Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How To Make Your Own Nutella...without All The Calories And Fat

Received my PB2 in the mail today. I will be making your recipe shortly. :)

I love Nutella, but I don't like wasting 200 calories and 11g of fat on 2 tbsp of it. I made my own today for only 80 calories and 3g of fat. Granted, it's not made with hazelnuts, but you get the same kind of taste with this. I used some in a smoothie this morning (I call it Nutella pumpkin Smoothie...YUM!) and I also put some on my whole wheat toast today for lunch. It was delicious!!

Ingredients:

2 tbsp PB2 powder (basically ground peanuts without the add fat like in peanut butter)

2-3 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder (I used 3 and it came out with a rich dark chocolate taste)

1 tsp of raw natural honey (if you like yours really sweet, you could always add a little more)

about 2 tbsp of Water

In a small bowl, add PB2 and cocoa. Whisk together with a whisk until most of the lumps are gone. Add honey and 1 tbsp Water. Mix well. Add another tbsp of water if it's too thick. You can add as much or as little water as you like depending on your desired consistency. Enjoy!

*I think there is a PB2 powder that already has cocoa added to it, so you could just omit the cocoa if you have that kind.

*If you are not fond of a rich dark chocolate taste, you could use a little less cocoa and a little more honey and it should dial the flavor down a little. I love the dark chocolate taste though!

So I know I've overkilled on the posts, but I'm currently eating your nutella recipe on half of a whole wheat english muffin. It's pretty good! Of course, the real nutella is scrumdiddlyumptious, but this is a great substitute. Thanks! I'll be using your recipe a lot. :)

So I know I've overkilled on the posts, but I'm currently eating your nutella recipe on half of a whole wheat english muffin. It's pretty good! Of course, the real nutella is scrumdiddlyumptious, but this is a great substitute. Thanks! I'll be using your recipe a lot. :)

Glad you liked it! REAL Nutella is so much better, but I'm just not willing to waste that many calories and fat grams on it.

Just read a review about PB2 on Amazon and the reviewer mentioned Netrition.com. That site has PB2 for much cheaper than Amazon and Netrition charges a flat shipping fee of 4.95 no matter how much you order.

I'm ordering both the regular and chocolate and look forward to trying your recipe.

I had never heard of this. Just ordered some. Can't wait to try it. Haven't had Peanut Butter for months!

FINALLY. - I finally ordered PB2 and some of my shakes from Netrition website - they are in NY too so I should be getting it soon!

dionaw- Sent from my iPad using LBT

FINALLY. - I finally ordered PB2 and some of my shakes from Netrition website - they are in NY too so I should be getting it soon!

dionaw- Sent from my iPad using LBT

I love putting PB2 in my Protein shakes and smoothies. I like the PB2 with chocolate in my banana smoothies....yum! I use it more in smoothies than anything else. Hope you like it!!

I have been using it for over 2 years. I love it too. I ws able to buy it from another place, when i put in my zipcode on the Bell Plantation site, It says that a low calorie, low carb ice cream shop called De'lites has it. I have also bought it at the Bariatric center that I go to. i love it ~A bit too much sometimes~

Thanks for the great recipe Miss Georgia Girl.. Keep up the good work everyone. All of you are doing so well....

I cannot wait to try this :) thanks