elsewhere now. Do you think missing food might be part of it too? Hugs to you.

Been there and this too will pass. The first two weeks I remember feeling a rainbow of emotions from happiness to regret from resentment to high anxiety. First your body is healing plus you are dealing with a new style of life in general. Just lately I feel an empty void that's not food anymore. So instead I walk or clean, also running a huge preschool and high demands. Hang in there and know there is light at end of tunnel.

I'm sorry that you are feeling so stressed. I don't know what is troubling you, but I hope it gets better soon.

Being stressed won't hurt your band. For me, it does make me get tighter, so I have to be more careful when I am eating. Otherwise, it has no impact on it. I'm not much of a stress eater these days.

I hope you're not stressed about having been banded. If so, please know that if you don't have any fill in your band, you can eat pretty much EXACTLY as you did before surgery. That was the one thing that freaked me out before hand, and if someone would have let me know this, I would have felt so much better!

It was hugely reassuring to me when I figured out that, if I hated how it felt to be banded, I could just let the fill out and feel the way I used to. As it happens, I actually love being banded (because I absolutely LOVE not feeling like sh*t about my weight, or about my eating, and because it made losing -- and now maintaining -- possible). Anyway, I've never wanted to get all of my fill taken out, but knowing that I could if I wanted to is somehow comforting.

I hope that you feel better soon. Honestly, this whole process is really wonderful -- you are not going to believe how good you are going to feel to have your weight under control.

Best wishes,

Catherine

Catherine you look amazing!! You should put your patient stats in. I was curious where you started at and how long it took you to get where you are....the pictures are great!! Keep up the great work.