Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Spanx = Greater Restriction?

Question for the ladies .... do you feel greater "restriction" as far as eating is concerned when you have on Shapewear? Spanx, body magic, etc? Im trying to decide if I want to wear spanx all day up until its time for me to go to sleep, because I am ridiculously hungry when I get home from work, after I take the spanx off of course

Hmmmm.....I wore some Spanx like thing to a wedding on Saturday, but I'm not sure I felt any more restriction. If you do though, or at least think you do, then go for it! Whatever works for you :)

I agree with the previous poster, if it's mental hunger the Spanx could help...

I can't see how Spanx could help the hunger. It may make it more uncomfortable if you eat too much but it shouldn't affect your urge to want to eat.

I feel it with a properly fitted bra. Sometimes at dinner I have to undo it so that I can eat

Im gonna conduct an experiment. I'll wear the Shapewear all day .... and all night. I'll see if I take in fewer calories, bc i swear last night I feel like I ate soooooo much. I ate when I got home from work (5pm) then again at like 7pm. I literally ate 2 dinners .... I mean they were under 300 calories each but still .... who needs 2 dinners when I had both Breakfast and lunch??? AND i had the nerve to have a milkshake.

So I hope the shapewear makes it more uncomfortable for me to eat and forces me to eat less later in the day <fingers crossed> ... I'll keep you updated on my progress.

Why not just go for another fill???

Im gonna conduct an experiment. I'll wear the Shapewear all day .... and all night. I'll see if I take in fewer calories' date=' bc i swear last night I feel like I ate soooooo much. I ate when I got home from work (5pm) then again at like 7pm. I literally ate 2 dinners .... I mean they were under 300 calories each but still .... who needs 2 dinners when I had both Breakfast and lunch??? AND i had the nerve to have a milkshake.

So I hope the shapewear makes it more uncomfortable for me to eat and forces me to eat less later in the day <fingers crossed> ... I'll keep you updated on my progress.[/quote']

Not sure about the shape wear but, my doc calls. Ice cream the devil. He says we should avoid ice cream because it makes it easier to overheat for up to two hours after you consume it. So I don't know when you ate the milkshake but just something to think about. Good luck with your journey.

Why not just go for another fill???

My doc told me I didnt need another fill (I dont agree). I dont have any sliming, PB, or stuck episodes .... Im just REALLY hungry at night.

Just to update, the Spanx DO actually make me feel like I have greater restriction all day, and night. So on average I eat about 200-300 calories less in a day when I have the spanx on!!!! I wear them to work but tend not to wear them on weekends unless Im partying or something ... but Im going to try and be more proactive and wear them all the time now.

I love my Spanx, however, I am 23 days post op and Spanx or any other control assistance hates me. I feel horrible but look good.

My doc told me I didnt need another fill (I dont agree). I dont have any sliming' date=' PB, or stuck episodes .... Im just REALLY hungry at night.

Just to update, the Spanx DO actually make me feel like I have greater restriction all day, and night. So on average I eat about 200-300 calories less in a day when I have the spanx on!!!! I wear them to work but tend not to wear them on weekends unless Im partying or something ... but Im going to try and be more proactive and wear them all the time now.[/quote']

I feel much more "restriction" when I wear any type of compressive shape wear that extends up to my bra strap.

FYI I read an article that said people who where "skinny jeans" are more likely to have nerve damage on their legs. I wonder whether that could be true for other parts of the body. It just seems bad for your circulation to where spanks ALL day long.

I wear the Spanx "higher power brief" that is a panty that goes all the way to the bra line. Its not so restrictive that I cant breathe and feel uncomfortable, but I DO feel more restriction (in my band) when I wear it.

OMG, I totally thought of this post the other day. A few days after a fill, which ended up being way too much, I stopped and got a smoothie on my way out to Omaha, which is an hour away. I was going to a wedding so I had a Spanx on. I took one sip of the smoothie and it was immediately clear that it was not going down. I was completely miserable the entire drive and even ended up throwing up, in a cup, in my car...not cool! Anyway, I did not realize yet that I was too tight as I has been fine up until then, so I was completely convinced that it was from the Spanx! Turns out it wasn't, but I do still think that the tightness of the Spanx could limit how much you eat and how full you feel.